NDS highlights for Saturday, December 9

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2000
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      CHRISTIANA describes Lectio Movements:

      1. Lectio: Read the passage for the first time. (It helps to read it
      aloud softly.) What phrase, sentence or even one word stands out to
      you? Begin to repeat that phrase, sentence, or word over and over,
      allowing it to settle deeply in your heart. Do any insights begin to
      arise? Do not expand these insights right now; this can be done at a
      later time. Simply return to the repetition of the phrase, sentence,
      or even one word, savoring it in your heart.

      2. Meditatio: Relish these words; let them resound in your heart.
      Read the passage as often as you wish, learning these words by heart
      as you continue to repeat them in your mind.

      3. Oratio: Let an attitude of quiet receptiveness permeate the prayer
      time, an openness to a deeper hearing of the Word of God. As you
      continue to "listen" to this phrase, sentence, or even one word, a
      prayer may arise spontaneously in response. Offer that prayer, then
      return to repeating the word in your heart.

      4. Contemplatio: When you find that you move beyond the meaning of the
      phrase, sentence or word to the gift of the divine presence of the
      Word, rest in God as long as the Presence or attraction remains.

      Note: These steps are not separate, but flow into each other. There is
      no hurry to finish any particular chapter or verse; it is more
      important to listen deeply to God's word to you at this moment.

      To extend the practice: After the resting, take the phrase,
      sentence, or word into your daily activity and listen to it, reflect
      on it, pray over it, and rest in it as time allows during the day.
      Allow it to become part of you.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      JERRY offered:

      This was received from one calling him- or herself 'K'

      -------------

      'Who AM I '
      Months went by asking this question - 'Who Am I'
      Mind provided so many answers, conditoned, borowed, bookish, dead
      answers.
      The answers brought no transformation - more importantly no bliss.
      Answers
      were peripheral.
      So many answers were there :
      Mind said - You are so and so
      Mind said - You are body
      Mind said - You are consciousness
      Mind said - You are soul
      Mind said- You are Brahma, the Truth
      Mind said - You are Immortal
      Mind said - You are Light

      So many answers, but seemed I was untouched. Borrowed, dead answers -
      bringing no significant transformation.
      ..then one day
      I saw, question was on the periphery, answer was in the centre.
      Question was borrowed. Answer was personal.
      Question was deep insides, and answers that came were from deep
      outside
      Question was mine, answers were all borrowed.

      Just this fact, merely this observation became a transformation.
      All answers from mind became useless, as if they were not required.
      An illusion was shattered that mind can possibly answer.
      As if a window to sun got opened, suddenly.
      Mind used to answer --this was the problem - fundamental problem.
      Some truth was anxious and eager to come forth, only borrowed answers
      were
      blocking that.
      Mere awakening to this fact , sheer awakening became the answer.
      But before that - only me and the question existed - intense,
      passionate,
      dedicated, burning question - Who Am I.
      Such obsessive was the question, as if I was not existing, only the
      question
      existed, as if I had transformed into a living question - Who Am I.
      And the explosion happened.
      Answer came from some unknown dimension.
      Truth never comes gradually, it comes like an explosion.
      Truth cant be brought, you just create an atomopshere for it to
      descend.

      Words are not answers.
      Void is the answer.
      State of becoming questionless is the answer.

      JANET responded:

      What this person K says is exactly how i feel! but cannot put into
      words as
      they have so eloquently done. That state of becoming questionless,
      searching
      ceases. putting the mind and thoughts to rest, as though Who I Am
      arises out
      of who i am already. it's like setting the plan of what you *think*
      you
      would like to do, and finding your life unfold into another
      unimaginable way
      that you never intended and you are happiness existing, exactly where
      you
      are, and there was never a plan executed from where that happiness
      arose.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      CEE:

      wonderful friends,

      some of you might like to
      visit
      added some chapters to the site
      presentnonexistence.com
      visuals and words

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      FAUXVOX:

      Thinking about "awakening" is not the act of awakening. Just as
      thinking about an action, IS not that action - no matter how you try
      to convince yourself that it is. But, thinking about awakening, could
      be said to be, much preferable to day-dreaming, or imagination.
      Or: Worrying about the irrelevant.
      Or: Living a life of pretend.
      Or: Having a mind made of glue.
      Or: Taking symbolism for substance.
      Or: Always answering the phone.
      Or: The inability to stop chasing yourself.
      Or: Wanting to jump up in the air and not come down.

      So what?
      Who knows?

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      TERRY:

      One of the things which might differentiate the more common
      enlightened
      person of today from such famous preachers as buddha or jesus is the
      likelihood that today such a person might have a job and a family, and
      the
      usual clutch of circumstances making life difficult to live
      idealistically.
      Yet, such a person may be a genuine teacher, giving a glimpse into a
      way of
      life which uses the ordinary circumstances of life and raises them to
      higher level. A person who holds high ideals and lives the life of
      the
      ordinary being may be more important to the Work than people who adopt
      robes
      and whole cultures and preach of ordinary life while living something
      quite
      different.
      Wait a minute, isn't that what we are doing here? Yes!

      JERRY:

      NDS

      Within the next month someone will be posting the 50,000th message.
      Whoever that is will win one of the very few Nonduality Salon t-shirts
      still have. You can monitor the number of posts at
      <http://www.egroups.com/messages/NondualitySalon>

      Employees of NDS, their families, friends, pets, are all eligible.
      Anyone spamming their way to number 50,000 -- not that that would
      happen
      in a place this classy -- will be disqualified. If the post is of the
      nature of personal attack, it will be disqualified. Also, I would be
      disqualified as the winner. And if the 50,000th post is me personally
      attacking someone, I'd REALLY by disqualified. If a post is
      disqualified, the post nearest to 50,000, but not over, will be the
      winner. Good luck, sharpen your pencils, fill up your fountain pens,
      and
      may the best Saloner win.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      OMKARA:

      An early message posted here by Sandeep questioned: Many people here
      are talking the walk, but how many are walking the talk? (or walking
      the walk)?

      This is a question everyone should ask themselves. "Why am I posting
      on the NondualitySalon list?" My guess is most people would not be
      able to answer. This is a big blind spot or area of
      inattention/unawareness.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      ED:

      Nothing occurs out of a sense of doership except the illusion
      that the independent "me" entity is the doer.

      All doing occurs in the now and derives from the Source.

      CEE:

      it is a gift to be able to participate in the salon.
      what's happening here is quite marvelous. the
      divine self waking up to itself. the arrow is in midair,
      yet the goal is always already enjoyed.

      if we are human beings in a world, then we are engaged here in the
      highest of human pursuits. the world benefits from us even having the
      conversation.