#5069 - Saturday, October 12, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2013
      #5069 - Saturday, October 12, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Some awesome discoveries from Facebook

      Matthew Moore

      A thousand-mile journey

      The turtle swims ashore
      Drawn through blue ocean-way breeze with a guiding-hum
      Delivered by old sea-lore

      But if emerged an echo
      Inquiring which-way, why, how, what-else, what-for?
      If from abiding loomed-up a weary-load
      Serene-drift could be no more

      He’d swim in corkscrew spirals
      Fits and starts and stops
      Zig-zag see-saw staggers
      Stuttering loops and lops

      And as the echo pulsated outward
      And feedback span around
      Turtles spread beyond would jolt and jam
      Under shattered sound

      Climbing liquid stairs and ladders
      To try and gasp a breath
      No more gliding sideways
      Lurching up and down

      But the air up there is barren
      No place for a rest
      No golden sands to cradle
      No burrow for a nest

      Then as a mellow old slow-coach meanders by
      Desperately they ask the secret of freewheeling through
      He says the current guides him
      And about that he hasn’t got a clue

      The amorphous wisdom
      Of nature’s mystifying sub-bass powers
      Is burned as a leaf under magnifying-glass spotlight sun
      Through knotted introspective hours

      If you wish to be a turtle
      Gayly floating free
      Have a look around you
      And ponder what is really me?

      Are you a spaceman in a ship
      The master of a corporeal tomb
      Do you choose every which way to go
      Or are you sliding down a flume?

      Divulted spiritual wisdom
      In seeing the prison a bond
      May say it’s all an illusion
      You must transcend beyond

      But this kind of bittersweet wisdom
      Going round on old dusty tape
      Means not gliding sideways
      But clambering for escape

      The answer to the question
      To let life and love be fair
      Let simply be together
      Mind, body, birds, trees and air

      You cut it and then say it’s made of pieces.
      Take a rest.

      ~ ~ ~

      more at http://www.bobbybottlessocks.co.uk/?p=521

      Look at yourself steadily - it is enough. The door that locks you in is also the door that lets you out. The "I am" is the door. Stay at it until it opens. As a matter of fact, it is open, only you are not at it. You are waiting at the non-existing painted doors, which will never open. -Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      Science and Nonduality Conference

      may I be I is the only prayer--not may I be great or good or beautiful or wise or strong.
      ~ E.E. Cummings

      Wayne Ferguson

      Jerry: I know you are always keen to point out examples of nonduality going mainstream. Are you familiar with Cynthia Bourgeault? I don't know how mainstream she is, but she is certainly talking a lot about nonduality in this broader discussion of religious education in a Christian context.

      I watched this and liked it very much. Here are some notes I sketched while watching:

      "The nondual brain." Thanks Wayne. I'm only aware of Cynthia's name but never knew much about her. "Bringing nondualistic thinking into the daily life of all our classrooms." This is mainstream nonduality. Good basic teaching on meditation or centering prayer and its relationship to current neurological findings. Christianity as a portal through which we open the gateways to the infinite while respecting and honoring other portals, other religions. You can't be out of union with God. God perceived as missing. The gate of heaven is everywhere.