#5018 - Sat/Sun Sep 7/8, 2013 - Editor: Dustin LindenSmith

  • Dustin LindenSmith
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2013
      #5018 - Sat/Sun Sept 7/8 2013 - Editor: Dustin LindenSmith

      This issue starts with a short poem by Mark Otter. He uses processed foodstuffs in place of the traditional Zen staff to induce awakening:

      There is no season,
      There is no reason to be…
      If you're wandering,
      Come sit by me.
      If you're wondering,
      Come sit at my feet.
      I'll throw broken crackers
      At you until you see.
      -- Mark Otter

      Robert V. Burke sent us a thoughtful response to my issue from last week which featured a dialogue with Charlie Hayes. Whenever he finds himself possessed of a strong sense of "being a doer," he told me that he often takes a dose of this passage (which is itself a dialogue with Nisargadatta) to remind him what's what.

      Below, you'll see Robert's intro to that dialogue with Nisargadatta, which also includes one of Bob Seal's nonduality cartoons.

      With thanks to Robert,
      Dustin.