Wednesday March 7, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2001
      FLOW

      jade chopsticks
      stir rainbow pearls
      ruby bowl dropped upon diamond
      shattered jewels
      laughter

      All is flowing and moving as it should.
      Understanding the stillness of this flow
      Being as being - the witness state
      Opening to relative movement
      Mountains of fear are crumbled to the dust of love

                       ~Michael Read

      For a moment lay your cheek on the cheek
      of this drunkard, for a moment put behind your
      war and cruelty.
      If it be hard, I bring out silver in my hand; put
      in this hand wine like gold.
      You who have opened the doors of the seven
      heavens, lay the hand of generosity on my fettered
      heart.
      All I have to offer is not-being; give the nickname of being to my
      not-being.
      You are both breaker and binder of the broken;
      lay the balm of the soul on my broken head.
      Do not put a seal on that sugar and pistachio nut;
      lay everlasting love upon this servant.
      I have told you fifty times, O heart:
      do not hunt, put your foot in this net.

      - Rumi

      Translation by A. J. Arberry
      "Mystical Poems of Rumi 2"
      The University of Chicago Press, 1991
         (sent in by Hur)

      Re: the world is purely an illusion

      Dear Cyber Dervish...Selam,

      Please allow me how the notion of "illusion" arises in the mind
      from "my" experience.

      Pure awareness happens.  No thing happens.  No me is present.  The me
      arises in consciousness.  A reflection of the sober spirit remains.
      The me is in awe and becomes drunk with the memory of the
      experience.  For a brief moment, the me knows that it's all an
      illusion.  The me walks around convinced that it's moving in a
      fictional world.  Call it grace or a neurological disorder.
       The me soon owns the reflection of pure awareness and calls it "my"
      experience.  Then the insanity of non-dual knowledge makes sense to
      the me even though the me's experience is not gained by knowledge.

      Hur

      RE: The Maze

      Hello Mary,
              Thanks for the parable.
              I find that the most 'a maze zing' thing about life is that it
      is the way it is.

          Blessings,
          James

      --

      James Traverse - Being Yoga
      http://www.yogadoesyou.com

      Hello James and Mary,

      As the Mays and Decembers pass year in and year out, it IS.  Just like that.

      Love,

      --Greg

      Please see image at website or open attachment to this message.
      (If anyone understands why I cannot get this image to copy, please write me. )

      Image
      3 eyed Shakti Cat

      Second attachment is also an image, which somehow does not even show up in the NDS archives as it was pictured in the email received. These attempts to include images in highlights are experimental. If you have preferences for either not receiving or only getting the reference to archives as an option, please send a brief email to me.