Wednesday, November 15

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2000
      Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to
      go; be what you want
      to be, because you have only one life and one chance
      to do all the
      things you want to do.

      May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
      enough trials to make
      you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough
      hope to make you
      happy.

      Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel
      that it hurts you, it
      probably hurts the other person, too.

      The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
      best of everything;
      they just make the most of everything that comes
      along their way.

      Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt,
      those who have
      searched, and those who have tried, for only they
      can appreciate the
      importance of people who have touched their lives.

      Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends
      with a tear.

      The brightest future will always be based on a
      forgotten past, you
      can't go on well in life until you let go of your
      past failures and
      heartaches.

      Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before
      meeting the right
      one so that when we finally meet the right person,
      we will know how to
      be grateful for that gift.

      When the door of happiness closes, another opens ,
      but often times we
      look so long at the closed door that we don't see
      the one which has been
      opened for us.

      The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
      porch and swing
      with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling
      like it was the best
      conversation you've every had.

      It's true that we don't know what we've got until we
      lose it, but it's
      also true that we don't know what we've been missing
      until it arrives.

      Giving someone all your love is never an assurance
      that they'll love
      you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for
      it to grow in their
      heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in
      yours.

      It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an
      hour to like
      someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a
      lifetime to forget
      someone.

      Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for
      wealth; even that
      fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile
      because it takes only a
      smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one
      that makes your heart
      smile.

      When you were born, you were crying and everyone
      around you was
      smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're
      the one who is
      smiling and everyone around you is crying.

      Please send this message to those people who mean
      something to you, to
      those who have touched your life in one way or
      another, to those who
      make you smile when you really need it, to those
      that make you see the
      brighter side of things when you are really down, to
      those who you want to let
      them know that you appreciate their friendship.

      And if you don't, don't worry, nothing bad will
      happen to you.

      Lots of Love, Mary

      --Mary Bianco

      WHITE WOLF

      the beauty of Adi Da is in his mystical use of numinous
      imagery - i.e., the dawn horse..., when i read him i have to
      read him from the seat of the witness to get anything deep
      out of his writing...outwise it does become too much to
      take...the only guru is the guru within...the guru you meet
      on the way is a projection that is inevidably slain in the
      bone yard of deep meditation when the self surrenders to the
      Self...at least this has been my experience repeatedly....we
      awake into a dream from a dream \...

      white wolfe's experience is directly opposite of
      yours...non-duality is not the province of the secular, but
      of the truly religious (i here must make a distinction
      between the horse (the dharma) and the cart of sinners it
      pulls (the Institution of Religion whether it the Catholic,
      Buddhist, Moslem, Hindu or even Native American/Shamanist).
      but, my experience is not enough to convinve even
      myself...here is a quote from something i am currently
      reading....

      if you are truly non-dualistic in your viewpoint, you should
      be able to integrate and synthesize these thoughts and
      experiences into your own inner world...if you don't like
      Heiler as too theological try some Ken Wilbur who is way
      secular or Da Free John who is a mystic's mystic...^^~~~

      "The essence of religion consists not in a particular
      representation of the divine to be grasped statically, but in
      a dynamic intercouse with the holy. Religion is not a simple
      act of thinking of or about transcendent objects but a
      behavior...Religion is not a theoretical affair, but an
      eminently practical one...Religion is worship of Mystery and
      surrender to the same." Heiler, Erschenungsformen, pp 561-62

      MANCHINE

      Hi guys,

      This seems like a good place to jump in, if even for just a
      bit.

      I have been, "away" for a bit, heavily absorbed in "world
      dream expectations" (changes at work etc.). Anyways, I'd left
      digests on to try to catch a glimps every so often at what
      was going on here.

      What I noticed was that I came back rather harshly, and
      sensed, although I was reacting in the contrary, that each
      and every one, is what they are. Changing anyone, with a pair
      of words is futile, AND completely non-productive. Anyways,
      what would one change them to?

      It comes down to what is being done here, coming to the true
      nature of each one, as if there was no difference between the
      two.

      As in the "attention" thread, one of the last messages by
      Gloria, for the most part, people react to others, according
      to their conditioning, and often, the light of that
      conditioning doesn't let them see that their response may be
      inappropriate. "I", for example accept a wide range of things
      about myself, and most probably the things I don't accept are
      nothing like the things others don't accept about me.

      If "I" make an error, I am extremely fast to accept that
      error, (forgive myself) and make an honest and faithful
      promise not to repeat it. I probably know that I won't keep
      this promise, but I know I am sincere in my effort to make
      the promise.

      So the problem is, what "I" see as errors, and what others
      see as errors are two different things. The important part,
      on the other hand, is the sincerity and trust of each and
      every individual, in their own acts, whatever their motives
      be. Inside every one of us, even the most vile of personages,
      exists an escence of "being", an entity which is fully
      justified in each and every instance for his acts of the
      moment.

      What some of you may be thinking in this moment, is "but
      there is only One entity, the individual entities are
      illusory", and of course (IAT for Sky's sake) you would be
      right! But they ARE illusory, not only to the "other"
      individuals, but to ourselves as well, until we can laern to
      see and accept them as another lesser know part of ourselves.

      It seems we spend a lot of time trying to make everyone else
      like our individual "me", rather than let our "me" come to
      know "what it really is".

      The part of "you" that's in "here", is alive. In the days to
      come it could be an interesting excersize to look into the
      eyes of each individual that comes your way and touch that
      other part of you.

      TIM GERCHMEZ (OMKARA)

      Just a moment or two ago I was "washing my face." The sleeves
      of my jacket were getting in the way, my eyes were burning
      from the soap, and I thought "what a pain in the ass this
      is."

      At that moment I realized I could stop resisting and *allow
      the body to wash its own face*. The illusion creating the
      resistance was that "I am washing my face," the "me" doing
      the washing was *interfering with the process*, not
      performing it. "I" was getting in the way of a natural
      occurrence.

      Immediately upon releasing the illusion of control, the face
      was washed and dried without further trouble. No time seemed
      to pass from the moment "control" was released until the act
      was finished, and no burning of the eyes, no problem with the
      jacket sleeves, an instantaneous "act" occurred. It seems the
      body "knows" better how to clean itself than "I" do.

      Quite an interesting experience... not the first time
      something like this has been observed.

      The sense of "me" *always* interferes with the natural flow
      of life. Thinking there is a "me" with volition ("I am doing
      this") constantly erects barriers to natural process that
      would go along just fine without this "me" in the way.

      GLORIA LEE

      Speaking of pebbles, as we were back there, did you ever
      collect interesting "stuff" like rocks, and just junk you
      found lying around when you were a kid? I had a shoe box of
      it myself. I used to find the most unusual objects, emptying
      out my boy's pockets for the laundry. One of them used to
      keep a whole drawer of pocket junk and I felt such a sense of
      wonder trying to fathom the value of this stuff to him. In a
      way, this is why kids are natural born nondualists, they
      don't discriminate on any sort of rational basis what has
      value and what doesn't. They are such equal opportunity
      appreciators. I'm not trying to build a case for anything
      terribly profound out of this, but I still treasure a lot of
      junk..not so much things anymore, but like words people
      casually throw around strike me as having great significance,
      you know, stuff like that. I hope it doesn't start some big
      arguement here, but I find a lot of value in just letting my
      mind wander randomly..its like a stroll down the seashore
      seeing what the tide may bring in.

      MICHAEL READ

      The greatest 'myth' perpetuated by 'religion' is that we are
      somehow separate from 'God'. Without this belief the 'drama'
      of our so-called present day civilization would stop.

      Oh, to have the world conform to my formulations!!!! Or, can
      I please have my maya and realization too? Pretty please?

      HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

      Peace - at play in the fields of the Lord - Michael

      So? Reading and thinking is just reading and thinking.
      Enjoyable pastimes, something to do.

      Ah, Dear WW. What is experience? Why are you?

      A vignette of 'my' experience for your consideration. Total
      immersion in 'AM' revealing 'ALL'. There and there and there
      is the God we seek. And there as well.

      What one believes in has faith in will manifest in
      appearance. What lies beyond appearance..... ah.

      Sinners, saints, seeking and finding oh what a lovely drama.

      -------
      One drop of this wine
      What what what
      Lost in that
      Found in that
      Dry lips smiling
      I am and not here
      What's the use of explaining
      One drop of this wine, ah!

      HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

      Peace - don't ask me to sober up - Michael

      SKY

      Check out Alice Walker's new book:

      "The Way Forward Is With A Broken Heart"

      She says, in an interview with Charlie Rose, that the
      harshness of our sociality is part of why we're broken
      hearted. She adds that we needn't fear broken heartedness
      because "it's an honorable condition. We deserve our broken
      heart. And the broken heart gets bigger. And so, that is the
      value of it."

      JUDI RHODES

      Michael wrote: "The greatest 'myth' perpetuated by 'religion'
      is that we are somehow separate from 'God'. Without this
      belief the 'drama' of our so-called present day civilization
      would stop."

      ******* :-)) Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks. :-)

      RUSTY MORGAN
      This is a non dualistic list. so come play GodsGame with
      yourself.
      http://www.pacificcoast.net/~rustym/manual/godgame.html

      WILL
      Bush is literally running on the code-word slogan: "We trust
      the people to do what's right - the Dem's only trust the
      government."

      Yet, now in this crisis time (which is ONLY a crisis for Bush
      and his slogan) he is acting just the opposite - NOT trusting
      the people to even be SMART enough to objectively count some
      dam voting ballots without screwing up - as if they're not
      "smart enough"? He thinks the PalmBeach "screw-ups" that
      precipitated this current fiasco of energy-transfer, were
      STUPID and should be discarded in the trash heap, over-lorded
      by the ALL-powerful Republican Machine.

      Gore, trusts the government, as Bush says, and is going the
      route of law, government, trusting the people explicitly -
      letting the People keep talking and talking until they agree
      with Gore and just instate him into office.

      Oh what a Dual moment, with apparent paradox and irony, but
      only if one SEES it, and appreciates it. Otherwise, you takes
      sides and start arguments.

      Now, THAT is the kind of humor we should be talking about...
      To what end (TWE)
      is Life so arranged (ILSA)
      that men think THIS WAY (TMTTW)?

      (copyright (c) 2000 - fauxvox)

      Commentary on the above: Instead of using it to AWAKEN and
      just stop acting like a bunch of idiots most of the time???

      MATTHEW FILES

      Michael wrote: The greatest 'myth' perpetuated by 'religion'
      is that we are somehow separate from 'God'. Without this
      belief the 'drama' of our so- called present day civilization
      would stop.

      why single out religions (or any group)as the great
      perpetrators? Just look in the mirror, that is the only (and
      greatest) perpetrator you need to be concerned about.
      .........matthew

      COLETTE

      Hi everyone. A friend passed this on to me so I pass it on
      too ~ maybe ya know ..

      ~*~

      Yassar Arafat said that peace will not come to the Middle
      East without a million strong prayers. Well we intend to give
      him just that!!! Please pass this email on to everyone you
      know. Then go to http://www.emissaryoflight.com and write
      your own one line prayer. (There will be a counter there to
      let you know what number your prayer is.) When they have one
      million prayers of peace, James Twyman, author and Peace
      Troubadour, will travel to Israel with a scroll that contains
      all the prayers to be presented to President Arafat and
      President Barak.

      This is your chance to let your voice be heard. Do not wait,
      but contribute your prayer NOW! James Twyman, author of
      Emissary of Light and Praying Peace, was recently in
      Jerusalem to help focus a worldwide prayer vigil for peace in
      the Middle East. Hundreds of Thousands of people joined the
      vigil, many of them linking live to Jerusalem via
      http://www.worldpuja.org

      Days later, Twyman read in a newspaper an offhand remark made
      by Yasser Arafat that peace will not come to the Middle East
      without a million strong prayers. Through the internet we
      have the ability to supply him with these prayers within days
      or weeks. Go to http://www.emissaryoflight.com and you will
      find a box to write your prayer. When the counter reads one
      million a copy of every prayer will be produced on an
      enormous scroll and will then be brought to Israel.

      We need your help!!! Register your prayer right now while you
      are thinkning about it!!!

      From James Twyman: "Millions of people have participated in
      the many prayer vigils that have taken place in the last few
      years. Until now it has been impossible quantify the exact
      number, or to make a concrete statement that could be
      experienced physically as well as spiritually. If we can
      gather one million prayers of peace for the Middle East I
      believe we will have achieved something truly