#4949 - Sunday, June 16, 2013

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2013

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4949, Sunday, June 16, 2013

      God is not merely transcendent to the world; He is in the world. So everything in the world has to be considered spiritual in its ultimate essence. God is not only in the world, but is the world. He is both immanent and transcendent.

      - Swami Krishnananda, posted to AlongTheWay

      The outside world is not really concerned at all in man's dilemma of suffering. It is all within the fictitious 'me' of personal identity. Realization of this fact is the ultimate Understanding.

      For whoever seeks God in some special way, will gain the way and lose God who is hidden in the way. But whoever seeks God without any special way, finds Him as He really isÂ… and He is life itself.

      - Meister Eckhart, posted to AlongTheWay

      ...you are the perceiving point, the non-dimensional source of all dimensions.

      In a mother's womb were two babies.
      One asked the other: "Do you believe in life after delivery?"

      The other replies, "why, of course.
      There has to be something after delivery.
      Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.

      "Nonsense," says the other.
      "There is no life after delivery.
      What would that life be?"

      "I don't know, but there will be more light than here.
      Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths."

      The other says "This is absurd! Walking is impossible.
      And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous.
      The umbilical cord supplies nutrition.
      Life after delivery is to be excluded.
      The umbilical cord is too short."

      "I think there is something and maybe
      it's different than it is here."

      The other replies, "No one has ever come back from there.
      Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery
      it is nothing but darkness and anxiety
      and it takes us nowhere."

      "Well, I don't know," says the other,
      "but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us."

      "Mother??" You believe in mother? Where is she now?

      "She is all around us. It is in her that we live.
      Without her there would not be this world."

      "I don't see her, so it's only logical that she doesn't exist."

      To which the other replied, "sometimes when you're in silence
      you can hear her, you can perceive her."

      I believe there is a reality after delivery
      and we are here to prepare ourselves for that reality.

      Sherry V Wakeman, posted to The_Now2

      Ready for Silence

      The devotional moon looks into
      the heart and is in the heart.

      When the heart has a Friend like
      you, the universe cannot contain

      their pleasure. Anyone warmed
      by sun feels courage coming in.

      If grief arrives, you enjoy it.
      Generosity: that's your hand in

      my pocket giving your wealth away.
      Yet you run from me like one

      raised in the wild. Here comes
      this strange creature: me, in a
      hands-and-feet shape! The formless
      tries to satisfy us with forms!

      A transparent nakedness wearing
      pure light says, Blessed are those

      who put on gold brocade! You may
      not see him, but Moses is alive,

      in this town, and he still has his
      staff! And there's water and thirst,
      wherever and however water goes, and
      the one who brings water. The morning

      wind broke off a few branches in the
      garden. No matter. When you feel

      love inside you, you hear the
      invitation to be cooked by God.

      It's that creation the heart loves.
      For three winter months the ground

      keeps quiet. But each piece of earth
      knows what's inside waiting: beans,

      sugarcane, cypress, wildflowers. Then
      the spring sun comes talking plants

      into the open. Anyone who feels the
      point of prayer bends down like

      the first letter of pray. Anyone who
      walks with his back to the sun is

      following his shadow. Move into your
      own quietness. This word-search poem

      has found you, ready for silence.

      - Rumi, Ghazal 931, version by Coleman Barks, with Nevit Ergin from The Glance, posted to Sunlight

      come on sweetheart
      let's adore one another
      before there is no more
      of you and me

      a mirror tells the truth
      look at your grim face
      brighten up and cast away
      your bitter smile

      a generous friend
      gives life for a friend
      let's rise above this
      animalistic behavior
      and be kind to one another

      spite darkens friendships
      why not cast away
      malice from our heart

      once you think of me
      dead and gone
      you will make up with me
      you will miss me
      you may even adore me

      why be a worshiper of the dead
      think of me as a goner
      come and make up now

      since you will come
      and throw kisses
      at my tombstone later
      why not give them to me now
      this is me
      that same person

      i may talk too much
      but my heart is silence
      what else can i do
      i am condemned to live this life

      - Rumi Ghazal 1535 translation by Nader Khalili from Rumi, Fountain of Fire, posted to Sunlight