#4988 - Friday, August 2, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 3:47 AM

      #4988 - Friday, August 2, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      A Woman Called Vicki

      by Vicki Woodyard

      “Anyway, Roshi and I were drinking a very good, very powerful Chinese liquor. Roshi was dozing off, and I didn't think he was terribly interested in the recording process. But the next morning over breakfast, I asked him what he thought. He said, ‘Leonard, you should sing more sad.’ He meant for me to surrender to the emotions. To accept it.” ~Leonard Cohen

      And so that is one thing I have deeply in common with Leonard. I, too, should write “more sad.” I have been pilloried for doing that, especially by the nondual community. Apparently, it is not the thing to do. But lest we forget, our emotions are God-given and channeled in the right direction, lead us directly into the light. But first we surrender to the darkness. Cohen is the master of that. He takes us, drives us, chauffeurs us, to a place of surrender so deep that the darkness is transmuted into light.

      How else can I write about my life but honestly and scrupulously? Can one bury a child consciously? No, one is in a state of shock. To see a tiny body breathe no more, well, I wouldn’t recommend it to my worst enemy. To have to take the belongings of that small body home from the hospital would wreck the most sincere intention to be above it all. An unfinished bottle of root beer, a few flowers and the effluvia of the last days of a seven year old’s life. I am scarred and healed when I write of moments like this.

      I blast out the words onto the blank screen, screaming at you to have some common sense about awakening, enlightenment and wisdom. Do not think these thirty-somethings can speak to your age-old experience of simply being with who and what you are in the moment. Take your courage in your hand and remain true to what is going on in your life. I dare you.

      The light cannot be parcelled out in required doses called “satsang.” It offends the cosmos to think this would be remotely possible. Everything is happening to everybody at all times. Birth and death and everything in between are owned by us all. When I tell you that emotionally I have been reborn from death into life, you have no reason to believe me. We all lie.

      Sometimes I sit and weep but at other times I am strong and untouched. And sometimes it doesn’t take much for me to just sit on the couch, turn on the TV and forget what a burden we human beings are asked to carry. The skeletal forms with their botoxed lips and grotesquely high heels become something to divert my attention from who I am and who I could be. A being of light, an immortal encased in the persona of a woman called Vicki.

      ~ ~ ~

      Vicki's book can be ordered at the link below.

      http://www.amazon.com/LIFE-WITH-HOLE-IN-IT/dp/1609102770/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348800893&sr=8-1&keywords=life+with+a+hole+in+it

      http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/philosophy/christ-is-not-physical-christ-means-ultimate-truth

      Christ is not physical. Christ means ultimate Truth.

      By: Santthoshkumaar Kumaar

      Many biblical insights lead to non dual Self-awareness. Since people are stuck with the physicalized meaning of the insights it is becomes difficult to grasp the real essence of the Bible.

      Christ is not physical. Christ means ultimate Truth. To know the truth one has to accept the soul, the innermost self as Christ . The soul or Christ has no religion, thus the religion is for those who think Christ is outside of their soul. The insights in the Bible, which is in the form of parables, leads to Self -awareness or Christ consciousness.

      Brahman –means ultimate truth. Sri, Sankara said- Atman is Brahman-, which means soul, is the ultimate reality. Thus, he said world is illusion Brahman alone is real, and everything is Brahman. –spiritually it means the whole experience of diversity[waking] is created out of the soul, and sustained by soul and finally dissolves as soul. Therefore, there is no second thing other than soul/ Brahman, which is non dual.

      Emptiness means-- Buddha’s nature- that is the nature of the soul or consciousness, the innermost self. that is empty of duality (waking). The naked mind is the soul or Christ or Buddha.

      Thus, every religion is indicating the ultimate truth is the formless soul, the innermost self. The seeker of truth follows Christ, not Christianity, because Jesus never followed religion to become one with the Christ( ultimate truth).

      The soul or consciousness is the cause of the universe, and it itself is un-caused. Thus creation and creator are one in essence. That essence is consciousness. Thus consciousness is ultimate truth and ultimate truth is Brahman or God. On the stand point of formless soul or consciousness there is neither creator nor creation.

      Every religionists, yogis and theorist (ignorant) are saying their own accepted truth, over and over again. They are merely propagating their truth, but none of them are able to establish it with certainty, which can be verified here and now, not in the next life or next world.

      That is why Sri Sankara, indicated in Bhaja Govindam says: - [JnanaViheena Sarva Mathena Bajathi na Muktim janma Shatena] - one without knowledge does not obtain liberation even in a hundred births, no matter which religious faith he follows.

      Simply repeating or reading or hearing what scriptures say or whatever god men or guru says does not make one a Gnani. Seeker should not accept anything as truth without verification.

      Buddhism says: all things are illusory and noting exists. However, Advaita avers that it is not so. It says that the universe of course is illusory, but there is Brahman, that exists forming the very substratum of all things.

      Luke 17: 20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, 'Lo here! or, lo there!' for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

      This means that the "kingdom of God" (heaven) is within - it is not a place to be reached, rather the truth of one’s true existence, which is beyond form, time and space.

      The formless soul or consciousness is the innermost self and it is the cause of the form, time and space and it itself is un-caused. Thus soul or spirit is the ultimate truth or Brahman or Christ or Buddha’s nature.

      Corinthians 3:17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

      According to the New Testament, Jesus said to his disciples: ‘To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God; but for others they are in parables, so that seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand’ (Luke, 8:10).While speaking to the multitude in a veiled manner, ‘privately to his own disciples he explained everything’ (Mark, 4:34), and advised them not to ‘throw your pearls before swine’ (Matthew, 7:6).

      Therefore, Self-Knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana is necessary to realize the ultimate truth. Self –Knowledge or Brahma Gnana it is only for those who has intense urge to know the ultimate truth or Brahman or Inner Buddha or Christ.

      That is why Jesus said: - not to ‘throw your pearls before swine’ (Matthew, 7:6). (Swine here means is ignorant).

      Seeker of truth will follow path of truth not Hinduism to become one with ultimate truth or Brahman. Seeker of truth will follow Buddha not Buddhism to get Nirvana.

      Live your life like a child in the house of good parents.
      Rest in the pathless land of your innocence.

      -jk