Wednesday, October 18

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20 5:39 AM

      Wow! What happened to the 200 post days? There were lots of posts
      involving personal confrontation; they're not included.

      All places of worship are symbols
      of the One Beloved.
      Bow your head when you see a temple,
      and salute when you see a mosque.

      When the flowers of the church, mosque and
      temple gather together,
      Spring will blossom forth
      in Your garden, O Lord.

      -- Sant Darshan Singh,
      "A Tear And A Star,"
      SK Publications (from James Bean)

      Carlos (Dwa) is a master storyteller and poet.

      Here below is one of my favorites of his: --Melody

      "In the end -you must know what you are doing.
      Yet you cannot know it as you know a formula or technique.
      It cannot be a method or a ceremony.
      Yet it must be biologically sacred.

      It must be the enactment of your highest internal aspiration
      without formulation by the mind.
      It must be an enhancement,
      an extension of awareness
      of the transcendent medium,
      a luminous flow of consciousness
      into the vector of bliss.

      When this movement is apparent
      it is a natural thing.
      It is a thing that is a mystery,
      yet the potential within
      knows what to do.
      You must enjoyin it.
      Enjoin it with all the purity of
      passion for the highest good for all.

      So receive the kiss
      from the living beyond,
      and unfold in time apparent
      -into time sublime.

      Realize once more
      the heart of innocence
      and let that which you find
      unseemly in yourself
      blow away in that gracious breeze
      that flows forth from eternity.

      No larva can know it's goal
      no seed it's flower,
      no aspirant the form and nature
      of that for which they long."

      I'm too busy living NOW. Why should I try to twist my mind into
      the unbelievable shapes of thoughts about no-mind? Why should I
      exhaust my mind in trying to transcend itself?

      The examples you give are modern Koans - only camouflaged as
      truth. Thruth is not in the Koans, the Koans intend to bring the
      mind to it's knees.

      But you (and many others in the NDS) repeat the Koans as if they
      contain any substance, as if it created something valuable, when
      they are repeated in all different shapes and colors.

      When the mind is on it's knees there is no use for any Koan
      anymore - except perhaps to test whether the other is asleep or

      But the fact, that you (and many others in the NDS) are so
      persistently clinging to the nondual talks, questions and
      answers, is telling it's own story.

      And the way you are doing it - giving each other attention and
      confirming the ones who happen to have the same opinion as
      oneself - is shouting the same story from every second email.

      Mutual confirmation.

      You are not free from "nonduality".

      The truth I see is that there either is the intent to maintain
      the continuity of the observer-entity or that intent is not

      If there is, there is the seeking of the observer to be right,
      to define others to play off against, to demonstrate having
      something. It's then me against you, me against not-me.

      This drama thrives on drama, replicates tensions.

      All this activity keeps "me" going, keeps the drama of something
      against nothing.

      Without that focus on "something", on the "other", there is just
      this space.