#4964 - Thursday, July 4, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2013

      #4964 - Thursday, July 4, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Celebrate true freedom. Freedom from ignorance and hate.

      photo via Lois P. Jones on Facebook

      Only here - in this land of freedom, lies the flower of life: Love. Only here,
      can love be. And: "Without love there is no freedom: without love, freedom
      is merely an idea which has no value at all."

      ~J Krishnamurti

      Matters not what you comprehend, believe, understand, know - or think you
      know. Only, through moment-to-moment awareness of Self, is there
      freedom.

      via Sai Brace on Facebook

      Our thoughts are on Mandela these days as he nears the end of his life.
      Every time I hear his name I think about this exchange between
      former US President Bill Clinton and Mandela.

      "That was pretty smart of you to have your jailers come to the
      Inauguration and all of that, but let me ask you something." I said, "Didn't
      you really hate them for what they did?"

      He said, "Oh, yeah, I hated them for a long time." He said, "I stayed alive
      on hate for 12 years. I broke rocks every day, and I stayed alive on hate."
      And he said, "They took a lot away from me. They took me away from my
      wife, and it subsequently destroyed my marriage. They took me away from
      seeing my children grow up. They abused me mentally and physically. And
      one day," he said, "I realized they could take it all except my mind and my
      heart."

      He said, "Those things I would have to give to them, and I simply decided
      not to give them away."

      And so – so I said to him, I said, "Well, what about when you were getting
      out of prison?" I said, "The day you got out of prison in 1990, it was
      Sunday morning, and I got my daughter up early in the morning, and I took
      her down to the kitchen, and I turned on the television, and she was just a
      little girl then, and I sat her up on the kitchen counter. And I said,
      'Chelsea, I want you to watch this. This is one of the most important things
      you'll ever see in your life.' "

      And I said, "I watched you walk down that dirt road to freedom." I said,
      "Now, when you were walking down there, and you realized how long you had
      been in their prison, didn't you hate them then? Didn't you feel some
      hatred?" He said, "Yes, I did a little bit." He said, "I felt that." And he
      said, "Frankly, I was kind of afraid, too, because I hadn't been free in so
      long."

      But he said, "As I felt the anger rising up, I thought to myself, 'They have
      already had you for 27 years. And if you keep hating them, they'll have you
      again.' And I said, 'I want to be free. And so I let it go. I let it go."
      via Gloria Tiede on Facebook

      The world will never have peace until we all realize every being/organism
      on this planet has the right to exist. Not only do all people deserve to exist,
      but thrive.

      I have friends who are vegan, animal activist and will say things like "close
      the borders, get rid of the damn Mexicans, if they are here illegally and
      they are in this country, they don't deserve to survive. They are not my
      problem, they broke the law, get rid of them." To me this is just complete
      ignorance, but I hold no hostility, because how many times have I been
      ignorant in my life? Thousands, we all have. I used to believe poor people
      were lazy, God how fucking stupid and ignorant was I? My eyes were
      closed, but now I see. Maybe that's why God put me through my whole
      experience with illness.

      I love you all, especially those with bigotry, ignorance and hatred in your
      hearts. Why especially those people? Because I have been you, I am you at
      times and I know you need love most of all.

      I challenge you to explore thoughts that might not be from your higher
      power. Put your hand on your heart and say a belief like "Mexican illegals
      are not my problem, they are breaking they law, if they die, they die." How
      does your body feel, how does your heart feel, bet not too good. Exploring
      our thoughts is how we heal the world, not listening blindly to group
      messages of hate. I invite everybody to explore your thoughts and notice if
      they bring peace to your body and heart. If they don't, I invite you to let
      them go. Peace.