#4975 - Thursday, July 18, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2013
      #4975 - Thursday, July 18, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Everyday Actions and Dharma ~ Dogen Zenji
http://bit.ly/15eRwpL

Those who see worldly life as an obstacle to dharma see no dharma in everyday actions. They have not yet discovered that there are no everyday actions outside of dharma.

Dogen Zenji

quoted in the book "Teachers of Wisdom"
http://amzn.to/15eRvCc

      Those who see worldly life as an obstacle to dharma see no dharma in
      everyday actions. They have not yet discovered that there are no everyday
      actions outside of dharma.

      ~Dogen Zenji

      quoted in the book "Teachers of Wisdom"

      Leonard Cohen said this: "I don’t think there is any other consideration but
      practical. I’ve never been able to disassociate the spiritual from the
      practical. I think that what we call the spirit or spirituality is the most
      intense form of the practical."

      via Vicki Woodyard

      When Nisargadatta was asked if there was a difference between him and
      Ramana he said :" No difference whatsoever, but I am slightly better
      dressed"

      via Sandra Ma on Facebook

      "It is not the circumstances which arise as one's karmic vision that
      condition a person into the dualistic state; it's a person's own attachment
      that enables what arises to condition him. "

      ~Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

      From the book, "The Crystal and The Way of Light"
      via Daily Dharma by anipachen

      "Lovers find secret places inside this violent world, where they make
      transactions with beauty..."
      ~Rumi

      (Monet, 'Blue Water Lilies')
      via Fred LaMotte

      The only way you will ever awaken is through the silence, not through
      analyzation of facts. Not by sorting out good and bad, but through simple
      silence, letting go. Letting go of all thoughts, all the hurts, all the dogmas
      and concepts. Letting go of these things daily.

      ~ Robert Adams

      There is nothing to learn at all (laughter).
Who has to learn?
The person who has to learn doesn't even exist.
It is the ego that wants to learn.
The mind wants to learn.
The ego believes it has to know knowledge.
It has to acquire wisdom.
But you are wisdom.
Wisdom is your real nature.
When the ego is gone then you know because you are the universe.
But the one who wants to know is the ego.

~ Robert Adams

...from 'Does Karma Really Exist?' - January 26, 1992

      There is nothing to learn at all (laughter).
      Who has to learn?
      The person who has to learn doesn't even exist.
      It is the ego that wants to learn.
      The mind wants to learn.
      The ego believes it has to know knowledge.
      It has to acquire wisdom.
      But you are wisdom.
      Wisdom is your real nature.
      When the ego is gone then you know because you are the universe.
      But the one who wants to know is the ego.

      ~ Robert Adams

      ...from 'Does Karma Really Exist?' - January 26, 1992
      via Advaita (Nonduality, Oneness, One Love) on Facebook