#5012 - Friday, August 30, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2013
      #5012 - Friday, August 30, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      -------------------------------------

      Our most recent Nonduality Network Talk Radio show, with guest Jeff Warren http://jeffwarren.org/about may be heard here:

      http://nonduality.net/28august2013.mp3

      Our next show, Wednesday September 4, at 12:30 EST, will feature Highlights editor, jazz musician, writer and food critic, father of three, Dustin LindenSmith LIVE in the studio. Mark your calendar now and let us know any questions you have for Dustin.

      More Peppers

      by Rafael Stoneman
      *

      You have been living in a house.
      Now you wish to move out of the house.
      You want more space.
      But is not the house already in space?
      *
      Need you get rid of your body or your thoughts
      in order to be free?
      If freedom depends on getting rid of anything,
      can it really be free?
      *
      Is it that you are attached to your body or is it that
      your body is attached to you?
      And what after all is attachment?
      Is the head attached to the neck?
      Is the grass attached to the dirt?
      Is the fish attached to water?
      Is attachment not natural?
      *
      You have been trying to fit into an image of yourself
      but you are just too big to fit.
      Just as you can no longer wear the pants you wore at age 10,
      you can no longer wear the mask you wore yesterday.
      Can you walk around headless and see through eyes of timeless love?
      *
      The doorway into your unimagined nature is too narrow for your imagination to fit through. In other words. you are either interested in reality or in fantasy in this very moment. Which is it?
      *
      Hardship brings a kind of surrender, a giving up of a feeling of will. Life brings hardship like this so that It can shake the tree of its deadwood and then build a temporary nest in your Heart to nurture some good eggs that will hatch into a bit of love and light for the world.
      *
      Do not ask to suffer and do not ask not to suffer. Just accept what life has prepared for you. Nothing less. Nothing more.
      *
      I once felt that I wanted You to fly me around on Your back. Now I know that I just want to be grounded in You.
      *
      These forms won’t live forever. This formlessness will. Therefore, plant all seeds in the soil of formlessness.

      - rafael

      http://ah-nonprofit.com/2013/08/28/more-peppers/

      Burning Man is happening.

      http://burningman.com

      What Is Burning Man?

      Once a year, tens of thousands of participants gather in Nevada's Black Rock Desert to create Black Rock City, dedicated to community, art, self-expression, and self-reliance. They depart one week later, having left no trace whatsoever. Burning Man is also an ever-expanding year-round culture based on the Ten Principles:

      Burning Man Founder Larry Harvey wrote the Ten Principles in 2004 as guidelines for the newly-formed Regionals Network. They were crafted not as a dictate of how people should be and act, but as a reflection of the community's ethos and culture as it had organically developed since the event's inception.

      Radical Inclusion
      Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.

      Gifting
      Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.

      Decommodification
      In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.

      Radical Self-reliance
      Burning Man encourages the individual to discover, exercise and rely on his or her inner resources.

      Radical Self-expression
      Radical self-expression arises from the unique gifts of the individual. No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.

      Communal Effort
      Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.

      Civic Responsibility
      We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.

      Leaving No Trace
      Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.

      Participation
      Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, can occur only through the medium of deeply personal participation. We achieve being through doing. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.

      Immediacy
      Immediate experience is, in many ways, the most important touchstone of value in our culture. We seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and a recognition of our inner selves, the reality of those around us, participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers. No idea can substitute for this experience.