#4965 - Friday, July 5, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 10:42 AM
      #4965 - Friday, July 5, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      If you live near Auroville in southern India, or are planning to visit, I highly recommend joining a new meetup group based in Auroville, simply called the Auroville Nondual Meetup Group. It is founded by residents Didier Weiss and Anamika. Here is the description of the group:

      We have just started and are finding our way around. Please join us in what could become a fun and interesting place to meet and hang out.

      Nonduality is about the philosophical, spiritual, scientific but mainly experiential understanding of non-separation and fundamental intrinsic oneness.

      We are passionate about the journey, the exploration of the nature of awareness, the essence of Life from which all arises and subsides.

      The purpose of the group is to bring together all those drawn towards self-discovery and to make it easy to be in contact with others on the same journey.

      Please join us even if you are a casual visitor in our area. It would give a chance for like-minded people to connect with you at your next visit.

      Welcome on board!

      Join and explore more at http://www.meetup.com/Auroville-Nondual-Meetup-Group/

      Robert Wolfe

      Can you relax somewhere comfortably, with no plan, no agenda, no timetable, and with no trace of desire to be in any other place or to do any other thing? Can you be free entirely of the sense of awaiting anything whatsoever? Can you die peacefully and lastingly into the moment of eternity? That is the moment, the limitless moment, where there is freedom from mortal fear.

      You will not find yourself in this relaxed position until there is a natural order in your life. And you will not be open to the unfolding of this order until you perceive unequivocally the implications of your true identity.

      The truth of your identity is to be found in solitude…stillness…emptiness. It is to be found in the moment from which nothing is separable.

      What Robert Wolfe says is very much echoed in Vicki Woodyard's new book which is not yet published but which I read and like very much. It consists of conversations between her and Peter. If anything it is perhaps about resting, the kind of resting Robert speaks of in his first paragraph. A beautiful book.

      And who is Peter? you ask. Peter started the first nonduality website, sentient.org (use the wayback machine to see past issues:

      http://web.archive.org/web/20050208190846/http://www.sentient.org/noscript.html)

      He started his site in 1992 as a bulletin board and inspired my own work in making nonduality available to the people. When Peter became seriously ill with strokes he came to see life and spirituality in a new way.

      The book is about that way. It's full of humor and a vast simple wisdom that is so refreshing and needed in our current culture of nonduality. Vicki and Peter are a pair for the ages.

      You'll be hearing more about Vicki's new book in upcoming issues. Meanwhile, here's her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/vicki.woodyard?fref=ts