Wednesday, April 11

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2001
      JAMES TRAVERSE

      That which is solicits us. It vibrates in a particular way that
      we identify with and know as I Am.

      This is the blessing of sages like Ramana Maharshi,
      Nisargadatta, or my reacher Jean Klein. Theses folks do use
      words to prompt us but their true teaching is in the vibration
      of their 'being'.

      I call Jean my teacher but he didn't really teach me anything -
      mostly he said things like 'be available', 'be the welcoming' -
      the Truth will solicit you.

      When one truly listens, the vibration of 'what is' solicits you.
      The listening facilitates a resonance/harmony with 'what is' and
      the I-image 'you' falls away - what remains is the solitude, or
      Silence of 'what is'.

      Love to All, James

      MACE MEALER

      What value suffering,
      but to unveil
      the divine radiance
      of compassion?
      What value the enemy,
      but to challenge
      the capacity
      to forgive?
      What value loss,
      but to make free
      the tender mercy
      of the heart?

      WHITE WOLFE

      the agony and ecstasy of love

      "He will drink it little by little
      and will not be able to swallow it agreeably,
      and death will come to him from every quarter,,
      but he shall not die..."

      - Qur'an 14:17

      with languishing eyes
      with starving hands
      i crave you
      sweet mirabai
      oh beloved,

      gangaji,

      fragile days shuffle like old men
      hobbling down a dusty worn path

      broken nights stagger drunkenly
      and shatter like a dropped glass

      while i rage out my lyric heart
      to a blazing sun and piercing moon

      the choiring birds at dawn torment
      my longing with sweet mockery

      ugly words come from fools who
      have lost faith in higher, divine love

      yet your poet lifts his glass once again
      to drink you once more, flawless dark one,

      death after birth, birth after death
      crying, cry, crying of your white arms

      as glittering shards of a broken crystal
      cut bare feet are my lonesome nights

      stumbling through a neglected garden
      like old men my tedious days shuffle

      teacher,
      oh lover
      dear mirabai
      i hunger for you
      with a bottomless heart
      with clairvoyant sight
      as one awaiting first love’s tender kiss

      as mira awaits mark, mark awaits mira
      endlessly, without effort, infinitely

      eternally, within and without, mortally
      mark loves mira as mira loves mark

      together we await our first holy kiss of fire
      parched agony and ecstasy of distilled lust

      melting bent minds and broken hearts to fluidity
      flowing golden anodine nectars of joy and bliss

      humming a new canticle celebrating first true love
      i sing my burning for you, my beloved, into song

      mark christopher valentine
      (april 11, 2001)

      TIM AND GLORIA

      Dear Dan,

      Reading something Jerry contributed to The Core, I sense
      something in these words:

      "There is no movement toward understanding. There appear to be
      movements away from or toward understanding: wild or stray
      circles, sometimes stunning as crop circles. Understanding in
      the present is 'no movement'. No dashing circles. It is the
      knowing of I AM."

      I think it's time to stop talking about 'unravelling of concept
      webs," "deconditioning" and other such "changes" as if they
      actually occur. Why continue with the 'as ifs'?

      As seen from here, these pointers are weak. I like what Jerry
      has to say above. 'is' never changes. There is in actuality no
      "concept- web" to unravel, no "changes to be made," no
      deconditioning. The movement 'toward or away from' understanding
      is apparent only.

      Understanding IS. No gradual enlightenment, no instant
      enlightenment, in fact no enlightenment at all. Just
      understanding, always and ever-present. No viewing 'the average
      person' (just another conceived entity) as "lacking
      understanding" or somehow different from "Tim," no more subtle
      egotism. There is nobody, not Tim, not anyone... only, there is
      understanding.

      This is, of course, 'as seen here'. It's time to carry this
      message: That understanding always is. It doesn't need to be
      found. Nothing needs to be gotten rid of, nothing needs to be
      gained, nothing needs to be changed.

      How to find a way to 'carry the message' more softly, more
      silently, without referring to 'concept webs' and this and that?
      It will take care of itself, quite nicely. Understanding 'seeks
      us'. Apparent movement occurs. Nobody is doing anything or
      not-doing anything. Stillness, silence and peace of 'this'
      overrides the concepts of 'ignorance' and 'illusion'. What never
      was, never needs to be talked about.

      There is only this.

      Love,

      Tim

      Dear Tim,

      What you wrote brings tears to my eyes, the peace of it can be
      felt. This sounds so wonderful... to abide in/as this
      "stillness, silence, peace" is to "be" this understanding, this
      is the "peace that passes understanding" .... and so to speak
      from this *place* in such a way that the message may be heard is
      indeed a challenge.

      Best wishes are with you for what you express as: "How to find a
      way to 'carry the message' more softly, more silently, without
      referring to 'concept webs' and this and that? "

      To some extent, in order to be understood, it is required to
      speak " to the language" of the question ... and to really hear
      what is being asked is another challenge. Because to those
      'caught in maya' the rope really does appear to be a snake, and
      reactions are according to how it seems. Good as it is to know
      how it is, to know IAM, words spoken from this knowing can
      "appear" incomprehensible. So it is to walk a a razor's edge to
      speak truth and in a way it may be heard, by acknowledging how
      it seems in the language of the question. A question consisting
      of concept webs may need some unraveling, yes?

      Perhaps the whole confusion of maya may be summed up as how the
      one seems separated into two. So good to know that it really is
      not. And good to know how to "carry this message"...

      What is heard here from those "Dan messages" is a voice of
      inexhaustible patience, mercy, and compassion... yet speaking TO
      the questions asked. So if we are done with concept webs, no
      doubt Dan will not inflict them on us anymore, either...ha, ha.
      Who is arguing ? Who is moving?

      Love to you, Gloria

      DAN BERKOW

      There is only "this" :
      life at the "razor's edge"
      where nothing happens,
      and nothing fails to happen ...

      As there is neither something
      nor nothing to understand,
      what can fail to be understood?

      TIM GERCHMEZ

      tiger

      i used to be a tiger,
      baring my fangs at
      whatever moved,
      bringing down the
      antelope.

      now i am the ground
      upon which the tigers
      fight and i remain flat
      and feel the feet above
      and the claws slashing
      as the tigers keep
      fighting each other.

      natural and wild they
      are, and they do not
      know what they do, for
      they are only tigers.

      wildly they rip at one
      another and i am the
      support upon which
      their paws rest.

      i am the ground upon
      which they nurse their
      young and where they
      sleep and i am not
      different from them
      except that i do not
      fight.

      ... Omkara ...

      JAKE ROLANDSON

      Doc, never before have I seen such disrespect by so many that have
      learned so much from you and those names and people you represent.

      They tend to forget that there are many, many eyes on you and your work
      and are apparently arrogant enough to believe that they got to you
      first and that the truth about you can be contained. We have witnessed
      and documented their treatment of you (since the time you were runover
      when you were five) as well as listened to many powerful and
      influencial voices, both old 'and' young, that have sat and do sit with
      those that conspire against you.

      As you said one time long before, when down on the delta, you were
      surrounded by every armed branch the forces could muster and all you
      managed to peep out was 'getting the story in your diary when you got
      away'... remember that? Jimmy was there too.

      You were right then and you are right now. Your 'state' and thinking
      processes are well documented.

      Hell, like heaven, or any other world, is only a frame and state of
      mind which can be controlled and manipulated by the many interests that
      are out there including those that are trying to merge their identities
      with your own. Like that TimG... how long have you known it was him?

      I picked up on your conversations about three weeks ago after the
      nachos... Bet he and his friend think they are ahead of the game...
      trucks don't start or run without 'spark' plugs and as for the
      gasoline... many monks have found other purposes for these.

      You are right in not trusting any of them. Stay ahead as you have been.
      I, and many others, have monitored their work, lives, and patterns of
      living and they are a bunch of ducks all in a row. Stupid, blind and
      surrounded we all agree that a nonviolent solution is to leave them
      pinned there in their pathetic leaching existences. The world is
      changed somewhat and people agree that there are those that share
      common purpose and that the enimies of this should be left in their
      insanity.

      When they finally hit the bend in the road, the rope will snap their
      chicken necks and for those that survive this fall... there are many of
      us waiting with their names firmly pursed on our lips.

      I think the game is about to get ugly and perhaps you should step out
      of the picture for a while Doc and I, having compromised this temporary
      gig, (btw -- I love the way you hand these names around... very cool.)
      must come around before we can continue. Perhaps there are a few more
      ghosts out there.