#4959 - Thursday, June 27, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2013

      #4959 - Thursday, June 27, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Slowly, slowly, I tended
      the bellows of my throat,
      and the light inside grew

      and filtered out through
      the dark, so that within
      even it, I saw the truth.

      - Lalla
        14th Century North Indian mystic

      From "Naked Song"
      Versions by Coleman Barks
      via Along The Way

      'To love is to recognize yourself in another.'
      ~Eckhart Tolle

      Alan Larus Photography
      "Mindfulness is mirror-thought. It reflects only what is presently happening and
      in exactly the way it is happening. There are no biases."
      ~ Bhante Gunaratana
      From the Facebook group 'Serious Doubt.'

      "Silent and serene,
      Forgetting words,
      Bright clarity appears before you.
      When you reflect it,
      You become vast,
      Where you embody it,
      You are spiritually uplifted.
      Spiritually solitary and shining,
      Inner illumination inspires wonder,
      Dew in the moonlight,
      A river of stars,
      Snow-covered pines,
      Clouds enveloping the peak...
      What is this wonder?
      Alertly seeing through confusion
      Is the way of silent illumination and
      The origin of subtle radiance."

      From  "Cultivating The Empty Field," published by North Point Press.
      via Daily Dharma by anipachen

      "Q: This is not a one-shot deal, is it? I mean you can open yourself in one context,
      and yet when you find yourself in some other situation suddenly you take hold of a
      mask and put it over your face, even though you really do not want to do it. It
      would seem that achieving complete openness is a difficult thing.
      A: The whole point is that struggle is irrelevant to opening. Once you have stepped
      on the path, if you give up the struggle itself, that takes care of the whole
      problem. Then there is no longer any questions of wanting or not wanting to be
      involved with life-situations. The ape instinct of ego dissolves because it is based
      upon secondhand information rather than upon direct experience of what is.
      Struggle is ego. Once you give up struggle, then there is no one left to conquer
      struggle; it just disappears. So you see, it is not a matter of achieving a victory
      over struggle."
      ~ Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
      From the book, "Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism," published by Shambhala.
      via Daily Dharma

      via Nonduality Highlights group on Facebook by Dua'a Xaman

      "The shaman are waking up.
      This book may remind you that you are a shaman.
      All the world's a stage for your healing show.
      Where will you show up?"
      Sent by a reader:
      I found a beautiful little blog today that had a wonderful video by Tina Turner of
      a song entitled, "Sarvesham svastir bhavatu" and I wanted to share it with you. Ms.
      Turner apparently made this for a project, "Children Beyond 2011." I hope you
      enjoy it!
      The direct Youtube link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XP-f7wPM0A