#5032 - Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2013
      #5032 - Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      One The Magazine, Nonduality Network Talk Radio, and Emptiness and Joyful Freedom are on tap in this issue.

      I love One The Magazine. There's even an article by a guy with my name (and experiences). It's a juicy issue. And One is a unique offering in the world of nonduality, a true online magazine with professional publishing standards. Here's a blurb from the magazine:

      The new issue of OneTheMagazine is online now, with some powerful personal accounts of nondual realization, including Nonduality Highlights very own Jerry Katz. Other featured authors are Eckhart Tolle, Yolande Duran-Serrano, author of the book, Silence Heals, and an essay from Igor Kufayev, "Vibrant Self," on science, nonduality, and the human body.

      Also check out recent books, music, and movies of nondual influence, and special offerings from Sounds True.

      Inline image 2

      Nonduality Network Talk Radio for
      Wednesday, Sep 25, 2013 : 12:30-1:30PM Eastern Time.

      Mandee and I are going to be making calls this week! Tune in to hear Greg Allen Morgoglione talk about "living your lyrics" as a musician, and check out Alice the Canine Messiah.

      BTW, have you seen that clip going around with Louis CK? Put your cell phone down and turn your radio on...  oops, unless you listen to the show on your phone?!?

      But seriously folks, if you're feeling it, you can call in between 1 and 1:30pm EST and chat with us about what can't be spoken. Take part in the world's first and only nonduality talk radio program. Tell us a story, tell us a joke. But most importantly, tune in, sit back, and enjoy.

      Tune in at http://ckdu.ca
      For more info http://nonduality.net

      Inline image 3

      Emptiness and Joyful Freedom

      by Greg Goode and Tomas Sander

      The pinnacle of Buddhism's understanding of reality is the emptiness of all things. Exploring reality towards the realization of emptiness is shockingly radical. It uncovers an exhilarating freedom with nowhere to stand, while engendering a loving joy that engages the world.

      This path-breaking book employs the emptiness teachings in a fresh, innovative way. Goode and Sander don’t rely solely on historical models and meditations. Instead, they have created over eighty original meditations on the emptiness of the self, issues in everyday life, and spiritual paths. These meditations are guided both by Buddhist insights and cutting-edge Western tools of inquiry, such as positive psychology, neuroscience, linguistic philosophy, deconstruction, and skepticism.

      The result is a set of liberating and usable tools for Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike.

      This Book in a Nutshell

      The goal of this book is to introduce the reader to “emptiness,”
      which is the pinnacle of Buddhist understanding of reality.
      To realize something as empty means to realize that it does not exist in the
      solid, self-contained way that we attribute to it. This insight about
      how things exist often seems abstract or inconsequential at first,
      but it is surprisingly profound. It can entirely transform how we
      experience ourselves and our place in the world. In fact, realizing
      emptiness is closely linked to achieving “enlightenment,” which for
      Buddhism is the ideal outcome of human development.
      The benefits of understanding emptiness, even partially,
      include a deep sense of freedom and connectedness with the
      world. This deep sense overcomes the alienation that many of us
      (post-)moderns feel. When we understand emptiness,
      we experience an unshakable ease and lightness in life.
      For thousands of years, these benefits have inspired people to take up the study
      of emptiness.

      The most significant challenge to understanding emptiness is
      practical. The emptiness teachings can be hard. They proceed by
      taking a very precise look at our experience. They identify and
      correct the errors we make about things. This process is a subtle,
      often demanding undertaking. The main reason we have written
      the present book is to make the emptiness teachings and their
      benefits more accessible. We approach this by creating meditations
      based on modern Western culture, that is, on ideas with which you
      may already be familiar with. Some of these meditations might also
      be called experiments, investigations or analyses. Using Western
      material to teach emptiness is the major innovation of this book. By
      presenting emptiness outside of its traditional cultural packaging
      we hope to make its profound benefits also relevant to people who
      may not consider themselves to be Buddhists.

      We hope that through reading this book you will:
      1) understand what the emptiness teachings are about,
      2) taste experientially what emptiness is like,
      3) discover how these teachings can help you live a more
      satisfying life,
      4) learn how to use some powerful Western meditation tools
      to deepen your insight.

      A Quick Taste

      We all have tastes of emptiness, even if we don’t study this teaching.
      A taste of emptiness is an experience in which we realize that
      something doesn’t exist in the exaggerated way we had thought.
      As a result, the thing seems much lighter. It seems sweeter, more
      flexible, more alive and richer with possibilities.

      ~ ~ ~

      Get Emptiness and Joyful Freedom, the ebook, from the publisher: http://non-dualitypress.org/products/emptiness-and-joyful-freedom-e-book-edition