#5017 - Friday, September 6, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2013
      #5017 - Friday, September 6, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      imanol osácar

      Take a look at this teacher. Mainly in Spanish, but has some of his early books translated into English. Worth taking a look, highly recommended. Made a 7 day retreat with him couple of weeks ago and I can say it really changed everything for me. Still processing the experience, but his way of describing states and their limits is priceless. Never seen anyone speaking about those topics in such concise terms.

      Being an English group, I guess not many people may be aware of his work and teachings.

      http://www.vedantaadvaita.com/cms/en/mediateca?Dir=Media+Library+in+English%2FTexts

      Hope you like it.

      Robin Clark

      If we draw upon a descriptive language of imagery it can lead us into the imaginative realm of consciousness. This will take us beyond the discursive realm of storytelling into the realm of phenomenology: the language of disclosure that Coleridge called “The best part of human language”.

      Words become a vibrational mediator to “Awaken the Soul,” which is itself linguistically coded, and this creates an internal, universal phenomenon, a potentiation of language, stimulating a state of expanded awareness. This penetrating language re-connects us to that inner voice we call the soul creating subtle changes of awareness inside us and this subtle transformation places us somewhere else other than the intellect and senses; in other words, we are put into contact with the intuitive, dynamic realm.

      A new kind of awareness gently rises to the surface of our consciousness – it comes up all by itself – and a different kind of logic begins to take form, known as Polar Logic: “...the exactness of the understanding, not blurred or cancelled, but pierced to its empty heart at each moment, by the energy of imagination as the bearer of related qualities” (Coleridge).

      This imaginative logic is the antithetical unity of matched or paired opposites (Soul & Ego or Heaven & Earth) stimulating a form of consciousness that has to perceive polarically rather than in the usual linear fashion.

      Sounds complicated but this is poetry! This is life. The nature of Nature. The suchness of what is. 'Tis love itself.

      Example:

      Once there existed no reason for our happiness.
      Long before this time, the natural flow of laughter bubbled endlessly from life’s eternal spring that quenched our timeless soul. And there was no measurement of time, for all days followed as you led the way into your own life.

      Life was a melange of moments, yet it was a constant river, and we all danced in rhythm to the songs in our heart. We climbed impossible mountains and birthed improbable worlds right before the eyes of the blind and in gaze of the king’s persuasion.

      We were magicians, conjurers of our own fantastic dreams.
      We lived in worlds within worlds, which emperors could not conquer.
      And we did not measure and we did not count. For what happiness can come from such a thing?

      So we danced and sang and shrilled and smiled, laughed and skipped through every moment of each everlasting day. And we promised ourselves never to become like the dead who wore a veil, like a grave mound upon their heart, and a cloak of sadness they did drape across their eyes.

      ~ ~ ~

      More Robin Clark's writings are here: http://www.amazon.com/Robin-Craig-Clark/e/B00491F5HO

      Swami Sarvabhutananda

      The essence of non duality is to understand 'ekamevaadviteeyam Brahma.Tat Brahma tvamasi'
      There IS only one without the second and that is Brahma and Brahma is YOU!