#4974 - Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013
      #4974 - Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Here are some recent postings from Facebook:

      Susan Kahn

      I can't even tell you how many times people come into my therapy office feeling dreadful and haven't a clue as to what is really driving their feelings. When the root conditions that create difficult emotions are not understood, they will hold you prisoner.

      If you want to say that thought is all an illusion, know that that too is a thought and that one cannot be free by trying to avoid all thinking. Withdrawal and denial are not the answers. Misunderstanding and misconception need to be addressed with such penetrating insight, that one cannot be fooled anymore.

      Isaac Shapiro

      A friend today mentioned this idea of "You choose your suffering"

      Don't know anyone who wakes up in the morning and says lets see how much I can suffer today.

      Seems to me that suffering occurs because of automatic unconscious habits and that no one does it consciously.

      The idea that You choose it, is a double wammy, which brings up blame, shame and guilt which I have not found useful in exploring and bringing unconscious habits to consciousness

      Laura Caitlin Burke

      "People think that by showing anger they are expressing their emotions. But that is not what it means to be emotional. Anger is a defense mechanism that protects the emotional part of us. The sensitive part of us is our emotional realm, the part that feels the truth about what’s around us. But we’ll show anger before we’ll show that true part of ourselves because we have learned to be embarrassed by it. We’ll get angry because that’s accepted. Sadly, some people even think it is respected. But we won’t show our true emotions, our vulnerability and sensitivity, because that is not accepted. So we have learned to replace those things with anger." - Nehiyawak elder Mary Lee

      Jac O' Keeffe

      "As soon as you notice you are in the story, look at what attracted your attention into the movie that is 'all about you'. What is the juice that gets you back into story? Recognising that hook is more useful even than pulling back to observer. Find out if the juice is good enough and let it all mature so that the juice is not good enough. Then the only thing left is to go within and find out what was always there - Truth."