#4992 - Wednesday, August 7, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2013

      #4992 - Wednesday, August 7, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Mandee and I want to thank the listeners and callers to our Nonduality Network Talk Radio show yesterday. Not all callers could get through, some for technical reasons, and for those people we hope to facilitate a better connection next week. Calls came from Panama, Croatia, San Diego, Virginia, and even our home base in Nova Scotia. Thanks for all your support. Watch for another show next Wednesday at 12:30PM EST.

      "Myth is related to dream as the deeper zones of the sea to the shallows. In myth, as in dream, it is the secret of the inner world that comes to us, but the deepest secret, and from profundities too dreadful to be lightly known. Out of our own depths arise the forms; but out of regions where man is still terrible in wisdom, beauty, and bliss. This Atlantis of the interior realities is as strange to us as a foreign continent. Its secrets must be learned. And the way of learning is not that of the laboratory and lecture hall, but of controlled introspection."

      Joseph Campbell, "The Art of Reading Myths" (unpublished manuscript that morphed over time into "The Hero with a Thousand Faces")

      (contributed by Greg Allen Morgoglione in the Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NondualityHighlights/)

      Painting as a visual investigation of non-duality

      by Adrian Setterfield

      Date Published: 2013-08-05 - Time: 17:05:45

      My work is a visual investigation into how objects appear in space.

      The basic shapes that make up all forms visible to the eye, are formed by what appear to be lines. Relatively speaking, these lines do not have distinct borders as such, but do have distinct directions. These directions are labelled(conditioned) with words such as ‘curved’, ‘angular’, ‘geometrical’ or abstract without any definite shape/direction etc.

      By exploring the natural and spontaneous way that the body makes marks on a surface it can be seen how random lines can suggest shapes (as in abstract surrealism). Through an exploration of abstraction over a period of time, I attempted to define line as a raw gestural expression. This gradually evolved quiet naturally into a geometrical line, a line that has a definite direction to it. A line that appears spontaneously and yet contains a condition (a direction), the condition being angular.

      Further observation of my environment has revealed that these basic geometrical lines, are actually the shape of forms visible to the eye as the basic forms of any object appearing in space. But seeing that this basic form is naturally inherent as the natural and spontaneous expression of the body, no differentiation can be derived between the body and any object. This points to the illusion that objects in space are thought to be separate from one another. The work(panting) is therefore a visual pointer to the fact of non-duality.

      ~ ~ ~

      see Adrian's art prints here:

      Stray Bullets

      by Pete Sierra

      I don't question whether I'm right, or wrong,
      such considerations are for the insecure.

      Knowledge is the cane of the blind, or
      the necktie of the proper, he who wears it
      wants to impress. Use what I say as you like.
      Practice your aim. Use it as a target, it's not
      my shield.

      Ideas are bullets bouncing off my head.
      They don't belong to me. If one strikes you,
      if you die, count your blessings. It was stray
      bullet ... just a lucky shot!