#5010 - Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2013
      #5010 - Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Inline image 1

      Nonduality Network Talk Radio is on the air today, Wednesday, August 28 from 12:30PM to 1:30PM EST. Listen at http://ckdu.ca

      Our in-studio guest will be Jeff Warren. Mandee will be joining us from California via Skype. We won't be taking calls from listeners for this show. This will be a live, unedited interview. Anything goes.

      Jeff recently spoke at the Science and Nonduality Conference in The Netherlands. The abstract of his talk partly reads,

      "If nonduality is going to be taken seriously by the intellectual mainstream – and it should be, both for the scientific insights it promises and its potential to help address human suffering – then accounts of nonduality need to become more honest and more creative. They need to reflect the real richness and complexity of being a (mostly) selfless human on the 21st century street.

      "How does nonduality affect your sex life? Your marriage? Your kids? Your Smartphone addiction and your antidepressant meds? What does it feel like to get drunk? To get beat up? (not a hard to imagine scenario). It’s not only that nondual content needs to become more honest and creative, so does its form. Where are the nondual hip-hop artists and documentary filmmakers and interface designers? For nondual insights to maximize their helpfulness, The One needs to join the parade of The Many, the messy relative world where the rest of us live and love and play."

      This discussion could go places no nonduality interview has dared to go. I'm not kidding.

      Here's a little more about Jeff:

      Jeff is the author of The Head Trip (Random House 2007). He won Gold and Silver medals at the 2012 Canadian National Magazine Awards for his feature “Whale Rising,” and another Gold medal in 2011 for his piece on the fashionable jungle brew ayahuasca,”The Tourists of Consciousness.”

      Jeff has written for The New York Times, The New Scientist, Discover, Reader’s Digest, The Walrus, Maisonneuve, The National Post and The Globe and Mail. He is a founding producer of CBC Radio’s The Current, has written and produced a bunch of shows for CBC’s Ideas, and has done a few random TV gigs as well.

      For the past 10 years Jeff has been working on a book about about the experience of advanced meditation and the outer frontiers of human exploration. Tentatively entitled Unfixed, the idea is to present a lucid bullshit-free account of how spiritual practice is a radical and thrilling inquiry into the nature of self and reality.

      Join Jeff Warren, Mandee, and me as a new wave of radio carries nonduality into the streets, floods the basements, and shows up on the kitchen table in a glass next to the orange juice.

      Nonduality Network Talk Radio: Wednesday, August 28 from 12:30PM to 1:30PM EST. Listen at http://ckdu.ca