#4937 - Monday, June 3, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2013

      #4937 - Monday, June 3, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      If words come out of the heart,
      they will enter the heart.

      Rumi

      Without opening your door,
      you can open your heart to the world.
      Without looking out your window,
      you can see the essence of the Tao.

      The more you know,
      the less you understand.

      The Master arrives without leaving,
      sees the light without looking,
      achieves without doing a thing.

      Tao Te Ching

      via Sandra Ma on Facebook

      Sarah Hughes photography

      "Even the most exalted states and the most exceptional spiritual accomplishments
      are unimportant if we cannot be happy in the most basic and ordinary ways, if we
      cannot touch one another and the life we have been given with our hearts."

      Jack Kornfield

      From the book, "A Path With Heart," published by Bantam.
      via Daily Dharma

      "When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to
      discover that it's bottomless, that it doesn't have any resolution, that this heart is
      huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to discover how much warmth and gentleness is
      there, as well as how much space."

      Pema Chodron

      via Daily Dharma

      We label everything and everyone - the plants, the animals, the stars, even our own
      intimate feelings. "Sadness", we call it. "Anger". "Fear". "Boredom". "Confusion".
      These are second-hand words picked up when we were young. But underneath the
      labels, prior to the abstract language, there is a profoundly alive mystery here,
      unspeakable, unable to be captured by thought. Without our mind-made
      descriptions of experience, do we really have any way of knowing what we are
      experiencing? Take away the label 'sadness', and what is alive here? Take away
      the description 'anger', and what is this raw, passionate energy we feel? Stop
      calling an emotion 'positive' or 'negative', and what happens? Come back to the raw
      sensation of life, the present-moment dance of the body. What is this unfiltered,
      dynamic, raw life energy? Can we touch life before the labels? Who would touch
      it? Who would be separate from it? This is the river of life, my friends, sacred,
      intimate, familiar, and we are inseparable from its flow. Every thought, sensation,
      feeling, image, is infused with the mystery of universes.

      "This Ease, which is all of Existence, isn't a state You are in. It is what You are.
      This Ease that You forever are - is so easy, so effortlessly simple, It is not in the
      realm of words."

      Peter Dziuban
      Consciousness Is All