#4956 - Monday, June 24, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013

      #4956 - Monday, June 24, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      To me you are your own God.  But if you think
      otherwise, think to the end.  If there be God,
      then all is God's and all is for the best.  Welcome
      all that comes with a glad and thankful heart.
      And love all creatures.  This too will take you to
      your Self.
      ~Nisargadatta Maharaj

      via Along The Way

      Everywhere transience is plunging into the depths of Being… It is our task to
      imprint this temporary, perishable earth into ourselves so deeply, so painfully and
      passionately, that its essence can rise again, “invisibly,” inside us. We are the bees
      of the invisible. We wildly collect the honey of the visible, to store it in the great
      golden hive of the invisible.

      —Rainer Maria Rilke
      writing to his Polish translator about writing the "Duino Elegies"

      Painting: Isaac Levitan (Russian, 1860-1900) "Water Lilies," Oil on canvas, 1895.
      http://tmblr.co/ZjYlFymgIr6k

      O my Lord, the stars glitter

      O my Lord,
      the stars glitter
      and the eyes of men are closed.
      Kings have locked their doors
      and each lover is alone with his love.

      Here, I am alone with you.

      By Rabia al-Basri (Rabia al- Adawiyya)
      (717 - 801)

      English version by Charles Upton
      ~~~~~~~~~~

      Rabia, sometimes called Rabia of Basra or Rabia al Basri, was born to a poor
      family in Basra in what is now Iraq. Her parents died of famine and she was sold
      into slavery.

      The story is told that her master one night woke up and saw a light shining above
      her head while she was praying. Stunned, he freed her the next morning.

      Rabia chose a solitary life of prayer, living much of her life in desert seclusion.

      Her fame as a holy woman spread and people began to journey to her retreat, to
      ask advice, to study, to learn.

      Today she is greatly revered by devout Muslims and mystics throughout the world.

      A LOVE POEM FROM THAY

      "The moment I die,
      I will try to come back to you
      as quickly as possible.
      I promise it will not take long.

      Isn't it true
      I am already with you
      in every moment?
      I come back to you
      in every moment.

      Just look,
      feel my presence.
      If you want to cry,
      please cry.
      And know
      that I will cry with you.
      The tears you shed
      will heal us both.
      Your tears are mine.

      The earth I tread this morning
      transcends history.
      Spring and Winter are both present in the moment.
      The young leaf and the dead leaf are really one.
      My feet touch deathlessness,
      and my feet are yours.

      Walk with me now.
      Let us enter the dimension of oneness
      and see the cherry tree blossom in Winter.

      Why should we talk about death?
      I don't need to die
      to be back with you."

      ~Thich Nhat Hanh