#4969 - Thursday, July 11, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2013

      #4969 - Thursday, July 11, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The joy which is
      in Revelation
      is nowhere else.
      No amount of
      perception
      thinking
      projecting
      planning
      doing
      efforts
      achieving
      every will give you
      that joy
      that radiance
      which Revelation does.

      ~Swami Amar Jyoti

      --------------

      The mystic dances in the sun,
      hearing music others don't.

      "Insanity," they say, those others.
      If so, it's a very gentle,
      nourishing sort.

      ~Rumi

      Version by Coleman Barks
      "Birdsong"
      via Along The Way

      All this time I've been whirling
      in the space between your thoughts
      while you were debating what to name
      this silent wildness:
      He or She? I or Thou? Particle or Wave?
      Come now, be a moth, a petal,
      a fountain in a sunbeam.
      Be the final breath.
      Just dance with me,
      and dissolve.

      ~Fred LaMotte

      "Synchronicity is an ever present reality for those who have eyes to see."

      ~Carl Jung

      Yaşar Koç Photography

      Metempsychosis

      Some stories last many centuries,
      others only a moment.
      All alter over that lifetime like beach-glass,
      grow distant and more beautiful with salt.

      Yet even today, to look at a tree
      and ask the story Who are you? is to be transformed.

      There is a stage in us where each being, each thing, is a mirror.

      Then the bees of self pour from the hive-door,
      ravenous to enter the sweetness of flowering nettles and thistle.

      Next comes the ringing a stone or violin or empty bucket
      gives off --
      the immeasurable's continuous singing,
      before it goes back into story and feeling.

      In Borneo, there are palm trees that walk on their high roots.
      Slowly, with effort, they lift one leg then another.

      I would like to join that stilted transmigration,
      to feel my own skin vertical as theirs:
      an ant-road, a highway for beetles.

      I would like not minding, whatever travels my heart.
      To follow it all the way into leaf-form, bark-furl, root-touch,
      and then keep walking, unimaginably further.

      ~from Given Sugar, Given Salt: Poems, by Jane Hirshfield

      Joan Tollifson writes:

      Someone alerted me recently to an excellent interview with Eckhart Tolle
      on YouTube that I would very highly recommend. It’s about 98 minutes long
      – starts out with a brief bit (about 15 minutes) on a park bench with ET,
      his wife Kim Eng, and the interviewer (a young man)...then moves indoors to
      what I assume is ET’s living room for the rest of the video with just ET and
      the interviewer (and a brief appearance by ET's dog)...there is very little
      from the interviewer; it is mostly ET talking the whole time. The content is
      excellent, and I enjoyed seeing ET in a more informal and casual way than in
      his usual talks before an audience. I love ET and consider him one of the
      very best contemporary teachers. He is deeply grounded in presence and
      able to illuminate the workings of the egoic mind (what obscures the truth)
      with tremendous clarity, and he embodies and points eloquently and simply
      to the boundlessness of aware presence, the ever-present Now. This is
      excellent material:  http://youtu.be/KopmSpe33Eg