#4928 - Thursday, May 23, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2013

      #4928 - Thursday, May 23, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Whenever an answer, a solution, or a creative idea is needed,
      stop thinking for a moment by focusing your attention on your
      inner energy field. Become aware of the stillness."

      ~Eckhart Tolle
      (Oneness With All Life)

      "The Bodhisattva Never-Despairing never disliked anyone, because he knew that
      each of us has the capacity to become a Buddha.

      He would bow to every child or adult, and say, 'I do not dare to underestimate you.
      You are a future Buddha.'

      Some people felt so joyful hearing this that faith arose in them. But others,
      thinking that he was making fun of them, shouted and hurled stones at him. He
      continued this practice for his whole life, reminding others that they had the
      capacity to wake up. Why wander all over the world looking for something you
      already have? You are already the richest person on earth."

      ~Thich Nhat Hahn

      From the book, "The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching, " published by Parallax
      Press.
      via Daily Dharma by Anipachen

      When the Shoe Fits

      Ch'ui the draftsman
      Could draw more perfect circles freehand
      Than with a compass.

      His fingers brought forth
      Spontaneous forms from nowhere. His mind
      Was meanwhile free and without concern
      With what he was doing.

      No application was needed
      His mind was perfectly simple
      And knew no obstacle.

      So, when the shoe fits
      The foot is forgotten,
      When the belt fits
      The belly is forgotten,
      When the heart is right
      "For" and "against" are forgotten.

      No drives no compulsions,
      No needs, no attractions:
      Then your affairs
      Are under control.
      You are a free man.

      Easy is right. Begin right
      And you are easy.
      Continue easy and you are right.
      The right way to go easy
      Is to forget the right way
      And forget that the going is easy.

      ~ Chuang Tzu

      (In the Dark Before Dawn, trans. Thomas Merton)

      Old Man, Old Man

      Young men, not knowing what to remember,
      Come to this hiding place of the moons and years,
      To this Old Man. Old Man, they say, where should we go?
      Where did you find what you remember? Was it perched in a tree?
      Did it hover deep in the white water? Was it covered over
      With dead stalks in the grass? Will we taste it
      If our mouths have long lain empty?
      Will we feel it between our eyes if we face the wind
      All night, and turn the color of earth?
      If we lie down in the rain, can we remember sunlight?

      He answers, I have become the best and worst I dreamed.
      When I move my feet, the ground moves under them.
      When I lie down, I fit the earth too well.
      Stones long underwater will burst in the fire, but stones
      Long in the sun and under the dry night
      Will ring when you strike them. Or break in two.
      There were always many places to beg for answers:
      Now the places themselves have come in close to be told.
      I have called even my voice in close to whisper with it:
      Every secret is as near as your fingers.
      If your heart stutters with pain and hope,
      Bend forward over it like a man at a small campfire.

      ~ David Wagoner

      (Traveling Light)
      Web version:
      www.panhala.net/Archive/Old_Man_Old_Man.html