#4984 - Monday, July 29, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2013

      #4984 - Monday, July 29, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Everything is new now for me.
      My mind is new, the moon, the sun.
      The whole world looks rinsed with water,
      washed in the rain of I am That.

      Lalla leaps and dances inside the energy
      that creates and sustains the universe.

      - Lalla
        14th Century North Indian mystic
      via Along The Way

      Q: "How are you able to smile always?"
      Amma: "I do not depend on anything for my happiness."

      via We Love Amma on Facebook

      "Love and compassion are like the weak spots in the walls of ego. They are
      like a naturally occurring opening. And they are the opening we take.

      If we connect with even one moment of good heart or compassion and
      cherish it, our ability to open will gradually expand. Beginning to tune into
      even the minutest feelings of compassion or appreciation or gratitude
      softens us. It allows us to touch in with the noble heart of bodhicitta on the
      spot."

      ~Pema Chodron

      via Daily Dharma by anipachen

      "It must be immense, this silence, in which words, sounds and movements
      have room, and if one thinks that along with all this the presence of the
      distant sea also resounds, perhaps as the innermost note in this prehistoric
      harmony, then one can only wish that you are trustingly and patiently
      letting the magnificent solitude work upon you, this solitude, this presence
      which can no longer be erased from your life; which, in everything that is in
      store for you to experience and to do, will act an anonymous influence,
      continuously and gently decisive, rather as the blood of our ancestors
      incessantly moves in us and combines with our own to form the unique,
      unrepeatable being that we are at every turning of our life."

      Excerpt from Letters to a Young Poet by RM.Rilke

      Alan Larus Photography

      What will happen in your life if you accept the invitation to stillness cannot
      be known ... what can be known is you will have a larger capacity to truly
      meet whatever appears.
      ~ Gangaji

      Shinrin Yoku is a Japanese term that means "Forest Bathing." It is a
      health-enhancing practice that is introduced in this brief video, courtesy of
      Shinrin-yoku.org. Visit our website and join the coalition to promote this
      wonderful practice and connect more people to nature. It's not just for
      health, it's for our relationships with nature, the type of relationships that
      support sustainable living.