Wednesday, February 14

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2001
      XAN

      HEART MEDITATION

      This meditation is loosely based on an ancient Tibetan practice
      known as Tonglen, and has been used by many generations to
      cultivate bodhichitta, or compassion. Once the steps have been
      practiced it becomes very simple. It can be used as a way to
      open and heal one's own heart, to develop the skill of living
      from the heart rather than from the head, for dissolving the
      feeling of separation and isolation, and for giving
      unconditionally to others, specifically or globally.

      The description here is taken from Relaxing Into Clear Seeing by
      Arjuna Nick Ardagh, a modern teacher of awakening and
      transformation:

      THE MEDITATION

      Step1: Get Comfortable Find a comfortable place to with with
      your back fairly straight and your chest area open. Now close
      your eyes and take a minute or two just to settle and tune in to
      the environment around you.

      Step1: Fan the Flames of the Heart Begin to focus the breath
      into the middle of the chest in the "Heart Center" to the right
      of the physical heart. As you spend a few minutes focusing the
      in-breath in this way and allowing a gentle sigh on the
      out-breath, you will notice the Heart center beginning to
      change... to glow or radiate. You may find it useful to imagine
      that you are fanning the flames of the Heart with the in-breath
      and allowing the warmth of those flames to travel through the
      shoulders and down the arms into the hands and down the chest
      into the belly on the out-breath.

      Step 3: Mount Form on the Breath Once you feel the Heart
      radiating in this way, you can start to imagine the Heart center
      as a window into the emptiness or vastness which is your true
      nature. You might even have the sense of being limitless and
      looking out through this window into the world of name and form.
      Now you can imagine breathing in form through the window of the
      Heart and allowing it to dissolve into formlessness, and then
      breathing formlessness back out through the window of the Heart
      into the world of form.

      Step 4: Mount Thought on the Breath Notice thoughts now as you
      continue to breathe form through the window of the Heart into
      the formlessness and breathe formlessness out through the window
      of the Heart into form. You may also begin to notice the way
      that thoughts arise and fall spontanenously in consciousness.
      Sometimes we suggest seeing them like little children playing,
      sometimes squabbling, sometimes running, sometimes slouching.
      You can begin to use the in-breath as a vehicle to carry thought
      back through the window of the Heart into infinite silence, into
      formlessness.

      Try it now: With the in-breath absorb thought through the window
      of the Heart into the silence that is free of thought; with the
      out-breath allow the same silence to burst forth and permeate
      the field of thought.

      Sometimes people like to visualize this as waves on the shore. A
      wave breaks on the shore and then falls back into the ocean,
      drawing with it whatever is on the beach; then another wave
      breaks and floods the shore again. Continue to absorb thought
      back into silence with the in-breath and allow silence and form-
      lessness to permeate the field of thought with the out-breath.

      The feeling is like a mother standing at the door of the house
      welcoming her children home at the end of the day. With the
      in-breath you open your arms wide, as if to say, "Come home,
      thought. It's okay to come home to that which gave you birth."
      Whether the children have been fighting or playing, lazy or pro-
      ductive, it doesn't matter, for they are all children of
      emptiness. With the in-breath you can bring them home to rest
      and dissolve like so many streams and rivers brought back to the
      ocean from which they originated. You are embracing thought with
      the in- breath, kissing it, hugging it. With the out-breath you
      are allowing vastness, silence and the mystery of formlessness
      to burst forth once again as Lord into the field of thought:
      fresh, original, spontaneous.

      Step 5: Mount Emotions on the Breath. Take all the time you need
      to allow the previous step to become natural, like the waves
      breaking and disappearing on the shore. Now continue in the same
      way with emotions. First notice the way the emotions shift and
      change. Then with the in-breath absorb the emotions back into
      the stillness of love, and with the out-breath allow the
      vastness, the safety, the warmth of the Heart to permeate the
      field in which emotions arise. You may find your own images to
      represent this process.

      Step 6: Mount Physical Sensations on the Breath Now continue in
      the same way with physical sensations. With the in-breath absorb
      all sensation back into the blissfulness of the Heart. With the
      out-breath, allow that same blissfulness to radiate into the
      body.

      You will need to allow yourself plenty of time with each step to
      start to feel this becoming real.

      Step 7: Mount Everything on the Breath Now you can continue to
      absorb with the in-breath, and bless and radiate with the
      out-breath without making any distinction between thought,
      emotion and physical sensation. All form is absorbed and
      dissolved back into formlessness. All vibration is dissolved
      back into stillness. With the out-breath the Heart itself is
      radiating its fullness back into form, permeating form with
      formlessness. You can continue to practice the Heart meditation
      with eyes closed, or you can open your eyes and go about your
      day, continuing this rhythm of absorbing and permeating.

      Always start with yourself. Once you feel it flowing freely with
      yourself, you can extend it.

      ABOUT THE HEART MEDITATION

      This meditation has been the greatest friend to many teachers
      and practitioners in many traditions, not only in Tibetan
      Buddhism. Here, Bhagavan Sri Rajneesh (now known simply as Osho)
      comments on Tonglen in his excellent Book of Wisdom:

      "If you can experience it - this is of tremendous importance -
      then start absorbing it. Don't throw it away. It is such a
      valuable energy; don't throw it away. Absorb it, drink it,
      accept it, welcome it, feel grateful to it. And say to yourself,
      'This time I'm not going to avoid it, this time I'm not going to
      reject it, this time I'm not going to throw it away. This time I
      will drink it and receive it as a guest. This time I will digest
      it.' It may take a few days for your to be able to digest it,
      but the day it happens you have stumbled upon a door which will
      take you really far. A new journey has started in your life, you
      are moving into a new kind of being.....

      "But start with your own self. Make a small experiement with
      your own pains, sufferings and miseries. The moment you accept
      the pain with no reject anywhere, its energy and its quality
      changes. It is no longer pain. And once you have found the key,
      then you can share it with the whole existence. Then you can
      take all the suffering of all the world, or all the worlds.

      "Ride on the incoming breath and your small heart is bigger than
      the whole universe, if you know what miracles it can do. And
      then pour out your blessings. It is the same energy passing
      through your heart that becomes bliss, that becomes blessing.
      Then let blessings go riding on the outgoing breath to all the
      nooks and corners of existence.

      "Atisha (aTibetan teacher of Heart Meditation in the second
      century) says: This is compassion. Compassion is to become a
      transforming force in existence - transforming the ugly into the
      beautiful, kissing the frog and transforming it into a prince,
      transforming darkness into light. To become such a medium of
      transformation is compassion."

      When we teach this Heart meditation in gatherings, there is an
      intensity and wakefulness that fills the air. The beauty of the
      Heart meditation is that it is essentially natural. Rather than
      visualizing anything, we are utilizing the quality that the
      Heart already has, to absorb and accept unconditionally and to
      shine forth and radiate. If you try this on your own for a
      while, you will notice that it becomes second nature. The
      meditation simply brings your attention to what is already so.

      Listen to what ordinary people like you and me have been
      experiencing, after practicing the Heart meditation for the
      first time.

      "I notice that all the colors have become brighter, and there is
      a quality of silence in the air. The silence seems so much more
      real than the words and the movement."

      "Everything feels like it has a sameness to it: the chair and
      the people and the carpet and the sound of the birds outside. As
      I absorb all these things as well as my own reactions to them
      into myself through the Heart, they all become a part of me, and
      with the out-breath they also become infused with me."

      "Feelings of liking and disliking other people become less
      defined here. I have always had subtle likes and dislikes of
      different people. Now everyone seems the same! I don't mean that
      there's no differences, but everyone seems intimate to me in the
      same way."

      "Waves of feeling coming in and going out. It is all me. As I
      absorb myself back home into myself, in the same way I find that
      everything and everyone absorbs back home into myself, and is
      reborn out of myself."

      "There is a peace and vastness deep inside myself. As I rest in
      that, I find that it has the capacity to embrace everything, and
      in that way to change everything completely. There is only love,
      these waves are love, this dissolving is love dissolving into
      itself, this blessing is love bursting out of itself. I find
      that I have been looking for love, but actually I am love
      itself."

      from Relaxing Into Clear Seeing Arjuna Nick Ardagh

      SEEKER

      Oh, Wise ones! Any comments on this article?

      from "What Is Enlightenment" magazine

      Volume 4 , Number 2

      Love is not a Feeling by Barry Long

      I was asked to contribute an article for this magazine. I don’t
      usually mix my teaching with others, but in this case I wanted
      to respond to Andrew Cohen’s personal invitation. Since the
      magazine title asks the question, “What is enlightenment?” I
      will address that. Also, as the last issue was devoted to
      interviews with five distinguished traditionalists, it seemed
      appropriate to write about religious traditions and the
      spiritual life. And as I always put love first, I will write
      first about love. I suppose the most radical part of my teaching
      at present is that love is not a feeling.

      Everybody suffers from love, or the fear of it, or the lack of
      it. Why? Why is love so universally and inevitably
      heartbreaking, whether it be through the end of a love affair,
      the death of a loved one or being locked in with the habitual
      casualness or grim indifference of a partner? The answer is
      because we’ve been taught and conditioned by the world to
      believe that love is a feeling.

      Love is not a feeling; it’s a sensation. Drinking water when
      you’re thirsty is a sensation, not a feeling. Being in nature or
      swimming in the sea is a sensation, not a feeling. Lying down
      when you’re tired is sensational, not a feeling, although you
      may say it feels good. Feeling is an emotional interpretation of
      experience and these sensations don’t need interpretation; they
      are just good or right. Making physical love rightly is a
      sensation, not a feeling. So is the love of God. The same goes
      for joy and beauty; both are sensational.

      But in our ignorance we emotionalize joy, beauty and love. We
      make feelings of them, personal interpretations based on our old
      emotions. We put our personal past on the present with the
      result that joy, beauty and love don’t seem to last. But it’s
      our emotional substitutes that don’t last and we become bored,
      discontented and unhappy again. The sensation or knowledge of
      joy, beauty and love is of course still there, but it’s
      overwhelmed by these coarser feelings.

      Feelings are constantly changing. None is dependable for long.
      You can love someone intensely today, and tomorrow or next month
      not feel a thing. Except perhaps for the feeling of doubt or
      depression that what was so beautiful could change so quickly.

      Feelings, even the best of them, turn to
      negativity—disappointment, anger, discontent, resentment,
      jealousy, guilt, etc. A good feeling starts off being elevating,
      exciting, like taking a drug substance, alcohol or having sex.
      But what goes up must come down and feelings are no exception.
      So in a couple of hours or days the downside starts and you
      perhaps wonder why you feel moody, depressed, suicidal, or just
      plain unhappy. You’re paying the piper for yesterday’s music.
      And between the upside and the downside is the no-man’s and
      no-woman’s land of boredom, indifference, inertia, weariness and
      pointlessness.

      Okay, so you don’t have drugs, alcohol and sex but you love
      someone, as a feeling. Then it won’t be long before you’ll be
      experiencing one or more of the painful feelings I’ve mentioned
      above—and thinking it’s natural! Wait and see. Even in everyday
      living you’re continually interpreting experience via your
      emotions instead of being the experience direct. “This is good,
      that’s bad,” your feelings swing subtly to and fro all day long
      obscuring the reality, the sensational knowledge or gnosis, that
      it’s not bad at all; it’s simply life as it is.

      All feelings are false and deceptive. And in the spiritual
      process the area of any person’s life where they still have
      feelings is where the next stage of their unenlightenment will
      be addressed. So, where I come from, there’s the answer to the
      magazine title, What is Enlightenment? Enlightenment is to be
      emptied (not empty) of feelings and thus at one with the pure
      sensation of divine being. And that pretty well sums up the
      whole spiritual process. But the spiritual process is so little
      understood that people don’t realize their feelings are personal
      and false and have been misleading them all their life. If
      that’s not true, why is humanity still unenlightened and
      basically unhappy after all this time—when enlightenment is the
      completely natural, sensational state of being every moment?

      By disidentifying with your feelings you break your attachment
      to them. When that is done sufficiently you’re back at the
      beginning, in pure sensation or unconditioned knowledge. You’ve
      been beating your head against the wall to get some feelings and
      all you’ve got to do is break the habit and get used to living
      anew without pain and conflict. But that’s a mighty realization,
      and a mighty simple one which few are going to accept—they’ll be
      too busy defending their feelings! So, I guess I’ll still be
      demonstrating this the day I die.

      Incidentally, it seems to me that’s why Andrew Cohen tells his
      students to be fearless and deadly serious. It takes that kind
      of one-pointed commitment to detach from the delusion of
      feelings and finally discover the blessing of the valiant; once
      freed of personal feelings the troublesome mind stops forever.

      Now to traditions. I’m not a traditionalist and I didn’t have an
      Eastern master. My teaching stems from my own gnosis and love
      and shares little common ground in practice with other teachings
      that invariably show an allegiance to Eastern traditions. I
      never deny the enlightenment of another enlightened spiritual
      teacher. Every enlightened teacher is doing his best in this
      matter, in this body of sense. But I am often critical of the
      hype and mystification that is inevitably associated with
      Eastern traditions in minds cultured in the West.

      All spiritual traditions come out of the East. And the
      traditional Eastern way, particularly in the ancient Tibetan
      Buddhist and Indian Brahmic priest-ruled societies, was to seek
      enlightenment and to give the life, and often the lives of the
      children, to that pursuit.

      This—the search for enlightenment—to me, is and was the
      beginning of spiritual ignorance. And it is the traditions and
      traditionalists that today unwittingly perpetuate this
      ignorance.

      I am enlightened. No man is more enlightened than I am, and I am
      no more enlightened than any other enlightened man.
      Enlightenment is enlightenment. And that’s that. It’s an
      unalterable, unwavering state of knowledge and being beyond
      doubt, a completion every moment by grace of the Most High, the
      unspeakable one, God. That’s the ultimate; the absolute being
      beyond any description. But the ultimate, the enlightenment of
      man, must translate into his living life. And to me and my
      teaching that means an enlightened man is liberated from
      unhappiness. Being and living free of unhappiness is the natural
      and simple state of all life on earth—except man. He has been
      misled away from it by spiritual lures and glamor and the result
      is the conflict and pain, the fluctuating unhappiness, of his
      short life.

      Enlightenment can’t be pursued or sought after. Even mentioning
      the word puts people further from the state. It gives the
      impression enlightenment is something to get that they don’t
      have. This creates a multitude of inimical reactions; chasing it
      by following paths and ways; or feelings of discontent,
      self-doubt, frustration and inferiority; or the defensive
      ridicule of this most admirable and completely natural state of
      consciousness.

      Today the carrot of enlightenment through priestly traditions
      continues to promise something to be gained in the future.
      Whether it is the Buddhist nirvana, the Christian heaven, the
      Islamic houri paradise, the Judaic Eden or the Hindu moksha, the
      prize is never now. Paths take time, ways take time, and
      traditions are the very stuff of time. So there’s always the
      talk of time past in the form of Buddha, Jesus, Moses, Mohammed
      or other past masters and what they supposedly said or did.

      Truth is the reverse. Truth is here now; no past, no future.
      People are unenlightened only because they believe in the truth
      of the past and therefore must look to the rewards of the
      future. To be enlightened, to return to the original state of
      life on earth, requires action now in the present with no
      reference to the past. What has to be done is to kill the old
      priest in you, starve out the traditionalist, the follower, the
      believer.

      If you go to think about what you should do next to become more
      enlightened, don’t. The thought is the priest trying to get you
      to think of what some teacher or so-called master said instead
      of being responsible for yourself and the truth now. If you see
      yourself discussing enlightenment, stop; it’s the unenlightened
      priest talking. If you want to run from the present difficult
      situation, don’t; it’s the priest giving you more time to suffer
      again. If you want to wear clothes of another culture midst the
      people of your own culture, don’t; it’s the priest wanting to
      dress up, impress and glamorize himself. If you are moved to
      shave your head for spiritual reasons, don’t; it’s the priest
      getting up to his old tonsorial tricks when your only concern is
      being what you are now.

      In other words, to be enlightened of the acquired burden every
      spiritual belief and notion has to be abandoned, every reference
      to what any spiritual teacher or master has ever said must be
      set aside.

      What does that leave? Your own experience. Not your historical
      or memorable experience, for that’s the problem. Your own
      experience is your self-knowledge of life. Let’s establish once
      and for all what this means now. Forget everything I’ve said in
      this article except this question: Do I want to suffer or not
      suffer NOW? That’s the only truth for you. There’s no tradition,
      no past, no discussion in it. It’s all you need. Keep it with
      you and at the next temptation to suffer it will prevent you
      suffering.

      But only if you’ve learned in your own experience what causes
      you to suffer. If you haven’t learned that, you’re still
      attached to suffering and will unwittingly embrace it. In that
      case you have to read on, take more time and ask yourself more
      questions.

      Have you learned yet that you only suffer when you think about
      events or feel about them, that you don’t suffer from events
      themselves?

      Have you learned yet that every thought about yourself is a
      thought of the past, that worry is thinking and that all
      thinking eventually leads to worry, fear and insecurity? If so,
      each time you go to think, or catch the thinker thinking even
      about “good” things like last night’s movie, don’t; stop. Not
      because Barry Long says so but because you’ve realized the truth
      of thinking in your own experience. It’s what you’ve learned
      from life, not from someone else’s experience. Therefore it is
      the truth for you now and every moment. Otherwise you must go on
      thinking and go on suffering. One day, when you’ve had enough of
      the pain, you’ll come to your senses.

      Have you learned yet that every feeling is a feeling of the past
      and that every “good” feeling soon changes and eventually
      becomes the feeling of doubt, confusion, boredom or sorrow? If
      so, stop believing your feelings; don’t act on them; wait.

      Action will happen in its own time. Action taken on the strength
      of feelings inevitably leads to more feelings to correct the
      action previously taken—and so the feelings of discontent and
      conflict, and corrective actions, go on and on repeating
      themselves. If in your own experience you haven’t yet learned
      the truth of the deception of feelings, then you just have to go
      on believing and thinking, having faith in the past and hope in
      the future, being happy today and unhappy tomorrow, but never
      being in command of your own life for long.

      What about compassion? Compassion is another word like
      enlightenment that Eastern-based teachings have ritualized,
      taken out of context. This influences followers to try to be
      compassionate. But compassion is natural. Any concept or thought
      of it is phony. You can’t try to be or do anything that’s
      natural; it’s already there. What has to be done is to stop
      indulging what’s not natural in you—such as suffering. Trying is
      trying to get something for yourself, the sufferer. And
      compassion is the absence of self or personal suffering. Only
      then, in the absence of motive, can the one and only
      compassionate God be compassionate as God sees fit, and not as
      selfish man imagines. No self means no selfish intent, no
      personal satisfaction, no personal feeling of achievement, no
      personal decisions or choices. Compassion then is simply an
      activity of divine being and not of any person.

      Is suffering humanity (suffering under its own self-delusion)
      really served by the hoary old story of the bodhisattva who
      supposedly out of compassion refrains from entering nirvana and
      chooses to save others instead? Where is he? If he’s not here
      now he’s a phantom of the imagination distracting people from
      the truth of being now. And anyway, in the enlightened state
      life unfolds without the burden of choice or alternatives. You
      just do as you do.

      OMKARA DATTA

      I thought Mr. Long was doing OK (conceptually, as all writings
      like this try to deal with something beyond words) until the
      flat declaration "I am enlightened."

      If there is any such thing as "enlightenment," it does not
      belong with or to any "I." The word does not even belong in the
      same sentence as the word "I."

      Better yet, let's just discard this idiotic word "enlightenment"
      entirely (but then, the magazine would have to change its name
      :-).

      He also states this:

      Enlightenment is to be emptied (not empty) of feelings and thus
      at one with the pure sensation of divine being. And that pretty
      well sums up the whole spiritual process.

      The above is ridiculously "pat." It's ludicrous. He seizes on
      concepts like "divine being" and "spiritual process" and creates
      answers to questions that didn't exist until he put the answers.
      In other words, he claims there is such thing as "a spiritual
      process." Says who?

      Overall I thought he was doing well for awhile but it got
      ridiculous later on. Then again, the audience for this magazine
      has to be considered -- mostly people who seek and find a
      comfortable, 'permanent' niche as a seeker -- which absolutely
      precludes finding, since seeking must be given up to "find"
      anything.

      JERRY

      This is the paragraph I like:

      "to be enlightened of the acquired burden every spiritual belief
      and notion has to be abandoned, every reference to what any
      spiritual teacher or master has ever said must be set aside."

      I guess that gives me permission to disregard everything in
      Barry's article.

      Someone asked me tonight, over pizza, whether I was afraid of
      dying. My impulse was to answer 'No'. But I caught myself. Was
      that MY answer now or from another time? Really it wasn't my
      answer. Everything has to be questioned. Every hypnosis has to
      be penetrated to find a lesser hypnosis, every trance to find a
      shallower trance, every mask to find a closer mask.

      I think Barry Long is interesting, but he speaks like a Master
      and Masters are hynotists.

      GANGA KARMOKAR

      Namaste - My archives are public can you list the site also in
      the 24 hours open section..... Thankyou Love and Blessings
      Sat*Chit*Anand Shanti-Shanti-Shanti Om

      JUDI AND HARSHA

      It's about losing, not about winning, and it's about losing RIGHT
      NOW, not tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that. "Tomorrow"
      is nothing but a fools game.
      --Judi

      I wonder if it is about anything really. Winning or losing? Both
      imply an active agent. Perhaps it is all about shouting about
      losing and winning. :-).
      --Love to all, Harsha

      Yes, it is about something Harsha - Fools rushing in where
      angels fear to tread.
      --Judi

      I vaguely remember that in primitive societies, fools who got
      hit by lightning and survived, became shaman and, then, had
      nothing to fear, being feared by the others :) Angels, with
      their highly combustible wings, when hit by lightning, are
      almost instantly incinerated - hence the fear :)
      --Jan

      DAN AND HARSHA

      A question I have here
         is when is nondefensive trust
         possible, when can "the
         intent to be one-up" be released,
         when is equality and
         honest sharing possible,
         including sharing
         of critiques without defense --
         according to your view?
      --Dan

      According to my view based on top notch astrological research, this is
      possible when Jupiter is in Pluto and Saturn is in Neptune and Mars is in
      Venus while sun and the moon are both in harmony and are eclipsing each
      other and the eclipse has become self-canceling so everything appears bright
      in the daylight and dark at night.
      --Harsha

      WHITE WOLF

      dear brothers and sisters...

      ...white wolfe's teacher was quite brutal with him yesterday on the subject of love...so this Valentine's Day meditation is not in the hallmark tradition of truffles and lace...but more in the tradition of love's true arrow piercing the heart of it love's true subject,
      itself....^^~~~~

      further up and further in,

      white wolfe

      “..when death comes knocking at the door....”

                                                      - Tagore

      i am here…,

      there is a white wolfe come to devour you, beware…
                      i am here to show you what lies in the moonshadows

      love is death…death is love…love is unto death
      death knocks always at the door of the noble heart

      ah, you will say, you do not fool me, white one
      i answer, silly you, how do you see, hear, touch
      look deeply into the mirror or the smoking waters
      know yourself as I know you in your reflection

      you see with the daggers of  two golden eyes
      you hear with the silence of two empty drums
      you touch with the fire of  four burning paws

      i am the ice beneath you that burns your paws
      i am the song that can be heard with only one ear
      i am your third eye blind that seeing sees nothing

      the white wolfe knows that the taste of love is blood red
      your third eye is blind seeing nothing where i see all
      you have two ears that are deaf while mine hear harmony
      your feet stand on  four corners while mine run a simple circle

      know myself as You know Me in my reflection
      look deeply into the mirror of the smoking waters

      you ask, foolish you, how do you see, hear, touch

      ah, i simply answer, you do not fool me, dark ones

      death knocks always at the door of the mystic mind
      death is love...love is death…death is unto love

                      we are what lies in the moonshadows behind us
      ahead there runs a white wolfe waiting to devour us, let us be awake

      which one are we, dear reader, which one
            the white wolfe or, one of the black wolves
            one of the black wolves, or the white wolfe
      which one, dear reader, which one are we

      let us see with the eye that seeing cannot be seen
      let us hear with ears that hear the music of silence
      let us run quickly over ice that our paws burn not

      it is when death comes knocking that we discover love
      it is when love comes singing that we discover death

      we are here…,
      there is a white wolfe among us teaching us how to die
      without death there is no love, without love there is no death

      without the white wolfe, there is no pack of dark wolves
      without the pack, the hope of one white wolfe is nought

      without the Beloved, there is no Lover,
                      without many Lovers, there is no Beloved…

      Ah, My Chevalier,
            Sacred Heart of Jesus,
                            I take up my Cross and follow you,
                        with Love there is no end to Suffering.

      i, who am the white wolfe, ask you to run with me,
      i am your mind, your heart, your soul calling you to run, run, run,
            for what lies yesterday today and tomorrow and always beyond!

      i am here…I am Spirit…I Am Love!

      mark christopher valentine
      (February 14, 2001)