Thursday January 4th

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2001

      Here's the url of a guy who lives here in Halifax who teaches a nondual
      yoga:
      http://www.yogadoesyou.com/Yoga%20does%20You.htm

      Love,
      Jerry

      Dave and Melody:

      > I can not only hear the rather obvious guidance in
      > this, but it gives me pause to consider just how
      > quickly the mind jumps to conclusions, and how
      > we tend to act with such *certainty* that we can
      > read the intent of another.
      >
      > I see that * coming to conclusions* about
      > an 'other'....whether it be a man, or a 'box',
      >
      > ....whether it be done consciously, or
      > unconsciously,
      >
      > is simply an act of fear and 'self' preservation.
      >
      > Once more, this 'fear of death' confronts me.
      >
      > love,
      > Melody

      The account of Don Juan's inorganic entities may seem
      far fetched, A "realty" outside of our typical realm
      of "conclusions". But looked at closely, this dark box/
      dark man.... and perhaps more notably, the dark man...
      is an entity, and an entity that is inorganic.

      Our normal assumptions, or the conclusions that we most
      readily jump to are related to our particular conditioning,
      which of course we all have. Similarly, humans in general tend to
      have a common conditioning, which goes further to support
      a World Dream perspective as Gene calls it.

      But in this last account, you clearly see a crucial point,
      that you yourself have seen how jumping to conclusions
      has produced a "certainty" of danger, a "certainty" that upon
      reflection may have been misguided.

      There remains one last certain fear.....
      A fear most highly supported within the World Dream environment.
      Death is always seen from the "outside". Those that suffer in any
      death are the ones that remain. Close brushes with death accentuate
      the fear, (much like the process of vomiting). Before is painful
      and scarey, and if you hold it off, the pain is extended and the fear
      is increased. Once it is over, it's a wonderful relief.

      This may not help, the conditioning is strong, but I saw it
      clearly when a bug splatted on my windshield. The bug was
      flitting along happily, and then it wasn't. For the bug,
      nothing had changed. Sure I knew what had happened, but the bug
      remained happy for eternity, flitting along in the sun.

      Your death marks the end, your birth marked the beginning. It's
      a beginning and an end, or a marvel in timeless existence .
      It has been what it has been, and that cannot be changed.
      It is what you've seen it to be, and that can be changed.
      It's a miracle beyond miracles.... especially the Melody part.

      Good luck with your dark man.

      P.S.
      Below perhaps, another pending reality, of course words
      cannot do it justice. I hesitate to write this here,
      but perhaps I do so to accentuate the emphasis in the
      process at hand.

      I would say it has already begun.

      Sometimes we focus too much on what has happened in our lives,
      what we could have done, how we should have reacted.
      As it is said so often here, everything is exactly as it should
      be. Certainly everything in your life will lead to the destiny
      described below, and all of it will be needed to make the final
      comittment, where it can all be let go in the moment of your death.

      But the last fear is pending:

      There will be a dense blanket of fear, which approaches like
      a dark transparent blanket. Adrenalin rising, all instincts are
      set to run and retreat, if you could. You stand firmly, trembling,
      opening your arms to expose your chest. The blanket approaches and begins
      to engulf you. The moment of that fear is upon you. An end to Melody,
      the bullet leaves the gun, in slow motion. Heart pounding pressure in
      the chest, eyes closed trusting, feeling the Source. You commit now,
      like jumping into a void, a conscious and deliberate offering of that
      which once was Melody. Warmth, like blood starts to radiate out of
      the chest, a sense of rising, conversion to light, melting into a Love,
      something more than that, a Unity, something never before experienced
      or imagined (believe me). Tenderness, compassion, beyond words now,
      nothing human. This IS a reality Melody.

      This offering is made outside of the physical and logical world,
      but it is complete. It can only be offered sincerely, therefore
      hightening too the dense fear that preceeds. In the end, it's
      pretty much a paralyzing fear, therefore making it almost mandatory
      that an enlightened one finally commit to the offering.

      Good Luck in this Time to Come.

      Hi Jerry,

      A huge paradox was unfolding at that time. I was living with
      a Japanese woman, seeing the oriental woman as "my soul mate".
      She was an actress that played the "American Girl" in broadway
      plays presented in Japan. She avoided Japanese men as I avoided
      American women (though not completely). What we discoverd about
      each other was that she was more "American" than the American
      gals I knew. And I, of course, was more Japanese then the
      Japanese men she knew. It got really intense. When I finally saw
      her off at the airport, I breathed, as if for the first time.

      The incident with the woman in Bloomindale's was a message that
      I understood much later on. BTW that woman was Jacqueline Kennedy.

      Ed

      At the still point of consciousness, attention and intention
      seem to coincide revealing the power of dialogue, even to
      bridge the communication barrier between the species.

      At least that was the honest-to-God truth in the case of
      the cow I once met. :-)

      My friend Milt, a science fiction writer, and I were driving
      along a country road in upstate New York when we were
      halted by a herd of cows hanging out with no apparent intent
      to move. The presiding farmer, his son, and dog were
      shouting and barking at the cows to move to the pasture,,
      but to no avail.

      Milt and I sat in the car for about ten minutes, when Milt
      flew into a rage, muttering how he was ging to be late for
      his appointment with a broker to examine a house he was
      considering to purchase.

      For the love of truth, I cannot figure out to this day what
      prompted me to get out of the car and walk over to this
      one cow. I put one arm over his shoulder and with the
      other pointed to the pasture. She responded immediately
      and all the other cows followed her into the pasture.

      The farmer, son, and dog just stood there dumbfounded.
      When I got back to the car Milt looked at me with
      astonishment and said, "where in hell did you ever learn to
      do that." I know I was pretending to be cool and just
      smiled at him as if I do such things all the time. But I was
      having a hard time myself believing what had just
      happened.

      The thing I remember most about it was the spontaneity
      and the realization that it wasn't "me" doing it.

      Ed

      ....white wolfe sits alone upon the ice...the frozen waters that are his ultimate
      ground. and listens to
      the wind...the song of the father he does not know...he understands the torments of
      the chattering mind
      that refuses the white stillness...his shimmering white fur is singed by suffering
      into black ashes and
      grey smoke...he returns to the mother who pushed him out of the womb and onto the
      ice....all of these
      things he embraces with these words...white wolfe calls to you now and forever to what
      lies
      beyond....he reminds you that of all things only the love of the one for two, the love
      or two for reunion is
      endless...

      mira has taught the white wolfe this deep wisdom...she is the beloved who hides behind
      the mask of the
      white wolfe who is the lover...she is the one who abides within the deep silence of
      snow...it is the scent
      of snowflakes that the white wolfe lifts his nose to and returns...follow the white
      wolfe...you are the white
      wolfe...^^~~~~

      further up and further in,

      white wolfe

      ---------------------------

      The chattering mind *IS* the white stillness. The torment is
      believing in the separation... that the mind has to be silenced, or
      has to be escaped.

      Bologna. Thought is not separate from "That." There is no escaping
      realization. It has you, Wolf. It *IS* you.

      Know this well: There is no escape. You cannot get away from the
      transcendent Beingness that you are, even though you might keep
      trying. Trying and trying, everyone keeps trying. Imagining they
      are not the Self. Pretending they are something else.

      Even the pretending and the imagining is a movement of Reality. Know
      there is no escape.

      Love Always,

      Omkara

      ------------------------

      Dear Omkara,

      Instantly, there is only ocean.
      Not only is there ocean in every direction,
      there is only ocean right here.

      This sea creature is a bag made of water holding
      water, surrounded by water.

      Instantly, there is neither ocean nor nonocean,
      water nor nonwater.

      No creature to realize or state a single thing.

      All is just as it is.

      Outside the window, a young man walks in sunlight down the street
      as a car drives by.
      Inside the room, the sound of a computer printer.

      Love,
      Dan

      -------------------------

      Dear Dan-ji,

      Certain Hindu scriptures state there is something like ignorance
      covering, obscuring or hiding our true nature.

      I say there is nothing of the sort. Does the presence of fog hinder
      the ability to breathe? Does it affect the oxygen in the air one
      single iota?

      Perhaps such scripture and related teachings constitutes a pack of
      lies.

      I wonder about "instant" and "gradual." These are ways of describing
      something outside of time, something neither instant nor gradual but
      Eternal...

      For some, realization of 'WHAT IS' may be perceived as "instant" --
      for some it may be perceived as "gradual..."

      Yet 'WHAT IS' itself is neither instant nor gradual, but Eternal.

      Reality being outside of time, how can the 'realization' of it be an
      event taking place in time?

      Truly there is no 'realization', no 'instant,' no 'gradual.' These
      are things concerning those who like to discuss and
      conceptualize 'That Which Is'.

      Dropping all concepts of 'That Which Is," what remains is
      simply 'That Which Is.'

      Love,

      Omkara

      Terry Murphy sent this:

      *Blessed Yearning*

      Tell it none except the wise,
      for the common crowd defames:
      of the living I shall praise
      that which longs for death in flames.

      In the love night which created
      you where you create, a yearning
      wakes: you see, intoxicated,
      far away a candle burning.

      Darkness now no longer snares you,
      shadows lose their ancient force,
      as a new desire tears you
      up to higher intercourse.

      Now no distance checks your flight,
      charmed you come and you draw nigh
      till, with longing for the light,
      you are burnt, O butterfly.

      And until you have possessed
      dying and rebirth,
      you are but a sullen guest
      on the gloomy earth.

      goethe

      Hi Terry....

      >Melody: And to simply 'blame' this change in expression and
      > heart on menopause would be a very big mistake.

      > terry: I have heard menopausal women speak this way before, boys,
      so watch
      > out! and walk softly.

      Very funny. :-)

      > To start, please forgive me, Melody, for speaking precisely of
      what you
      > explicitly say is not the root of the problem; chalk it up to a rant
      if you
      > like.

      Whatever it was, Terry, I enjoyed your discussion,
      and I appreciate the sensitivity you bring to a subject
      which is seldom discussed in mixed company.

      I remain unconvinced, however, that a drop in hormone
      production has triggered the events of the last few weeks
      for me, though.

      I would be more apt to suggest that it is K that is at the
      *root* of all these 'changes'....and that the reduction in
      hormone production ....and all that effects of body,
      mind, spirit, ....is a process that is triggered by (besides the
      surgical removal of a uterus/ovary years ago!) 'K'? ......along
      with It? ....because of it? .... in spite of it? I truly don't know.)

      This does open an interesting opportunity for discussion -
      one that I have never seen opened before elsewhere.

      In your model below, Terry, I would be interested in
      hearing your thoughts (and Jan's) on the following...

      * If a woman takes estrogen/progesterin.....does the
      transformation you describe below *not* take place?

      * What is the connection/relation between having
      active/or awakening 'K'...and going thru menopause?
      I ask this because, it seems:

      - 'K' can be awakened....without a change in hormone
      balance.

      - Hormonal balance can be changed, without
      activating 'K'.

      Thanks for opening a discussion to a rather 'taboo' subject....
      especially now when women in midlife work so hard to
      'pass' for a much younger woman.

      love,
      Melody

      ---------------------------------

      These are good questions.

      Hormones are in the physical body. The 'other' bodies are not
      physical in the same way; perhaps on a finer, subtler level.
      Just as pressure in the crown area could be from a brain
      tumor or the chakra opening, manifestations can be causes
      or results or ......... It is probably reflective. A kundalini
      awakening has to have a hormonal affect. Just as breathing
      consciously changes the chemistry of the blood.

      I am typing as I think but I am interested if others have insights
      on these questions.

      Marcia