#4946 - Thursday, June 13, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2013

      #4946 - Thursday, June 13, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      To become human
      is to become visible
      while carrying
      what is hidden
      as a gift to others.

      Excerpt from What to Remember When Waking
      River Flow: New and Selected Poems
      ©David Whyte

      Soul and the Old Woman

       "What is the soul?  Consciousness.  The more awareness, the deeper the soul, and when

      such essence overflows, you feel a sacredness around.  It's so simple to tell one who

      puts on a robe and pretends to be a dervish from the real thing.  We know the taste

      of pure water.  Words can sound like a poem but not have any juice, no flavor to

      relish.  How long do you look at pictures on a bathhouse wall?  Soul is what draws

      you away from those pictures to talk with the old woman who sits outside by the door

      in the sun.  She's half blind, but she has what soul loves to flow into.  She's kind, she weeps.

      She makes quick personal decisions, and laughs so easily."

      ~Rumi

      via Daily Dharma by Dainen Kelley

      Photo of Amrita Nadi who started Daily Dharma list on Yahoo.

      Wherever you are, you are one with the clouds and one with the sun and the stars
      you see. You are one with everything. That is more true than I can say, and more
      true than you can hear.

      ~ Shunryu Suzuki

      INature on Facebook

      SECOND SIGHT

      Sometimes, you need the ocean light,
      and colours you’ve never seen before
      painted through an evening sky.

      Sometimes you need your God
      to be a simple invitation,
      not a telling word of wisdom.

      Sometimes you need only the first shyness
      that comes from being shown things
      far beyond your understanding,

      so that you can fly and become free
      by being still and by being still here.

      And then there are times you need to be
      brought to ground by touch
      and touch alone.

      To know those arms around you
      and to make your home in the world
      just by being wanted.

      To see those eyes looking back at you,
      as eyes should see you at last,

      seeing you, as you always wanted to be seen,
      seeing you, as you yourself
      had always wanted to see the world.

      Second Sight
      From Pilgrim
      Poems by David Whyte
      © 2012 David Whyte

      We are all truly blessed with the light of Grace.
      ~ Cathy Ginter