Digest: August 7

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 1999
      Hello. This is the Digest of posts dated Saturday, August 7,
      1999. Note that I have found a utility that 'cleans' email
      text of the staircase effect. Thanks, Gene, for showing me
      what to look for.

      ---Jerry

      ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

      Sharing as a way of Being

      The thing is, that there is either this psychic experience
      or there is not. When it is not, I wonder and look and make
      space for it to occur. Sometimes this means to subliminate
      my own agendas, to make space for the emanation of the
      other. Maybe I can link to the other, to make them aware
      that I am one who can deliberately make space for them to
      expand into. It is like an invitation, which really is
      beyond definition, to expand in that peculiar way that
      tolerates essence without or lacking deliberate
      organization. That is what I enjoy doing, and I find that
      those who are ripe, or beyond ripe and suffering, crave that
      as well. It is the lack of that, which makes the usual
      family experience fall short of expectations.

      It is unusual to find those who are aware of this, who hold
      themselves open with no agendas to push. It is the essence
      of awareness which is thus cultivated; an unstated
      acknowledgement that what is going on is unstated, yet is
      actually going on. This is fragile and needs the deliberate
      allowance of all parties present.

      It is not unusual to find situations where two are aware,
      and the third is out of phase. This can be an intimidating
      experience for the one outphased, and can be made safe only
      when there are no agendas being pushed. Connection is
      possible, when safety is assured. Like anyone, I will deny
      connection to one who stands for harm, but if that one is
      unaware of the harm involved, I will invite connection for
      the purpose of clarification of these matters. If
      connection is rejected by the other, that signals me that
      the other is not interested in an agenda-free connection.
      In my experience and opinion, it is the ability to be open
      and aganda-free which signals the suitabliity of a person to
      participate in the conscious community.

      If we consider love and compassion to be agendas, we may
      also consider that those agendas of love and compassion can
      be held without condition; that I can hold the door open,
      without charging admittance, and without requiring any
      password or other signs of alliegence. No formal token
      exists which denotes aware participation in the community of
      conscious persons; passage is allowed with the ability to be
      open and formless and still maintain personhood during the
      proceedings.

      This issue is one which underlies much anxiety and even
      paranoia; that is why I speak of it. I can think of no
      better place to speak of it then here. I feel that it must
      be spoken of. Many individuals flirt anxiously with this,
      perceiving only indirectly, what cannot be confirmed. How
      does one ask for confirmation? In my own experience of the
      past two years, I have on occasion broached this with
      others. I am often rewarded with a sudden smile and
      effusive laugh, which is sometimes tinged with
      embarassment. That this is so rare and rarified, so
      unspoken, not even an open secret, is my experience of it.

      We do not now have, and may never have, a standard for
      verifying awareness of this. The human Being, as radically
      driven by self-esteem issues and feelings of being
      inadequate and left-out, is apparently not prepared to
      invent an entirely new language to express this. Perhaps
      this is because the discovery of this is so precious, at
      such a high price, that one does not wish the chance that it
      will be lost or worse, invalidated by the disbelief or scorn
      of others. Perhaps it is, that one does not wish to try to
      explain what cannot be understood except by those who
      already know or sense what it is. In any event, it is in my
      opinion, an error to never speak of it. It may be spoken
      of, as a confirmation and a reminder that it is real, an
      event of transpersonal connection and of sharing Being, for
      that is what it is.

      ==Gene Poole==

      Rony responded to Gene:

      Indeed it is a very delicate issue. It is a step beyond
      "Freedom of the person". It longs to be heard and spoken
      of. To emerge from the unknown as an everfolwing movement
      out of time. The intimacy of a shared vibrant awareness in
      observation of its own manifestation where no manifestation
      happens. An extension without extension.

      Kristie responded to Gene:

      Yes, yes, yes! It is the experience and awareness of this
      state of Being/Sharingness that has changed my entire
      perception of what life is for. I still have many agendas
      which stand in the way of making space for that "union"...I
      still have much anxiety and paranoia that stem from the
      awareness of this function, which I believe is our natural
      state, the invitation to accept this as my function and my
      (apparent) resistance to yielding fully to that invitation;
      still holding on to agendas, even though I "know" the wonder
      of the alternative. Thank you for writing about this.
      Perhaps Being IS Sharing....I have found children almost
      uniformly responsive to this offering.....

      Judi:

      It was 1973 for me too. The world did come to an end as I
      knew it, the world of separate identities was no more, and
      there was no ever going back. I knew it was a process, but
      at that time I didn't know *what for*??

      At the time I'm not sure I felt so fortunate. I knew it was
      the truth though, I just didn't know what my place was in
      it. I was totally overwhelmed. And I think it is
      important, like you said, that we do share our experiences
      like this because it just might help someone else. It is
      kind of like when I had my first child, I was in no way
      informed about labor. The most I got was that it was a bad
      case of the cramps. :-) So I go into labor and think WHAT
      THE HELL!!!!!???? I thought surely something was wrong and
      the doctors and nurses were surely idiots. :-) That left my
      husband, and I knew he was an idiot, :-), so I figured death
      was just around the corner, either for myself or my unborn
      child. I was scared to say the least - not a good
      situation. Especially looking back on it seeing how that
      whole miserable situation could have been averted, if I had
      been better informed. People need to know that even though
      it is miserable, and I mean ABSOLUTELY miserable, just like
      labor, they're not gonna die, even though they get turned
      upside down and every other which way in this process, that
      it's OK. Someone who has been all the thru the birthing
      process and can lead them thru. So there is help like you
      say. We can't do it for them, but we can smile and hold
      their hands while they do it themselves. And we can make it
      go a bit quicker I believe too. *Induced labor*!! :-)
      C'mere sweetheart, how would you like me to induce some
      labor for you??? :-) Pretty funny isn't it?? Like my
      buddy Gyan, he says NO!! :-) Being in his position, can't
      say as I blame him. :-) Oh, well, little does he know, I
      just did! It's over for him, all but for the crying. :-) A
      sense of humor is defintely what's needed and I can see
      where a person could actually laugh thru the whole damn
      thing. Talk about a birth!! That's where the name Isaac is
      from, which means *laughter*, because his mother Sara,
      started laughing when she discovered she was pregnant, and
      she laughed thru the whole business, or so it was told.
      Poor kid, can you imagine poor little Isaac?? :-) Is this a
      scream or what???

      Gene shared:

      ...of interest to those aware of the 'world-dream' and the
      implications of our vulnerability to it:

      http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/Imaginal.html Here
      is a relevant quote:

      "IT IS PRIMARY SPATIALITY THAT IS IMPLICIT IN LEVELS OF
      REALITY OR REALMS OF EXISTENCE. Primary spatiality allows
      us to be "here" in physically measured linear time while
      being "there" in reverie, fantasy, or daydream.

      Our "thereness" (Heidegger, 1962) is immeasurable and
      nonquantifiable. If this can be recognized and accepted as
      a core characteristic of human existence, then our habitual
      relegation of these experiences to measurable time dimension
      in terms of being "unreal" can be overcome."

      Gloria Lee:

      Becky, if you are finding time to read all the other posts
      here, many are about Grace, letting the questions (and
      answers) come to you is awaiting the activity of Grace.
      Whenever terms like surrender, grace, and answers being
      provided by a god of any name or other people showing up as
      needed, this "timing" feels so right... there seems to be a
      dividing line of "me" vs outer or otherness.

      That's okay too..go with whatever works for you. That is
      how the Buddha saw all practices..as the raft you take, the
      means, the vehicle..at some point the raft is no longer
      need, When there is no dividing line or boundary between
      inner and outer, why continue to carry that raft around as a
      burden?

      The "fear" occurring now is not the same as before. When
      the same issues seem to recycle around and come back, they
      are on a spiral not a circle..you cannot actually go
      backwards. The "what have you got to lose" issue will be
      about a deeper letting go than whatever you relinquished
      before. It will be more clear and beautiful than what you
      saw before as well. So I say, bring on the fear!! It is a
      doorway.

      Glorious Gloria's Wisdom

      It makes my heart happy
      to witness