Wednesday, April 4

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2001
      TIM GERCHMEZ

      The Born-Agains apparently are looking out for us... LOL...
      Jerry, your site is referenced numerous times!:

      http://www.watchman.org/na/repacknewage.htm

      Pity us poor fools! well, the born-agains are praying for us,
      cuz Satan has apparently got all of us, and our souls are
      already feeling the flames...

      If it's so, why am I laughing so hard? :-)

      Oh, and those poor, loopy Christian Mystics... they're the worst
      of all... ROTFL!!!

      Well, it's nice to know someone is praying for 'my soul' ;-). If
      there were such a thing, I might even thank them!

      The exquisite irony... the fact that there are so many sects of
      Christianity, none of which agree with one another... not to
      mention Protestantism vs. Catholicism (oh, the Catholics must be
      the bad guys too)... and the fact that the Bible has been
      rewritten so many times, very arbitrarily stopping at "The King
      James Version" for the Southern Baptists...

      It's the shootout at the O.K. corral.... the 'nondualists' vs.
      the born again xtians! Who will win? Film at 11...

      One "Taste" .. beyond all the bullshit philosophy ... is enough
      to erase all scriptures, bibles, saints, angels, devils, gods,
      gitas, gurus and sages in the blink of an instant... as well as
      duality, nonduality, even emptiness and fullness... one Taste.

      I never thought I would actually be using anything Ken Wilbur
      said.. LOL... just one Taste, though... of the unspeakable, the
      glorious.

      DAN BERKOW

      The age-old battle between order
      and chaos, right view and wrong
      view continues to be waged!

      The author has a point - if a belief
      system is proposed, it can only
      involve a struggle with competing
      belief systems. Even the belief
      that belief is not to be depended
      upon becomes part of the melee.

      Which is the devil's deception:
      that the struggle
      between good and evil can be
      transcended -- or
      that they can't be transcended
      and need an external mediator?
      Or that there is an autonomous
      devil trying to deceive?

      Who to believe?

      Is belief to be transcended?
      I don't know whether to believe that
      or not!

      Quite confusing.

      Where to find order in the midst
      of confusing chaos - from inside
      or outside, from free will
      or denial of any 'doer' ?

      Transcendence certainly doesn't
      seem like a piece of cake anymore,
      although all the "nondualists" make
      it sound easy, simple, just a matter
      of learning the talk to talk and
      leaving your mind behind!

      Nope -- that's not it at all.

      Transcendence,
      one taste, isn't about learning to
      talk the talk at all...

      THE MOST NONDUAL SONG EVER PERFORMED
      contibuted by Tim Gerchmez

      It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

      By R.E.M.

      That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an
      aeroplane
      and Lenny Bruce is not afraid. Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself
      churn
      - world serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs. Feed it off an

      aux speak, grunt, no, strength. Ladder start to clatter with fear fight
      down height. Wire in a fire, represent the seven games a government for
      hire and a combat site. Left of west and coming in a hurry with the
      furies
      breathing down your neck. Team by team reporters baffled, trumped,
      tethered
      cropped. Look at that low playing! Fine, then. Uh oh, overflow,
      population,
      common food, but it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves
      its
      own needs, listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and the
      revered in the right - right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight,
      bright
      light, feeling pretty psyched.

      It's the end of the world as we know it.
      It's the end of the world as we know it.
      It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

      Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign towers. Slash and
      burn,
      return, listen to yourself churn. Locking in, uniforming, book burning,
      blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a
      candle, light a votive. Step down, step down. Watch your heel crush,
      crushed. Uh oh, this means no fear cavalier. Renegade steer clear! A
      tournament, tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer
      me
      alternatives and I decline.

      It's the end of the world as we know it.
      It's the end of the world as we know it.
      It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

      The other night I dreamt ot knives, continental drift divide. Mountains
      sit
      in a line, Leonard Bernstein, Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester
      Bangs. Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You symbiotic,
      patriotic, slam book neck, right? Right.

      It's the end of the world as we know it.
      It's the end of the world as we know it.
      It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

      (It's time I had some time alone)

      JB789

      Hi Well, perhaps one's experience of a teacher is dependant on
      oneself..it varies. I've heard A.Cohen a couple of times. When i
      questioned some things he was saying, half of the hall started
      to be protective of him, and started to boo at me. One disciple
      sitting behind me, kept whispering to me , while i was talking
      with AC, 'you are sooo stupid,.. stupid , stupid ! AC seemed to
      use that opportuniy to drop me and pass the mic to another. AC
      was also interested in J. Krishnamurti. He mentions him at many
      of his talks. He has broken up with his Papaji lineage. Anyways,
      it is said that Papaji never declared anyone as a
      representative. AC terrorized his mother, who was his disciple
      for a while. His mother has written a book about that. In spite
      of AC's non-dogmatic facade, when you get closer you find out,
      it is not so. He has a strucure of 'senior-students' (the inner
      circle) and the lower ones. He ordered some students to shave
      their heads and others to stop having sex... etc. etc.
      Authoritarian Power alive and well ... I know of many who do Not
      feel any 'Buzz' in his presence.. he is a talker, using a great
      deal of J. Krishnamurti's modes of expression, and looks
      attractive to the now-generation. Also he tries to
      Systematically structure a path to truth.. and so keep the
      disciples, busy.

      Have seen John d. R. also. At every talk, some women were
      screaming away... possibly inspired by one of John's 'mantras' :
      'the heart has to be Pierced'.. or possibly, mere neurosis
      disguised as divine copulation.. When cheating on his wife (with
      2 twins).. and lied to begin with about it, his wife challenged
      him at one satsang session telling him he is not god, but just a
      man who got carried away with sexual attraction.. Well John said
      that he still loves his wife and that the sex with the twins,
      was something 'happening on _another plane..'. Cute, ain't it ?

      You might feel I am disturbing the pink spiritual ambience
      around spiritual leaders/gurus.. sorry then, but for god's sake,
      when are we gonna stop feeding on the Experts' Buzzzzeessss..
      and paint the crutch in Pink giving an extra layer of paint and
      romance, on certain not so nice, spots ?!..........

      ABOUT THE WORLD OF OPPOSITES
      by Melody

      Lao Tzu:

      "When everyone recognizes beauty as beautiful
      there is already ugliness;

      When everyone recognizes goodness as good,
      there is already evil.

      "To be" and "not to be" arise mutually;
      Difficult and easy are mutually realized;
      Long and short are mutually contrasted;
      High and long are mutually posited;
      Before and after are in mutual sequence."

      Gospel of Thomas:

      They said to Him:
      Shall we then, being children, enter the Kingdom?

      Jesus said:
      When you make the two one, and
      when you make the inner as the outer
      and the outer as the inner
      and the above as the below,
      and when you make the male ad the female
      into a single one
      then you shall enter the Kingdom."

      Lankavatara Sutra:

      "False imagination teaches that such things
      as light and shade, long and short, black
      and white, are different and are to be discriminated;
      but they are not independent of each other; they
      are only different aspects of the same thing; they
      are terms of relation, not of reality.

      Conditions of existence are not of a mutually exclusive
      character; in essence things are not two but one."

      Chuang Tzu:

      "Thus, those who say that they would have right
      without its correlate, wrong;

      good government without its correlate, misrule;

      do not apprehend the great principles of the
      universe, nor the nature of all creation.

      One might as well talk of the existence of
      Heaven without that of the Earth, or of the
      negative principle without the positive - which
      is clearly impossible.

      Yet people keep on discussing it without stop;
      such people must be either fools or knaves."

      Osho:

      "Distinctions are there because of your trained eyes.

      Distinction is a learned thing.

      Distinction is not there in existence.

      Distinction is projected by you.

      Distinction is given by you to the world -
      it is not there.

      It is your eyes' trick, your eyes playing
      a trick on you.

      ........Once the Self-mind is seen,
      discrimination stops."

      Ramesh Balsekar:

      "Nature itself does not seem to know - or care -
      about the man-made opposites or about this world
      of opposites. Nature seems perfectly satisfied and
      happy to produce a world of infinite, rapturous variety

      that knows nothing about anything pretty or ugly,
      ethical or unethical. As Thoreau has said, nature
      never apologizes, never sees the need of it..."

      TERRY NABATA

      "Interesting how Arunachala is the only mountain (I know of) that
      has become an object of devotion (I assume mostly because Ramana
      saw it as an object of devotion)." --Tim

      Dear Tim: There are many sacred mountains, which might be
      considered to objects of devotion. Mt. Kailash in the Himalayas
      comes to mind. I believe it is considered to be a means to
      liberation to walk around this mountain. There are sacred
      mountains in Japan, Mt. Hiei and Mt Koya, upon which many
      monasteries have been erected, and people worship there, and
      which could be objects of devotion, as they are considered to be
      holy and places of power. (the honorific sound, "san" is added
      to the name of these mountains, ie. "Koya-san", just like
      Tim-san.) There are numerous sacred mountains in China, for
      Toaists and Buddhists, and for Taoists, residing on those
      mountains is considered to be a practice in itself, and as such
      they are objects of devotion. Many schools of martial arts are
      named after mountains, for example E-mei. I also believe that
      Arunachala was a sacred place before Ramana went there, and that
      is one reason he ended up there. Bye for now. Terry N.