Highlights for Saturday 02/24/01 (part 2)

  • Beth352006@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2001
      Sorry. I am going to have to start attaching.

      Can you guess who said this?

      Tim:

      Can you guess who gave the following (excerpt from) a speech below?  I'll
      wait for a few guesses, then I'll reveal who the speaker is.  Email me if
      you're really curious (coresite@...).

      Hint - it wasn't Gandhi.

      I'm willing to bet someone will get it, or get close at least... :-)

      --------

      (...)

      A worn-out and obsolete world order will not be capable of saving humanity
      and creating the natural conditions indispensable for a dignified and decent
      life on the planet. Real equality of opportunity and genuine justice for all
      human beings of every nation, ethnic group, culture and religion cannot
      continue to be put off in any corner of the world. This is not an ideological
      matter; it has become a matter of life and death for the human species.

      (...) The first symptoms of crisis are already visible, and that crisis
      will be even more profound to the extent that the real economy is
      transformed into a speculative economy, encompassing most of the financial
      operations taking place in the world every day.

      The conflicts between centers of economic power will increase, and the fight
      for markets will be fiercer. The usual objectives of any system of production
      have been turned upside down: the economy does not function and grow to
      create goods and services; goods and services are consumed to make the
      economy function and grow.

      Nevertheless, there is not the slightest indication that those who control
      the bulk of the world’s power and resources are capable of understanding this
      reality, and even if they did understand it, they have neither the will nor
      the real power to change it. (...)

      ---------
      Andrew:

      unibomber?

      Tim:
      Nope... but you're on the right track that it isn't someone generally
      accepted as 'progressive' by those in most countries... :-)

      The Play:

      Tim/Harsha:

      Dear Harsha,
      (snipped)
      After all, this (list) is nothing but an endless play of concepts.
      If anyone wants to propose differently, I'd like to hear it.

      What is available from "others" is available "here."  And "others"
      cannot be taught, but only offered the 'permission' to learn for/from
      themselves.

      What the *$#^&$# am I doing here?

      Love, Omkara
      _________________________________
      Well, I am here to enjoy the likes of Sri's Dan, David, Gloria, Greg, Jerry,
      James, Judi, Susan, Andrew, Jan, White Wolfe, Michael, Mark, Bruce, Gene, and
      so many...and you Tim along with so many others.....

      Oh and of course, I am here to be kept abreast of Sarloji's guru rating
      service!

      Frankly Tim, I am here for the great and wonderfully wholesome entertainment
      and fellowship. Thanks to all.

      If there is a God we must see him:

      Seeker:

      "If there is a God we must see Him,
      if there is a soul we must perceive it;
      otherwise it is better not to believe."
      —Swami Vivekananda

      If your heart is not laughing
      you are not on the right track.

      White Wolfe:
      ...the faces and names of the Godhead are multitidinous...he is singing to
      you in birdsong...she is daucning in your heart right now....my daughter
      reminded me of this recently....thank you for the lovely quote...it
      complements the poem me thinks....^^~~~~

      further up and further in,,

      If your heart is not laughing
      you are not on the right track...EXACTLY!

      Patterns:

      Sarlo/Tim/Sarlo:

      > > Even when someone's chosen path is on the face of it idiotic, Greg
      > > consistently demonstrates his faith in the wisdom of All-That-
      > > Exists by supporting those upon whom he bestows his benediction to
      > > Carry On,

      > This is something I usually miss, the 'consistent' behaviors of
      > others.  Generally approaching every message like it was the first
      > I've ever read by them.  I don't know why.

      Well, there's certainly something to be said for that. Do i know you? Still
      there is also something to be said for the opposite, ie noticing
      consistencies, or patterns. If nothing else it can be a training for
      noticing patterns in ourselves. Does require a memory though, then we get
      into all kinds of tricky stuff like getting stuck in the past...

      Sri Nisargadatta's smoking

      Seeker:
      If Sri Nisargadatta was so advanced how come he still had the need to smoke?
      Isn't habit and need attachment?
      If a 'minor experience' destroyed my most powerful
       desire/passion/pastime/habit. I do not understand how others far advanced
      can still be attached to their habits.

      I do not understand how someone who has seen the 'light' could still be
      interested in candles and match sticks?
      The Difficulty of a Divided Godhead:

      Dan/Doc Hobbes:

      >From: berkrod@...

      > > Learn it now, learn it later, makes no difference.
      > > Skills! What skills do you need to die and transform... none my >
      >child...
      > > none.

      >but there are skills to living.

      Yes. These are the same skills. However, let us not volley this point, the
      experience of 'living' is the experience of 'dying' as well. At each moment
      your body is exploding into millions of atoms and then reforming you. Some
      cells or atoms are lost and new ones found and others still seek replacing.
      What are you attracting, repelling, and seeking... it is, as are we, just
      light 'after all'.

      Consciousness is like anti-matter and matter is form. (Star Trek)... where
      these 'absolute mix' is called reality and it is as scary or peaceful as you
      make it however, be aware, it does not turn on over night nor does it shut
      off over night.

      Patience... the first discipline on the road to all things...

      In other words, if you wish to lead to a more exciting, crazy, lifestyle
      than you are used too, be aware that there 'may' come a point (like in
      realizing that you are a little more grown up than your environment and the
      disconnection and loneliness this brings as a result) where momentum is
      realized and the effects domino out beyond your control.

      The struggle is found while holding on to 'setting' as an 'identity' and not
      a thing subject to change as opposed to you being a subject of time
      observing a setting that does not change but so to is not the same.
      Visa-versa is the transition into the living that is approaching.

      The point of 'no-return' (beyond your control) is a vacuum called momentum or
      warp or worm hole. Past the point where momentum is realized (the point where
      the 'point, body, Christ, Tao, whatever' becomes perpetual and is void of
      your direct intention) what you call living (or dying) is consciousness +
      form + action to initiate intention = direction (path, way, journey,
      whatever) to perpetual momentum.

      It is here where you can STOP for a while and just play out all the 'items'
      that approach you, created by you, for you, from a time before and will lead
      to the time after.

      Like a single rain drop hitting a still pool followed by an onslaught of
      rain.

      Growth, like learning, is achieved by adding and not taking away. Nothing is
      lost or wasted in the growth of a flower all 'parts' are used and no
      'pieces' are left to be used by another.

      The greatest fear (and only fear if you think about it) is the loss of
      'identity' at the moment of release. This is simply not so and has been used
      by fearmongers for generations to create power for their false gods and
      idols. Demons taking your souls and deals with the devil and that kind of
      stuff.

      For others, it is the fear of keeping their identity after release as then,
      as they evaluate and reconcile themselves to a changing point of view, it
      just becomes a matter of time before the process corrects them 'in their
      environment' as consciousness is separate from form.

      In other words, we can only hope that when 'the word' changes it will change
      you with it.

      >I believe these are important.

      Good choice.

      >Get tired of mental kung fu.

      Tired of fighting too. The kingdom, the body of Christ, the population, Tao,
      Jesus, and a cat. I wonder if the cats would be so quick to love a monk...
      they are just cunning scavengers you know.

      >I like camping. I've heard the
      >population really thins out over
      >15k feet. It's a place to go if
      >you don't need much.

      As long as 'not needing much' includes a warm sleeping bag as the
      temperature really 'thins out' before night fall.

      >now? later?
      >I'm waiting on someone
      >and in no hurry.

      Thus, the conflict. For whom do they wait? Not being in a hurry is likened
      unto accepting any karma created during the 'hiding and seeking game'.

      Thus, the one for whom you wait is changing as are you. Is this to be a
      change together or a change apart? Each choice leads too and away until it
      is made... then there is only too and away is a leverage point not a
      reference point.

      >I walk that direction
      >slow,
      >careful,
      >steps

      Slow careful steps are for those that are learning to walk. Without
      direction these are not steps.... and look more like stamping your feet
      trying to stay warm.

      When I am settled, I will teach. Until then, I am trying to find something
      to teach.

      --
      Shaking off the snow
      a bear and two opened eyes

      White Wolfe:

      To My Child
      "Unless you become as one of these,
      you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven."
          -Jesus of Nazareth

      My heart will kindle your heart,
      My child sang it to me today,
      My heart will kindle your heart

      There is a kingdom far, far away,
      Hidden in the mists of space and time
      In a place that has become a dream
      Within a dream that cannot be forgotten
      A place that some have called Engelond
      Other's Camelot, other's still Middle Earth

      Will my heart kindle your heart,
      I ask myself the question today,
      Will your heart kindle my heart?

      For it is a place that cannot be found
      For it is neither in the East nor West
      Nor is it to found by traveling into
      The icy mirrors of the frozen north
      Nor the tropical gardens of the
      Ever exotic and always fragrant south

      Your heart my heart will kindle?
      My Elisa sang to me today?
      My heart your heart will kindle?

      For it a place that remains hidden within
      Within He whose name can be spoken only
      By She who looks upon His Bright Aspect
      For it is they who are the two that are one,
      Who are the known and the unkownable.
      Who are both the Seer and that which is Seen.

      My heart your heart will kindle
      My Dawn sang to me today
      Your heart my heart will kindle?

      It was and will be there, for there it is, that
      He dreams, who was once called Merlin,
      Whose name is I am not, Called to She who
      Resides in the Mists on the Isle of Avalon
      To send forth into the darkness a Son
      A Son of Man who was, is and always will be
      Conceived as He who is the Child, the first born,
      The original progeny of The Immaculate Heart,
      To show us who came first and follow after the Way,
      (As he has told us, I am the Way that returns
      To He who is your only true Father),
      Through the Secret Forest of Burning Desire,
      We must chase him as he who is already there,
      His servant, who has been and is called Pellinore
      Whose name is also I am not, is still hunting
      For that which he has lost, a White Hart,
      From there, back across the Enchaunted River
      Refusing to stop to drink from its waters and doing so
      Pass over the intoxicating passions of suffering
      Just as he whose name is also I am not has done,
      Who for many ages has been called Galahad,
      And so from there back to the Seashore
      If we follow the Son of Man this far, called by some
      King Arthur, yet another whose name is I am not,
      He will lead us, if we are faithless to the world,
      And so being faithless, faithful to the Name of this Child,
      Whose name is I am, for he it is who is in us and we in him,
      A name that he reveals in silence as The Sacred Heart
      We, who have until now traveled as a shadow,
      We whose name we know as I am not, there will we,
      We who have now traveled much farther than
      We thought possible, into the stillness, the dream kingdom,
      The Mists of Avalon, the Holy Mists, the Clouds of Unknowing,
      That keep our faces hidden from Yours and Yours from ours
      There He who is Your Child will teach us how to walk
      How to take our first step upon the Sacred Waters.
      How will your Child teach us?  He will cause us to look,
      Look down at our feet and as we do we will sink,
      We will sink into our own shadow, into nothing,
      Our dark reflection into the murky waters of death,
      And so know ourselves as we are, Mordred the Betrayer,
      Still yet another whose name that is also I am not,
      But as we sink, if we look deeply into our dream
      And so looking follow He who returns through dream
      Follow this Child faithfully unto death, our own death
      We will awaken from slumber. Awake, we will See
      See Our Face as if for the first time and will Hear
      Hear all of Our Names that are many and Know
      Know that Our Name that til now has been I am not,
      For we who are not but always have been will speak

      And say, say this, knowing what it means to Confess,

      I am nothing but a sinner, but I Am.  Thou art me and I am Thou.

      Your heart kindles my heart
      My gorgeous daughter I sing to you
      My heart would kindle your heart.

      My heart will kindle your heart
      My daughter sang to me today
      My heart will kindle your heart.

      I am overwhelmed by the love, wisdom of my child.

      My daughter, my princess, my gorgeous one,
      You sang to me today and awoke me from dream.
      You have kindled my ashen heart with your flaming one.

      Hail Most Holy Trinity!
      Blessed be the Holy Names of the Father
      And of the Mother and the Son
      Blessed is He who is the Sacred Heart
      Whose Heart kindles our Hearts
      Your Heart will be my heart, my Chevalier!

      Mark Christopher Valentine