Tuesday, May 15

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2001
      WHITE WOLFE

      my mira and friends,

      don't know where if i will go anywhere with this....but love is not an
      ordinary love if ordinary love be either love conventional or love
      rebellious....true love is neither conventional nor rebellious....it is
      enigmatic....so it is with true love....true love is centered in
      non-duality....true lovers may appear to live in an ordinary house,
      work at ordinary jobs and raise ordinarily rebellious kids.....but the
      difference is that they know that there is something rebellious about
      the conformist and is there something conventional about the
      rebel.....there is nothing ordinary and nothing conventional about true
      love because true lover's know this.....realizing this in ourselves we
      are neither and our love is something ever fresh and new....this
      knowledge makes us free to move between conformity and rebellion as we
      please.....we listen to rock and roll like our kids but we listen with
      discrimination, i.e. Steve Vai adn then turn him off in favor of Brahms
      or Rachmaninoff.....we get matching tattos celebrating our love and do
      not care if the establishment blushes for us because in doing so we use
      symbols unitng Pagan and Christian.....we reach half way around the
      world to find a true love in each other and in so doing unite two
      cultures and captapult ourselves and our children into a new adventure
      from which there is no returning......ours love is grounded in an
      integral embrace of each other endlessly merging into each other and
      effortlesstly emerging into a ever new state of non-duality....such
      love is truly endless, is true love and is truly
      non-dual....non-duality at the existential level is the marriage of
      true bodies, true minds and true hearts into one relentless spirit
      questing for what is just beyond today's horizon.....^^~~~~~

      HOBBES

      Yes... the Tao has a name but not a way. It is seen but not done.

      Consider:

      The Tao that can be named... <snip> is not.

      Is another way of the sage saying: Think about it, ponder, wonder,
      argue, stretch it, pull it, this way and that until you see it for your
      self as your self instead of taking the words of a bunch of old dead
      guys and a bunch of young know-it-alls that know they are right and yet
      fail to see why 'we' are right.

      Thus, the name given by Lao Tzu (assuming it is Tao) is Lao's way of
      giving a point of reference only. It is like pointing to 'the self that
      is not there' which 'is the point'.

      Others call it enlightenemnt, salvation, whatever.. but only when these
      words are used together in the same sentence are distinctions required
      (usually cultural, ritual, no-mind, consciousness etc) yet, strangely,
      when used separately, we understand and apply the same meaning.

      Thus, the 'descriptive poetry and texts' are accurate and encompass the
      Tao completely however, they come from 'one whole view' of the elephant
      (not your own) and thus, the words are meaningless to anyone else that
      reads them as it assumes that we are looking at the same thing with the
      same view at the same time.

      As the Tao is the absolute function of change with no substance, the
      concept of same thing, view, and time are not possible but the dynamics
      that rule the same thing, view, and time do not change... that part is
      called God. A fixed position.

      Even a single wheel (death and rebirth) needs a center to turn (Tao,
      dharma) and each center needs an absolute still point (God) to turn
      around. Thus, god is a mute point but necessary to understanding Tao.

      The 'physical body' is not the mind and yet the new sage sees these as
      being one or all things.

      Consider:

      The body can be programmed and conditioned by any one to yeild this and
      that response in this and that situation and the mind goes along until
      it paradoxes itself, creating confusion, and that 'need, desire,
      whatever' to seek outside of the self to satasfy the self that is
      within.

      Thus, have no false view of what is body for the body can not be named
      if it is to include all things both in, out, and beyond your view.

      No body.

      Thus, 'give no false view of the name' nor what you believe is 'you' as
      all these are perceptions of body and not mind so when the body falls
      away, leaving only what thinks, is, and does 'you will not be lost'. If
      you 'must' identify with something, identify with this.

      Identity equals location

      The view (sight and sound) is a fixed position thus label, name, etc...
      is applied to the view and not that which views.

      There is only one emotion, feeling, whatever that comes from mind which
      only indicates change but no distinction of what on any sense. Then,
      the body that contains the mind defines what is around to determine is
      this good or bad or neutral?

      Now, god, creator, tao, whatever is just a single 'principle'
      (physically) and a single 'element' (mentally) in a big machice we call
      'uni-verse' (or one word).

      Mu.

      God (you) is no more or less important than any other piece in the
      machine. If a part is not working the whole machine does not work,
      God's part included. Thus, any monkey with a wooden sandal can sabatage
      the machine. The 'advantage' then, is God (you) is separated from the
      machine and as such, can cast out the unnecessary parts, fix those
      those that can be fixed or create a whole new machine.

      However, remember, no god, no machine, no machine, no go for everyone
      and all things but move it must as Tao is only change. It is like a
      Texas stand off where God (you) is both first to die and the last one
      holding the knife to the throat of the last one to die. Kick out the
      middle men and what is left?

      Thus, done unto others what is done to me...

      --hobbes Keeper of Names

      GLORIA

      "There is no use trying. One can't believe impossible things," said
      Alice. "I dare say you haven't had much practice," replied the Queen.
      "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why,
      sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before
      breakfast." -- Lewis Carroll, Through The Looking Glass

      "What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible." --
      Theodore Roethke, poet

      GLORIA LEE

      DOUGLAS ADAMS QUOTES
       In Memoriam

      Men have always thought that they were more intelligent because while
      they built large cities and nuclear arms all dolphins ever did was to
      muck about in the water. Dolphins have always thought that they were
      more intelligent for precisely the same reason.

      Signs
      "Even travelling despondently is better than arriving here."

      Poor Ford
      Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!

      From The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
      ...and then, one Thursday, nearly 2,000 years after one man had been
      nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people
      for a change, a girl sitting on her own somewhere in Rickmansworth
      suddenly realised what it was that had been going wrong all this time,
      and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy
      place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to
      get nailed to anything. Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone
      to tell anyone about it the Earth was unexpectedly demolished to make
      way for a new hyperspace by-pass, and so the idea was lost forever.
      This is not her story...

      Mona Lisa(s)
      "The one nearest the wall?"
      "It's the only one that wasn't damaged in the fire."
      "But it's a fake!"
      "How can it be, if Leonardo painted it?"
      "With the words 'This Is A Fake' written under the brushwork? In felt tip?"
      "It doesn't affect what it looks like."
      "It doesn't matter what it looks like."
      "Doesn't it? Some people would say the whole point of a painting."
      "But they'll find out... They'll X-Ray it."
      "Serves them right! If they have to X-Ray it to find out if it's any
      good or not, then you might as well have painting by computer." -- from
      Doctor Who: City of Death by Douglas Adams & Graham Williams

      The Ultimate Proof of the Non-existence of God
      God: "I refuse to prove that I exist; for proof denies faith, and
      without faith, I am nothing" Man: "Ahh, but the Babelfish is a dead
      giveaway then isn't it ? Nothing so extraordinarily useful could have
      evolved by chance, so you must have made it. This proves that you
      exist; therefore, by your own arguments you do not. QED." God: "Oh, I
      hadn't thought of that" And God promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
      Man feeling extremely good about himself goes on to prove that black is
      white and gets himself killed at the next zebra crossing.

      From an essay he wrote
      It is interesting to note here that the Europeans always consider
      themselves vastly superior to any other race they encounter, since they
      can lie, cheat, steal, and litigate (marks of a civilised culture they
      say) - whereas all the Aboriginals can do is happily survive being left
      in the middle of a vast red-hot desert, equipped with a stick. Mostly
      Harmless - 5:09pm 14-May-01
      "It's times like these that I wish that I had listened to my mother."
      "Why, what did she say?" "I don't know, I wasn't listening..." So long
      Douglas and thanks for all the fish...

      MARK OTTER

      Hi Gloria,
      thank you so much for the tribute to Douglas Adams. What a delightful
      mind!!!! A good friend at grad school recommended Adams to me. He told
      of listening to the radio broadcast of Hitchiker's Guide to the
      Universe (which I gather was the first incarnation, before the book and
      TV show). The episode he described that got me fired up to find some of
      Adam's material was of Marvin, the depressed robot. The crew had just
      landed on the planet which was a planet factory (where they hoped to
      commision a new Earth), and after several crew member separated, there
      was some Pink Floyd in the background and one of the characters went
      over to Marvin, who was depressed because he had an IQ of over 3000,
      but was essentially an ignored servant to humans and asked Marving to
      please stop humming Pink Floyd. I loved the mixing of levels so I went
      and bought the books and finally found the tapes of the radio show.

      thanks for the memory, Mark ps I have OFTEN told the dolphin
      intelligence story. It turns out that humans were the third most
      intelligent species on the planet, and dolphins widely accepted to be
      the second most intelligent (for the reason you quoted.) White mice
      were the most intelligent as they devised incredibly sophisticated
      psychology experiments wherein they ran around in mazes and watched the
      human reactions...

      ostly Harmless - 5:09pm 14-May-01
                       "It's times like these that I wish that I had listened
      to my mother." "Why, what did she say?" "I
                       don't know, I wasn't listening..." So long Douglas and
      thanks for all the fish...

      GENE POOLE

      <http://www.mmedia.is/odsmal/concepts_in_heathenry.html>