#5223 – Dr. Kriben Pillay: Interview and Article

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 4:53 AM
      The latest Nonduality Highlights, featuring Dr. Kriben Pillay, both an interview and an article, and both exclusive to the Highlights, may be viewed here:

      http://nonduality.org/2014/05/29/5223-dr-kriben-pillay-interview-and-article/

      Here's a bonus selection from the Nonduality Highlights Facebook group:

      Aleksander Minkacz:

      Hi all and thanks for letting me join the group. It doesn't seem like many questions are asked here. Let me share mine:

      I've recently discovered the reality of things which was completely (and beautifully) devastating to all the concepts I've believed in. Long story short - suddenly it turned out that the closest "persons" that this mind believed in (the mother, the girlfriend etc.) are not persons at all. Just strokes of paint on the same picture - just one self. Nobody to "love" and be "attached to". Obviously the mind was not prepared for it - there is a lot of grief happening here. Old attachments resurfacing. My guess is it's common and inevitable. Has anyone here had the same experience?

      Dhanya Durga Moffitt:

      Hi Aleksander, In olden times when a person 'woke up' as it were to the true nature of existence, that person might have done years and years of spiritual practice and study in an ashram type setting, which might have fully prepared that person's mind and psyche to easily assimilate what was recognized to be the truth.

      At the same time, the societies from which those people came may have had very strong family structures, so the core person might have had far less unresolved emotional issues stored in the unconscious mind.

      Now days neither of the above circumstances seems to be generally the case. Thus as the mind unwinds in the recognition of the truth of existence inevitably unresolved psychological issues will rise to the surface in order to be dealt with.

      As I understand it unless these issues are dealt with and cleared up what is called 'the fruits' of self-knowledge (the recognition of the truth of existence) might not be experienced fully, the fruits being things like contentment, happiness, peace--a sort of 'all is well with me' understanding which pervades one's waking moments.

      As far as I have heard these days in general there is still a lot of work to be done on the level of the psyche and emotions before one's mind quiets done, and one truly enjoys what one has recognized to be true.
      Wishing you all the best.

      Join the Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/NondualityHighlights/