oops.. mea culpa

  • Mark Otter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      I'm sorry. I mistakenly attributed the Balsekar meditations (that was
      Manuel V. Hernandez who posted it) and I meant to include James Bean's
      post of the following poems. (sorry 'bout that) - mark

      THE WAY OF THE SAINTS

      O my Beloved, come and grant me Thy sight!
      I can't exist without You!
      The life without You is like a pond without a lotus flower
      or similar to a night without moon!
      Thus I pass nights without You.
      Passing nights and days in distress,
      Your absence is eating away my heart.

      -- Mira Bai

      I wandered in search of a true
      lover but did not find any;
      When a lover meets another
      over, then all poison turns into
      nectar.

      My Lord is dwelling in each and
      every heart; not a single place is
      empty;
      But that heart is great where
      God manifests His qualities.

      Kabir Sahib says: "I made my
      eyes into a bridal room and the
      pupils into a bridal bed;
      I pulled down the curtains of
      the eyelids and pleased my Beloved." *

      -- Kabir, "Kabir Sakhi -- Spiritual Gems of Kabir," Kabir Association
      ________
      * In the tradition of the lover and the Beloved, union
      with the Supreme
      Being is the true motivation for practicing meditation.