#4990 - Monday, August 5, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2013

      #4990 - Monday, August 5, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Clinging is to insist on being someone.
      Not to cling is to be free to be no one.

      ~Nagarjuna
      via Daily Dharma by Anipachen

      "In truth, every single moment of our lives presents us with a choice: either
      awaken to the reality of the present moment, or stay sleepy and push
      aspects of that reality away."

      ~Will Johnson, "Full Body, Empty Mind," Tricycle Magazine
      via Daily Dharma by Amrita Nadi

      Peeling the onion of the self, layer after layer.

      The Eesha Upanishad says:

      “Of a certainty, the man who can see all creatures in himself,
      himself in all creatures,
      knows no sorrow…
      pin your faith to the seed of nature,
      stumble through the darkness of the blind,
      stumble though a darkness deeper still.”

      Treading surely through uncertainty, present and grounded in the visionary,
      weeping for joy, united in parting – there is no single self but each as it
      manifests becomes an invisible companion. The room is very crowded
      tonight. And still the question, “but who is this?”

      I have seen Him.
      He was passing by like a drunk.
      "O One," I said, ''Whose face
      Is like a moon, where are You going?"
      "Don't talk," He answered, "follow me."

      I followed Him.
      He started taking fast steps.
      He accelerated so much that
      The wind couldn't reach Him;
      Lightning couldn't catch Him.

      I have been annihilated since I have seen Him,
      Undressed from my existence.
      There remained "I," right in the middle without "me,"
      Like a light in the glass lamp
      That illuminates the earth and sky.

      His grace fills and shines on the heart.
      Heart is purified, becomes the chosen one.
      Anything which shines from His light
      Shines like Him, illuminates everything.

      ~ Rumi
      Divan-i Kebir

      Bright but hidden, the Self dwells in the heart.
      Everything that moves, breathes, opens, and closes
      Lives in the Self. It is the source of love
      And may be known through love but not through thought.
      It is the goal of life. Attain this goal!

      ~ Mundaka Upanishad