#5065 - Tuesday, October 8, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2013
      #5065 - Tuesday, October 8, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      I would like to take a moment to thank my co-editors Gloria Lee, Dustin LindenSmith, and Mark Otter for keeping the Highlights fresh and of high quality. Even though Mark isn't (intentionally) active, he's present among us and lives in Dustin's Highlights and as a standard for all the editors to strive for.

      Mandee Labelle and I will be broadcasting Nonduality Network Talk Radio, Wednesday, October 9, at 12:30PM EST.

      You may listen online at http://ckdu.ca

      Our call-in number in Canada is 902-494-2487

      Or call via Skype, accessing the show through our id, nondualitynetwork. Skype is free to download and use: http://skype.com

      For further info about our show please visit http://nonduality.net

      This is real, live, FM radio!

      I was honored to have been a guest on Arvind Singh's Transmission of Awakening, a video interview at

      He asked me if I thought I was enlightened, if I thought Jesus, Ramana, and Buddha were awakened, he asked about free will, the Nonduality Salon group, lots of people, and there was some fun happening. I don't think I gave standard answers to his questions. How would you answer them?

      Mostly I became enlightened about using Google Hangouts as a platform for interviewing. I hope to use it to interview a nondualist sometime, somewhere, soon.

      Here are some recent writings by Arvind Singh:

      The Innocent Child

      ...Everyone gets this part by birth...

      This is the playful, joyous, "in the moment" child...

      This is the part that feels instantly happy on seeing a puppy...

      This is part that feels happy on just seeing a bloomed flower...

      This is the part that feels like dancing in the wind just by seeing a rainbow...

      This is the part that enjoys running after birds for no reason...

      This is the part that feels instant joy, instant freedom...

      But, also instant heartbreak, sadness and disappointment....

      It doesn't remember things for long...

      This part is ready to forgive and forget instantly...

      ~ ~ ~

      In this Compassionate Clarity...

      ...one can also see that...

      ...this Joyful, playful, "instantly happy",
      "naturally forgiving" inner...

      ...doesn't really... ..."grows up"...

      ...It only learns... ...to "hide"...

      To "hide"... in a corner, a room...

      ...or... a "shell"...

      It goes wherever it can find some freedom
      to just be itself... ...unconditionally...

      And, it is good that this inner child... never really changes... never really dies...

      Otherwise,
      with its destruction and death...

      ...all that is beautiful in life... ...would get destroyed too...

      Life would become barren...
      ...devoid of any beauty...
      ...devoid of nay good reason to live...

      However...
      this (critical) voice in head... is so persistent,
      loud and strong and this inner child... learns to hide in a shell...

      ...and...

      ...in some extreme cases...
      ...almost never comes out to play!

      That is truly a dreadful situation!

      ...Being being lived... only as a burden...
      ...devoid of... any real joy...
      ...devoid of... ...any real beauty...

      The wise one sees...

      ...that the inner child... never... really grows... ...never... ...really... changes...

      The wise one see...

      ...that the only way to deal with the (inner) child... ...is to fully welcome it... with open arms... to hug it... to completely, fully, unconditionally accept it... ...to conditionally love it...

      And... ...in welcoming this (inner) child fully... the life becomes worth living... for the first time... again...

      The wise one sees...

      ...that each of these three sides...
      ...the inner joyous child,
      the (critical) voice in head,
      ...the wise, compassionate, kind one...

      ...are present in each of us...

      They might be more of less active...
      more or less prominent... that's all...

      The wise one sees...
      ...each one of these... ...also inside himself/herself...