#5135 - Indivisible - Photographers on Photography

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2014
      #5135 - Indivisible - Photographers on Photography
      The Nonduality Highlights - Thursday, January 9, 2014 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Whatever work I’ve done,
      whatever I have thought,

      was praise with my body
      and praise hidden
      inside my head.

      ~ Lalla
               14th Century North Indian mystic

      via Along The Way on Yahoo

      Thought divides knowing into a knower and the known,
      loving into a lover and the beloved, and perceiving into a
      perceiver and the perceived. As such, it is thought alone
      that abstracts a subject and an object from the seamless,
      unnamable intimacy of pure Knowing or Experiencing.
      ~ Rupert Spira

      “We are a sense apparatus for raw life, raw consciousness,
      which feels through us as instruments with five or more
      senses.” ~ Mukti

      "Photography can change the world."

      Over the years I have delighted in sharing photographs here,
      with our brilliant Alan Larus being the main source. Sometimes they
      go with words or poems, and one reflects the other. Or wordless,
      the image speaks alone. I am excited to have found a whole video
      of good photographers saying what they want to convey with their
      images, and what of themselves goes into their work. It's fantastic
      listening and viewing.

      “As soon as I was with those animals, I realized I was home
      in a way, and I knew I could be a voice for things that can’t
      talk," says wildlife photographer Michael Nichols. Discover
      how Nichols pushes boundaries to tell stories in unique ways
      and capture never-before-seen views of rare animals.
      #NatGeoProof

      He has photographed nearly 30 stories during his time with
      National Geographic and considers the ultimate success of
      his photographs to be their influence in creating national
      parks to protect land for animals. —Caitlin Kleiboer,
      University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

      Next, go here and click on the video with photographers faces to hear a bit from each.