#4999 - Thursday, August 15, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2013

      #4999 - Thursday, August 15, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      I asked from the almond tree to talk about God and the almond tree just bloomed.

      ~ Nikos Kazantzakis

      The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to
      twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of
      ourselves we find in them.

      ~Thomas Merton

      Alan Larus Photography

      "In order to avoid confusion and frustration, it is absolutely necessary to
      understand that there is really no psychological 'time' at all. The religious, the
      evolutionary books have told us that we need time to improve, to change from
      What-is to What-should-be. The distance is time, and we have unfortunately
      been following this pattern blindly, without questioning. Hence the confusion,
      the frustration, the pain in life. The understanding, the Self-realization, can
      never come tomorrow. It can only be now or never. In fact, there is no 'never',
      only 'now'. "

      ~Ramesh Balsekar (from his book, "Confusion No More")
      http://www.advaita.org/

      Alan Larus Photography

      For things to reveal themselves to us, we need to be ready to abandon our views
      about them.

      ~Thich Nhat Hanh

      The whole idea is to be silent. Not to add affirmations or words to your
      garbage pail. It is already filled with garbage. By garbage I mean,
      preconceived ideas, dogmas, opinions, samskaras from previous lives, you're
      filled with these things and you are a reacting machine, you react, that is what
      you do all day is react, react, react. Therefore when you try to learn more
      knowledge and you read more books all you're doing is adding on to the garbage
      pail. Of course most of you realize, the highest truth is to delete, not to add.
      To get rid of the things you believe in now. So empty yourself out totally and
      completely. All of your ideas, your feelings, all have to be emptied out of you.
      When you become totally and completely empty there is nothing you have to do
      to fill it up again. Emptiness is realization. Emptiness is Brahman. Emptiness is
      the Self. Emptiness is your real nature.

      ~ Robert Adams

      Everything is new now for me.
      My mind is new, the moon, the sun.
      The whole world looks rinsed with water,
      washed in the rain of I am That.

      Lalla leaps and dances inside the energy
      that creates and sustains the universe.

      ~ Lalla
        14th Century North Indian mystic