Monday, May 21

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 2:38 AM
      Hello! Gloria Lee has just sent you a greeting card from
      Bluemountain.com.

      You can pick up your personal message here:

      http://www2.bluemountain.com/cards/boxb225356a3/brdbgywiznekft.html

      Jan Barendrecht

      ºWhat is required to wake up?
      ºWhat can you do within the dream to wake up?
      ºNothing.
      º          ******* Da Free John

      Thanks for the laugh - why believe anyone saying "i am in a dream" at
      all? That belief only adds to the long list of suffering, which,
      according to Gurdjieff, is difficult to give up already.

      BTW, Gurdjieff is right, the fat guy is wrong <laugh>

      "A man will renounce any pleasures you like but he will not give up his
      suffering."

      from Judi Rhodes

      There are those that preach various forms of mental preoccupation and
      subtle preoccupation. They are all the same. They are all doing the
      same thing. They are serving the dream. They are not the Self of
      Reality. They are not what the true Guru is, what the Great Siddha
      truly is. The man of understanding, functioning as Guru, is an
      awakener. He is always already awake. He couldn't care less about your
      urges and demands within the dream. He refuses to satisfy them. I would
      rather beat you on the head with a stick than give you an experience
      merely to console you. I have no intention of satisfying anybody here.
      All the demands for satisfaction that you bring are frustrated here.

      *** Da Free John --

      Ed Arrons

      The growing trend of political and economic oligarchy has me thinking
      anew about the benefits of real community. Admittedly, community, in
      the real and fullest sense, puts this old hippie in a nostalgic mood :)

      ...which led to a train of thoughts in which I wondered how important
      real community is to one's integrity, to being a whole Self. And, to
      what extent internet communication can fulfill the need for "real"
      community.

      And, further consideration led to wondering whether technology and real
      community might be incompatible. Indeed, though technological
      "progress" may offer "connectedness" in a limited form, it also
      bolsters an ever deepening breakdown of community and separateness. It
      is also apparent that technology lends itself to political and economic
      uncertainty: witness, the past presidential election, the questionable
      health of the economy, and the California energy crisis -not to mention
      a wide array of environmental difficulties.

      This is not to suggest a summary dismissal of technology; rather to
      observe more thoughtfully where we are going with it, and how a more
      human, more community oriented approach to technology might develop.

      Yet, how easy it is, especially for nondualists, to use this internet
      technology without thinking of the consequences! :) ...Ed

      **** Exactly, there is nobody *in* anything, much less a *dream*! :-)
      There is only *that* which is *awake* already. --Judi

      IF the dreamlike nature of the so-called mind breaks, this is manifest.
      Or, IF this is manifest, the dreamlike mind breaks. Otherwise, life is
      but a dream. --Andrew

      Alright now, for all you dreamers out there in dreamland, on the count
      of three...1, 1-1/2, 2, 2-1/2, 2-7/8, 2 15/16, 3!!! --Judi

      123...
      1) not a dream
      2) dream
      3) no dream