#5020 - Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2013
      #5020 - Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      -----------------------------------

      NONDUALITY NETWORK TALK RADIO - Real, live, FM radio!

      Our radio show airs live Wednesday, September 11, from 12:30 to 1:30PM EST.

      Time zone converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

      Listen at http://ckdu.ca

      Call-in number: 1-902-494-2487

      Or use Skype to call us. Our id is nondualitynetwork.

      Mandee just got back from a two week retreat with Francis Lucille. I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it, so I'll wait till we're on the air.

      We'll be taking your calls.

      Join us for spontaneous, unedited conversation on real FM radio.

      If you can't listen to the whole show, I'll post a link to an archived copy a few hours after the show airs.
      net
      Past shows may be heard at http://nonduality.

      ----------------------------------

      Identifying the self as the ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ is the main hindrance

      By: Santthoshkumaar Kumaar on Sep 09, 201

      http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/philosophy/identifying-the-self-as-the-i-or-i-am-is-the-main-hindra#

      But he who is truly wise always sees the absolute Self. Celebrated, he is not delighted. Spurned, he is not angry. Pure of heart, He watches his own actions As if they were another's. How can praise or blame disturb him? - Ashtavakra Gita 3:9-10

      Nonduality means literally not two. They could have said one, but the scriptures never use the word ‘one.’ They say non-duality, not two. And this is very significant, because if one says use one, the two is implied, it becomes a positive statement. If one says there is only one, he is asserting something positive.

      The moment one says one, the two is implied; because one can exist only by the side of two. The truth is one. Secondly, about the totality, one cannot assert anything positive, he cannot say what it is. At the most he can say what it is not, he can negate. One cannot say directly, because once he says something directly, it becomes defining, it becomes a limitation. When one simply says it is 'not two,' there is no boundary – the implication is infinite.

      Just as salt fully pervades seawater, so the universe produced in consciousness is permeated by consciousness through and through.

      One cannot point to the Brahman with a finger, because his finger will become a limitation. Then Brahman will be where his finger is pointing and nowhere else.

      Gnani is free from all attachment of the duality even though he is in the midst of duality, because he is fully aware of the fact that the experience of duality is created out of nondual material. He directs the serious seekers towards the ultimate end. The ultimate truth which cannot be expressed by words but one has to grasp it mentally.

      In the transcendental truth there is no origination, and in fact, there is no destruction. The inner most self is in the form of consciousness. Consciousness is like the sky, which has neither origination nor cessation, and mind, which is in the form of the universe, is like it, and therefore they are of the same nature.

      The one who knows that the one which has name & form is not the self, for him there’s no sense of me and mine, and he is fully aware of the fact that birth, life and death are attached to the name and the form, thus pleasure and misery are reality for the name and form. Thus one who is fully aware of the fact that the self has no form and name and all the name and form are mere mirage created out of it, is deservedly called a Gnani.

      How does one attain wisdom? How does liberation happen? What is truth and what is untruth? How the universe is an illusion? Seekers of truth are trying to find answers.

      What is the use of knowing about everything else when one do not yet know the true fact that the self is not ‘I’ or ‘I AM’. The ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ is the main hindrance in the pursuit of truth.

      If one wants liberation then he has to renounce the experience of duality, which he is experiencing as reality, by realizing the true “Self” is not physical but the true self is soul, which is in the form of consciousness. One has to realize that fact that the three states are mere mirage created out of consciousness. Thus one has to accept the untruth as poison, and take the truth as nectar. Soul, the innermost Self, is neither the person nor universe. To attain liberation, one has to know the “self” as the witness, conscious of all three states.

      "If one can separate the “self’ mentally from the three states, and rest in consciousness, then that very moment he will be free from experiencing the duality as reality.

      The soul, the innermost self, does not belong to any religion because it is formless. Holding the self as physical, is the cause of the ignorance. Self is not perceived by the eyes or other senses. The soul, the innermost self, is unattached and without form, it is the witness of the whole universe, which is in the form of mind.

      Religion and atheism, happiness and misery -- all are of the mind, which is in the form of the universe. Universe or mind is merely an object to the formless Self. Self is not the doer nor the enjoyer, it has always been liberated because it is formless.

      The seeker of truth is embarking on a rare journey. It is the inner journey or mental journey. It is a journey from form to formless or objects to the subject or from ignorance to wisdom or from illusion to reality, a journey without the body and the world. Purely mental journey with deeper thinking and reasoning to teach the core of the true existence to realize the true ‘SELF’ is not from (body or ego) but the true ‘SELF’ is formless Atman or soul or consciousness. The consciousness is our innermost self, and it is not an individual because it pervades in everything and everywhere in all the three states. When ‘SELF’ is not an individual it is erroneous to inquire “Who am ‘I’? “ because the question is limited individuality.