Thursday April 12th

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2001
      I have looked , and thus have found
      that I am now exceeding round.
      With great girth and bulging belly
      which shakes just like a bowl of jelly.
      Now I spend much time it seems,
      just hitching up my falling jeans.
      But all in all I've found it's true,
      that all my faults don't make me blue.
      If I can find within my heart
      the truth that lets the pain depart
      and share it with a hungry world
      the sky we'll seek with wings unfurled.

      Mace

      Are people enjoyed for who they are, or is there some standard they're
      held against, the Ramanaic Standard perhaps? The Nisargadattic Mean?
      Ever try making fresh peas taste like canned ones? You actually have to
      can them.

      jerry

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      ** of course there is a standard jerry. each one of us has our own
      too. It is called by various names; conditioning, biases, prejudices,
      programming, or just plain preferences. It may have nothing to do
      with R or N but it is a standard none the less. Now, one could easily
      say that this is a bad thing, that our standards get in the way of
      relationship.If we say that we "should" enjoy all people for who they
      are,(ie: equally) then that is our new standard of enjoying people;
      it is called the Standard Of Enjoying All People Equally. (SOEAPE).
      No different than any other standard. And if we can't do that then
      we are lacking, missing or failing something. hmmmmm.

      All are blessed
      justthis

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      World-dream values mandate that 'all shall be alike, as peas in a
      pod". This is otherwise and properly known as spiritual fascism.

      Primate-instinctive-impulse is to homogenize the population to the
      goal of purity of tribe; the masses of seekers and joiners (bereft of
      actual realization) are ruled by this automatic mechanism of the
      human unconscious. Consequently, 'until realization', seeking is done
      in the context of fitting into a recognizable structure, of which
      religions, churches and temples are manifestations.

      Unfortunately, seekers of the 'nondual' are also ruled by the same
      automatism; consequently, there is (ironic?) truth to the old saw...
      "Those who know, do not say, and those who say, do not know". This
      homily has veracity, in this context.

      If a seeker had an accurate picture of what is being sought, there
      would be no more seeking. Ergo, seeking is a tacit confession of
      cluelessness. But the reverse is not true; non-seeking does not
      evidence 'realization', and neither does an attitude of casual (and
      formulaic) dismissal of all concerns.

      Give peas a chance; they can't be beet.

      Fresh daily,

      ==Gene Poole==

      Eugene Shearn:

      this party is not for you,
      you should host it and invite
      and be it's servent...

      Eugene and Dan:

      Hi Eugene --

      >This "however" seems a justification or negetion of
      >the previous statement. Any "more and more" conscious
      >is more and more conditioned as Consciousness alone
      >is, there is no more or less.

      Without any "howevers", or "more and more",
      what will become of the "thinker" the "doer"
      the one who is "getting somewhere"?

      Withouth the thought/attempt to get, what has become of
      the thinker/doer?

      >It takes effort to make avoidance, seeing, facing,
      >repression, material, uncomfortability and an
      >unconscious.

      Absolutely.
      A critical "insight".
      The efforting is the avoiding,
      and the forcing.

      >Nothing truly has ever been done, undone.
      >No therapeutic condition exits

      Indeed, no conditionality whatsoever
      can be affirmed as existing or
      negated as nonexisting.

      Namaste,
      Dan

      Hell's bells.....if that's the way
      it's seen, why not just
      commit suicide and be free
      of these 'illusions' all together?

      Melody

      ******
      It's exactly suicide, yes.
      Death.
      What are you waiting for?

      Judi

      >Hell's bells.....if that's the way
      >it's seen, why not just
      >commit suicide and be free
      >of these 'illusions' all together?
      >

      >Melody

      Because that thought is just another
      delusion placed on top of all the
      other delusion.

      There is no "my" body.
      There *is* body.

      This universe.

      Love,
      Dan

      Enlightenment is a very serious matter. It's the Transcendence of
      life altogether as you now assume it to be. It's about death - your
      death. The Teaching is a Sacred matter and not a self improvement
      technique thinking that you are going to get something out of it.
      Because the very one that thinks they are going to get something out
      of it is what gets obliterated in the process.

      Enlightenment is not something that you can *aspire* to like the
      violin. If you're ready to die right now and never go back I say come
      on, but if not, turn back, go on with your life and be happy. God has
      everything under control.

      Judi

      Hi All:

      I have been pondering deeply and the following came to mind:

      1. Pure non-dual functioning: there is a functioning, such as rocks,
      non-sentient material, living things that might not have the capacity
      to self-reflect, babies, that is non-dual in its functioning or
      existence. Any labels regarding what this might be don't apply, but
      it is in some sense, what is manifest, and is what is happening "all
      around us".

      2. Mixed awareness and functioning: Because humans and perhaps
      others have consciousness, duality arises, due to the way our minds
      work. We become aware at some point after birth and because we have
      no other way to relate to things, we start to store information in our
      brains, and create the seeds for duality: what is, and what we think
      it is. Gradually, the world of duality almost totally replaces
      non-dual functioning. We "think" this is an improvement, because we
      think it would be a backward step to not be able to think.

      3. Spiritual practice: Here, we begin to see that this mixed
      awareness and functioning, the duality created might not be so great.
      At first, it can't go very far, because everything that we do to see
      this is in some sense created in the same way, in our minds, and as a
      projection with the same tools as always. But somehow, things are
      churning up, and awareness expands, and how the duality got built up
      is exposed.

      4. Awareness of awareness: Suddenly, awareness of awareness, the
      pure clarity of it, comes up. This is non-dual awareness. You might
      say, how come there is non-dual functioning and non-dual awareness,
      haven't you got two things? Well, the non-dual awareness doesn't
      build anything up, nor does the functioning, and so they are kind of
      the same thing. The odd man out is the mixed up awareness/functioning
      which creates two things out of one. But we are stuck with awareness,
      and so must ease our way out of the mixture.

      Does this make sense? Bye for now. Terry

      Jerry:

      Carlos Lopez is/was a teacher in the lineage of Ramana - Papaji - Gangaji.
      He was simply known as Carlos. Someone close to him wrote

      When he went to Arunachala this winter, Ramana dissolved
      everything. He only wants to be silent and still now. I hope he will
      someday return to teaching.

      Carlos writes on his website:
      A message from Carlos:

      Jai Ramana ArunachalaSiva!..the SatGuru has devoured it all.

      It is with immense gratitude and in deeper service to the Master
      that the form that appeared as satsang with carlos, now comes to
      an end. This true love is ever expanding. It has all been, as it
      always is: only Ramana's silence the truest brightest light,
      words or no words, same. Bhagavan invites to inquire with
      devotion: Who am I ?.. Be Still, as you are, that is all

      One Self

      <http://www.riverganga.org/carlsched.html>

      God created this breathtaking Universe.
      It is both a scientific miracle and a magnificent artwork.
      He then created beings who could appreciate his artwork.

      Non dualists instead want to stare at the canvas!
      We say that this elaborate beauty is a creation of our puny minds?
      I suspect we are all escapees from the P ward!

      I for one am heading towards the great barrier reef
      You guys keep your heads buried in the sand.
      Let me look at the beauty of God
      You go stare at the nothingness.
      Make sure the psychiatrist police don't catch you doing that!

      Love makes the heart laugh and dance.
      I wish you Love.
      CyberDervish