#5003 - Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013

      #5003 - Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Listen to Nonduality Network Talk Radio, Wednesday, August 21 from 12:30 - 1:30PM EST
      With Mandee Labelle and Jerry Katz.

      Check your local time here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

      Listen at http://ckdu.ca

      Call-in using Skype. Our id is nondualitynetwork

      Or use the phone. Our number is 1-902-494-2487

      Let us know what's going on with you, what you're looking at outside your window, what you're reading, or just call and be part of the show. You don't need a reason.

      Our website and archive of shows is at http://nonduality.net

      Kicking the lazy separate self butt....

      "There is no doer" is not the same as "there is nothing to do".

      There is no doer might be taken by the personal construct, the body-
      mind organism still under the impression of being a separate individual
      that there is nothing to do.

      So the statement there is no doer is taken as a concept. And a position
      is taken in regards to this statement. The interpretation often leads
      to passivity, complacency, and a quiet desperation.

      I can't do anything is not what is meant...

      There is no doer, is a description of how it already is.
      And the invitation is to investigate,
      is to find in your own experience that what
      this concept is pointing at, if it is true.

      So in a way the concept there is no doer invites, asks the reader
      to look, to investigate, to do something.
      It invites the beingness you are already, but which is wrapped up in
      wrong concepts, to start questioning this individual you think
      you are.

      If this thirst for reality takes over it can be intense, passionate
      and as it takes over more and more, it is seen and recognized
      that the beingness, oneness has been there from beginning to start.
      It is the One looking for Itself.

      The search is not a person trying to find enlightenment,
      It is Oneness trying to wriggle Itself out of the confines of
      this personal construct.
      All the beliefs which tells you
      right now that you are an individual,
      separate and independent.

      Actually Beingness would love to
      kick your lazy separate self butt seriously
      so you can finally start questioning this false identity.

      ~ ~ ~

      More from Anamika, including her striking photographs, here: http://noname-allthereis.blogspot.in/

       Here's a dialogue from Nonduality Salon:

      Can I please get on overview, a summation, a practical suggestion or some guidance to effect change in my life. These theoretical discussions are indeed fascinating, but my real relationship to non-duality is one of pretense and inauthenticity; it's application to everyday life remains elusive, and all I want is a taste. Is anybody listening? Please?
      "Seeking" Peace,

       Sandeep responds:

      Hi

      Who on earth has told you that non-duality......is a formula........and there is another formula to be learnt to apply the previous formula in given situations?

      Non-Duality has become another hackneyed premise........whose universality is to be debated, discussed, churned and application strategies to be arrived at.

      A relationship to or with non-duality......is the very duality.

      Aka, there seems to be a "you"......and there is this doctrine of non-duality proclaimed by half-assed Gurus of today's times.

      To see that the conclusion " my real relationship to non-duality is one of pretense and inauthenticity"........is an arising, persisting and dissipating thought of such a conclusion.

      To see that thought creates.........and invests in it's hoopla, by inferring a thinker......separate from the thought.

      In the very creating of something as non-duality.......the sense of a duality, is created.

      No, relationship can ever be created with Advaita (a term whose translation is Not-Two)

      There is no application of Advaita, to either mundane day to day living.......or to so called evolved spiritual living.

      In and as the very mundane living that is taking place........as and through a thought creation popularly known as "D__".....is the very Advaita in seeming expression.

      In and as the very doing.......whether it is picking your nose.........drinking some coffee......deceiving your spouse......conning a customer to book a sales........in giving a dollar in charity to a hobo at the corner....

      ...in the reading of Non-dual stuff and participating in such forums...

      ....the seeing that....never has duality got created.......in and as any of such actions.

      That there is a sense of an actioning (whatever be the content of the action).........but there is never any discrete-ness getting created in that very actioning.

      That no matter how it appears to be like.......seems like........a divisiveness is never created.

      A prattling.......

      Advaita, which is non-division-ness……… doesn't allow any story to be held and maintained.

      Why not?

      Because any story requires divisions to be considered as if real……for example… the story-teller… and that about which a story is being told.

      Or the past of the story-teller……… in contrast with the present and future.

      Or, the way one experience or idea affects the story-teller…….. in contrast with another.

      This means that "nonduality" as a concept is necessarily expendable.

      Because any concept involves the story that produced that concept ……and to which that concept refers.

      Nonduality as a concept……….. already involves a story of duality ……..and that which is not duality.

      Once there is an involvement…..in constructing definitions…….. there is a producing of a story.

      The activity that constructs storying is intrinsic to the object popularly known as "humans".

      There are all kinds of stories that go to make a human.

      Aka, the story of birth and death….. of family……. of society…….. of pain and pleasure…

      ….. of sex…….. of violence……. of love……. of rejection…….. of having…….. of losing…

      …… of emotional reactions... etc.

      Every religion involves its story…….. as does every teacher and teaching……. every culture.

      Even the story ………that there is no story…….. is a story.

      One holding no story……… AND..... not holding the story of having no story……. is neither engaged nor disengaged.

      Is……. not involved ……..nor indifferent…….as there isn't any story to be indifferent to or indifferent about.

      Let-Gone…….. if it is not a story about letting go…… is simply the stillness ………of no story being constructed.

      Including the story of something as stillness.

      I've been reading and enjoying the highlights for years and I really
      appreciate the time and effort you have all put into it.

      Thank you very much.

      best,
      Dave Benstead

      NDH [Nonduality Highlights]