Monday, April 9

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2001
      MACE MEALER

      What song, is bereft of notes?
      What harmony, left undivided by silence?
      What many, that is not One?
      What One, that is not many?
      What known, that is apart from unknown?
      What communication complete,
      abiding therein no luster of confusion?

      Mace

      WHITE WOLF

      "Looking for God is like seeking a path in a field of snow; if
      there is no path and you are looking for one, walk across it and
      there is your path." --Thomas Merton

      i awake from sweet dreaming as i do, you do, we all do all ways
      and in so doing do and do not so doing nothing say something
      that is but a sweet nothing

      from a dream within a dream to begin dreaming once again as i am
      trying to say, i awake

      i step through the dreaming door into the dusty world sparkling
      onto a midnight carpet of spring snow. you, my beloved dark one,
      as you do, are sailing way far above me your ivory chariot
      darting amidst scattering silver clouds as a dragon, here and
      there, ever deeper within, and then, one star crackles the
      darkness with the voice of your sweet laughter then another, and
      another join you until the midnight is an ode to bliss and joy
      an empty but solid, sound but silent, dance of immortal voices
      laughing and so i say to no one, is it to me or you, because
      only sweet nothing is listening what a perfect darkness this is
      and is not a dream that is the beloved's dream

      i am awakening what i am trying to write is to begin dreaming
      once again from a dream within a dream

      that is but sweet nothing merely do something of nothing in so
      doing not do what is not done as we all do in all ways as you
      do, i do from sweet dreaming

      we awake to falter across a midnight carpet a trackless spring
      of too solid fluidity crackling with diamonds under our dead
      feet into the pale arms of the dark one herself into the
      discovery that we make without effort that we are loved with an
      infinite love we, each one, are lovers in love with the beloved
      because this simplicity makes itself apparent

      our one, true, faithful beloved is in love with us

      oh, mirabai, my once and future goddess, always one i journey
      into your dear darkness and so return to innocence.

      white wolfe (april 9, 2001)

      ANDREW MACNAB

      Now I understand, you are seeing thought as rising from and
      falling back into an ocean of potential thought. I thought when
      you wrote of thought's circularity, you were thinking of the
      circularity of thinking about thought. A funny thing happened to
      me, this is in no way verifiable, or nondually correct, so don't
      bother picking apart the way I express this; one day I was
      quietly watching the emergence of thought and followed thought
      back to that ocean of potential, it was a feeling of flying
      along, following a scent. I dwelt in that ocean for a momentary
      eon, it was warm and sweet, then began the wonder 'what lies at
      the bottom of this' so down I sank and at the very bottom was a
      hole, a sucking vortex and through it I shot and in the shooting
      through I was torn apart and that's as far as it goes. The point
      being that it is possible experientially to sink beneath the
      origin of thought, but at that point experience is no more. Take
      the above as fantastical nonsense if you like, I can't defend
      it.

      There is no way of validating or invalidating what is
      experienced. You and me and everything else are only ever 'this'
      and thought and all related experiential reality is ephemeral as
      are you and me. So let's take this blessed seemingness and love
      it and let it be good.

      NONDUALITY/CONSCIOUSNESS COURSE FOR BEGINNERS

      http://www.themestream.com/gspd_browse/browse/view_by_tag.gsp?auth_id%c2%862858

      JOHN METZGER

      http://rinkworks.com/dialect/dialectp.cgi?dialect=redneck&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww3.ns.sympatico.ca%2Fumbada%2F

      Jerry, not to leave out all of us hillbillies here in Kentucky,
      I've translated the NDS website into redneck-ese with the help
      of the Dialectizer. Just trying to do my part for the
      nondual-activism cause...though I know some will be disappointed
      in the lack of a section on 'Nondualism and Snake-Handling'.
      John

      http://rinkworks.com/dialect/

      DAN BERKOW

      That words arise
      from/as/of no-thingness (God),
      as do experiences,
      beings, universe,
      is apperceived, not
      heard about and emulated.

      Each moment is unique,
      is the same, is all moments,
      isn't happening.

      Pointers are pointerless.
      The content of a pointer
      isn't.
      So what it points to is
      right here, now,
      not something to
      get to once the content
      is decoded, analyzed,
      and applied.

      Yes - it's not a certain way
      of seeing.
      It's "prior to" any certain
      way of seeing being
      formed.
      "Prior to" in quotes,
      because ideas about
      before and after
      are "a certain way of
      seeing".

      Nothing to point to.
      Just "this" which celebrates
      itself exactly by being
      "just this way" ...

      MELODY

      "To be in integrity is to be 'loose and natural', unencumbered by
      ethics, custom, and convention. Which doesn't mean to ignore
      them."

      In the context of Tilopa's Song of Mahamudra,
      that's exactly what it means!

      The Song ends with:

      "From the Self-mind all things emerge,
      the mind by virtues and by vices is not stained."

      Free of distinctions between good and bad,
      'prohibited' and 'allowed', acceptable and non;
      actions arise naturally, effortlessly.

      Any similarity of action to that of a custom,
      commandment or convention would be
      purely coincidental.

      "To be really "loose and natural" is to be able to partake in
      customs, convention and ethics of society with no resistance to
      them."

      It may. Or it may not.
      The key is that actions arise spontaneously, naturally,
      intuitively, and not thru (unconscious) habit, or from
      deliberation.

      Consider the actions of a "loose and natural" guy named Jesus
      who walked into a temple and began tossing tables around,
      upsetting the 'custom' of selling goods in temple.... who began
      breaking the laws of Sabbath by picking heads of grain in the
      fields, and by healing the sick on what was considered by Jewish
      law to be the 'wrong' day. It is unlikely he turned those tables
      over out of habit. It is unlikely he 'considered all his
      options' when he began healing that sick man on the
      Sabbath....even as he was surrounded by Pharisees - just looking
      for an excuse to arrest him.

      What seems most likely is he did what came naturally for him to
      do, without consideration or 'respect' for custom or law;
      without considering the 'consequences of his actions'.

      This, to me, epitimizes the essense of what is indicated by what
      you quote below, and by Tilopa in his encouraging Naropa to be
      "loose and natural".

      As somebody said somewhere "to be in the world but not of the
      world".