#4981 - Thursday, July 25, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2013
      #4981 - Thursday, July 25, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "The bad news is you're falling through the air, nothing to hang on to, no
      parachute. The good news is there's no ground.”

      ~Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

      via Daily Dharma by Amrita Nadi

      Instead of saying, 'I am uncertain,'
      why not say, 'I am an ocean of possibility'?
      Instead of saying, 'I am confused,'
      why not say, 'I am open and I welcome it all'?

      ~Fred LaMotte

      Silence is the true upadesa (teaching).
      It is the perfect upadesa.  It is suited
      only for the most advanced seeker.  The
      others are unable to draw full inspiration
      from it.  Therefore they require words to
      explain the truth.  But truth is beyond
      words.  It does not admit of explanation.
      All that is possible to do is to indicate it.

      ~Sri Ramana Maharshi

      "Be As You Are"
      The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
      edited by David Godman
      via Along The Way

      When we speak of giving complete, nonjudgmental attention to the present
      moment, accepting what is and allowing it to be as it is, or when we say
      everything is perfect as it, this is sometimes misunderstood. No one is
      saying we shouldn’t identify problems (a flat tire, global warming, alcohol
      addiction, a broken bone), or that we shouldn’t imagine, seek out, or work to
      bring about constructive solutions—if we are so moved. ALL of that is part
      of this seamless and all-inclusive happening. The acceptance that is being
      pointed to is absolutely immediate—right here, right now, not a second or a
      minute from now—and the perfection of what is INCLUDES not only the
      problems but also the noticing of problems, the impulse to fix and heal
      things, and the actions that emerge from those impulses.

      ~Joan Tollifson on Facebook

      "We cannot win this battle to save species and environments without forging
      an emotional bond between ourselves and nature as well - for we will not
      fight to save what we do not love."

      — Stephen Jay Gould

      It is so wonderful to watch an animal, because an animal has no opinion
      about itself.

      ~ Eckhart Tolle

      Let your mantra be the thankyou you would utter
      if your life was saved.

      Just let that be your mantra.
      Today,
      feel that throughout your day and night...
      your life has been saved.

      It has.

      ~Belle Heywood on Facebook