#5037 - Saturday, September 28, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2013
      #5037 - Saturday, September 28, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Inline image 1

      Galen Sharp, Robert Wolfe, Dhanya Moffitt, and Ellen Emmet are featured

      Another shout out for the interview with Galen Sharp, author of What Am I? A Study in Non-Volitional Living, which may be heard with visual content on YouTube:

      Topics include Wei Wu Wei, Douglas Harding, Paul Reps, sculpture, of course nonduality, Gospel of Thomas, Galen's life, and things that can't be put into words, namely a personality and a presence.

      There are two more parts to this interview which will be uploaded in coming days.

      "The most important element of self realization is the dissolution of the notion of me and all else that's not me." - Robert Wolfe

      Robert Wolfe | Quenching the Thirst: Fundamentals of Nonduality

      Dhanya Durga Moffitt

      I think one the most difficult things for spiritual people to get is that the recognition of the truth of existence is not actually a gain of a new experience. But rather it is just recognizing what has always been true, but which was previously misconstrued.

      People want magical experiences, they want ecstasy, they want whatever it is they want, whatever they think 'enlightenment' or moksha is. And of course, since one is convinced one exists as a separate individual--subject to birth, death and change, well this enlightenment thingy has got to be something different from the experience I'm already having.

      Guess what! It isn't. You think you are having an experience in which all things have their own separate existence, including you, but that isn't actually true.

      Today at Swami Dayananda's ashram in Pennsylvania I met a very sweet woman who spent 25 years living at Muktananda's ashram in the Catskills.

      When speaking of Swami Dayananda, all this lady could say was, "He has so much shakti!"

      Shakti????? I never think of Swamiji like that. Surely love, compassion, clarity, brilliance, forbearance, and yes, energy, but shakti? I don't think so.

      We seek for the new, the far out, the different, the powerful, the experience that will blow us away, and truly truly, you cannot be more what you want to be than you are right now. The reality of the world cannot be more what you would like it to be than it is right now.

      The world is you. It's being is the beloved. Your being is the beloved. You are what you always wanted to be, and in a sense even more, because you never end.

      Ellen Emmet

      The belief in separation lives in unfounded conceptual interpretations of our experience; but it also and especially hides in less visible and irrational layers of feeling in the body. This level is often overlooked in the contemporary teaching of Advaita. It seems we are willing to look at our thinking in the light of our true nature but less open to offering our body to that very same light. Yet how can the body-mind be re-orchestrated by this understanding if unseen identifications are still operating at the level of feelings? Both activities of investigating the mind and the body are sacred and natural. Neither come from a person. They come from the Invisible; they are the beautiful gesturing of Presence back towards Itself.