#5114 - Monday, December 16, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2013

      #5114 - Monday, December 16, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights/

      To also view this issue with graphics, please visit the blog:

      In Memory of Samuel Pasiencier

      Today in Amersfoort

      I am very sorry to share the news that my father
      passed away a few hours ago from an upper
      respiratory infection and heart failure. He will be
      deeply missed. ~Rebecca Rothey

      Sam was a beloved presence on Nonduality Salon and other groups for many years.

      A Poem by Sam, taken from Eye to 'I' article in Amigo.

      Hey Mister, Take My Picture

      Morning and evening seem to be the very best times to take
      photographs. The light is long and glancing, warm with the rays of
      sunlight almost saying: 'Here. Look, look at this. See me here.'

      This scene met me one morning when I opened my door onto the hall.
      A moment in time, caught by the morning light. The next instant the
      figures move, the scene changes.

      In fact 'I' was attracted at first only by the fall of the light.
      Existence placed the figures where they were, wove that momentary
      pattern.

      Our eyes are needed by existence in order for it to see itself. In a
      sense that is existence looking at itself. Or to use that much
      overused word god looking at God and that is worship, existence
      worshipping itself.

      Love is attention. Attention is love.

      The maker is visible in its creation. Our eyes are there to see that.
      And only our eyes can see that.

      'You see', invites this stream, 'I hide nothing from you, I reveal my
      presence by my light.'
      And sometimes some bit of presence says like an eager kid:

      'Hey Mister. Take my picture'.

      ~ Samuel Pasiencier

      Sam Pasiencier, June 2003

      #1510 - Friday, August 1, 2003 - Editor: Gloria
      to read  Eye to 'I' in full:
      #http://www.nonduality.com/hl1510.htm
      to download Word version with more photos.

      [Thanks to Kia Pierce for saving and re-posting this bit today.]

      Sam Pasiencier Photography 9/25/13
      Ed Note: Sam took many pictures of leaves on various pavements, and dozens more
      were presented in The Nonduality Highlights over the years.

      Guru Sam: In honor of Sam Pasiencier

      If I thought I knew you
      You remained a mystery.
      For you came from light
      And kept trying to get back there.

      Your laughter ever after.
      The folks you loved.
      The jokes you made
      The wisdom and honesty
      That were your trade.

      I miss you but I know
      the score. You can't one-up
      me any more.
      I wish you could and that's no lie.
      I don't want to say good bye.

      A little song, a little dance,
      A little seltzer down your pants.
      You were king of many hearts.
      Now we are no more apart.

      Vicki Woodyard

      Stumped

      If a stump could talk would he tell of all the
      branches, leaves and birds of summers long ago?

      Oh, can you see? He wants to, he wants to!

       poem and photo by Sam Pasiencier
      #2402 - Friday, February 24, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

       from Advahut Gita

      47. We're not a problem to be solved, there's no prize for a winning
      story. Close the book and exhale. There is nothing broken, nothing to
      fix.

      48. Oh mind, why struggle? Fall into the heart, drown in the ocean of
      your own bliss! Let what happens happen, yours is none of this!

      49. Not the fruit of a tended vine, I am not what changes. Source of
      sweetness and thirsting both, spilt wine drops lifting into air,
      Love's own intoxication.

      50. Neither formless or form, inconspicuous in my own absence, the
      true word is "Silence". Before we knew, we all knew it.

      51. Nothing to cling to, nothing to grasp, why wander, restless,
      dear mind? Relax!

      posted by Sam Pasiencier to nondualnow
      #2345 - Sunday, December 18, 2005 - Editor: Gloria Lee