#4973 - Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013
      #4973 - Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Anonymous Life

      by Vicki Woodyard

      I live what some may think of as an anonymous life. Despite my personal writings, my private life remains just that—private. I don’t do this consciously, though. Forces far bigger than me have this game set up so that if I break the rules, I suffer.

      My ego is very concerned about me. It “suggests” that since I have no social life, I should get one. As if it were that simple. But I listen and sure enough, my wee little mind has ideas about how I will die alone in a rented room if I don’t shake a leg and get me a social network.

      Breathe with me now. You have to admit that much of your life is arranged by that nefarious little schemer called by your name! I It anoints your head with Italian Dressing so that others can eat it. I jest but you get the picture. We are not in charge of our own lives. I have been going to Tai Chi for a year now. Last summer I spent every Wednesday crying after Tai Chi Tuesday. The chi was so anxious to work itself out of my kinked up system that it threatened to rust my pipes by crying on a weekly basis. But now I am settling down a bit.

      I have accepted Wednesday as the day of the week in which I reclaim myself. I wake up with no plans in place. Such a luxury. I may drive to the store but only if the urge overtakes me. What I will probably do is putter. I’ll just wander through the house straightening things like Monk did on the TV show with that name. I like order a lot.

      As an introvert I am reclaiming the inner land. I am squatting on Vicki’s territory and she quite likes it. I see to it that she turns off the phone and allows herself lots and lots of time to sit in silence. The ego has had its day. Now that Act III is underway, let’s just hope it gets fewer and fewer parts to play. I am so tired of her emoting from morning till night.

      Gentle readers, I hope this rambling rose of an essay offered you no thorny thoughts. And if it did, it’s just the opposites trying to rock the boat a wee bit. Just enough to raise the question, “What feeds me, really?” What is my true mission in life? Mine is unfolding word by word. This is it, folks, as far as I can tell. If I suddenly find myself booking a cruise so I can drink margaritas and sit in the sun, I will send you a postcard saying I was wrong. In the meantime, have some pie. And ask yourself, "What is my true mission?"

      ~ ~ ~

      Vicki Woodyard's book, Life With A Hole In It, can be ordered here.

      Dear Friends,

      Our retreat in the Sierra's is coming soon! Our Nondual Awareness Community Gathering will now be starting on the evening of September 4th, instead of September 2nd, which is Wednesday, and traveling through Sunday, September 15th. So glad that many of you will be joining us, as we expect many new friends and old friends, returning to another year in the beauty of the Mountain.

      All are welcome. This year will be hosting people of all ages, including two small families from abroad, students, musicians, professors and friends from all over the country, travelers, etc....

      Please contact Rebecca Smith with your incoming reservations. Thank you everyone who has already completed the reservation process.... and it would be very helpful for anyone else who is still considering attending, to reserve your space a few weeks/month ahead of time with Rebecca. These reservations make life much easier for the Staff and Board of Far Horizons Retreat Center, who will need to aptly prepare for our visit and have proper estimations for the lodging and food accomodations.

      Rebecca's number is...... 619-807-9113. You can catch her any day of the week within normal working hours (Pacific Time) up in the Mountain office.

      My contact number is.....443-465-0091, if you have any lingering questions about the content of the retreat, or you need information about transportation and directions. I am available on this line.

      The lodging availability is here: http://farhorizons.org/reservations/lodging/

      The pricing list too is here online: http://farhorizons.org/reservations/prices/

      You may also want to check the packing list on the Far Horizons website, which carries some very good advice for life at Seven-Thousand Feet in the Sierra Mountains. Such concerns as sunscreen and hiking boots and all the little knicknacks that you may forget are listed on their website!!!

      Erika and I are very excited to share in this communal Un-knowing,

      never before as it is.

      With love and warmth,
      Brendan Smith

      Found this quote again, hidden in the book from Leo Hartong, Awakening to the Dream, which i gave to a friend today. It came tumbling down, as if summoned by a thought i had a few days before.... where is this postcard with this beaufitul quote from Kafka....:

      Remain sitting at your table and listen.
      Do not even listen, simply wait.
      Do not even wait, be quite still and solitary.
      The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked;
      It has no choice;
      It will roll in ecstacy at your feet.

      Franz Kafka