#4925 - Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

  • Jerry K
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013
      #4925 - Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Interview with Ellen Emmet

      [sorry I can't include an image. I'm using an alternative email program and it doesn't seem possible.]

      Ellen writes on her website http://ellenemmet.com , "I live in Oxford, U.K. alongside my husband Rupert Spira, whose pure and luminous teaching never ceases to deepen my understanding. I continue my practice as a Psychotherapist, and Authentic Movement facilitator allowing my background of Dance-Movement Therapy, and Transpersonal Psychology to be permeated by and to express the non-dual understanding. I also offer Non-dual Yoga sessions in the tradition of Kashmir Shivaism exploring our true nature at the level of the body."

      On Ellen's excellent website http://ellenemmet.com , you can learn more about Ellen's background, listen to her  meditations, watch videos, and immerse yourself in what she does.

      Watch/listen on YouTube:

      http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&video_id=iokCnP-EZXc

      Download link:

      http://nonduality.com/ellenemmet13may2013.mp3

      Tracks

      0:00 - 7:08 Some banter, Ellen's background, self-introduction. Authentic Movement introduced. Janet Adler mentioned and her book Arching Backwards. Some of Janet Adler's story of her Kundalini awakening and her description of direct experience. Ellen being drawn to Adler's writing. The Amazon.oom link for Arching Backwards: The Mystical Initiation of a Contemporary Woman, by Janet Adler is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0892815469/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0892815469&linkCode=as2&tag=nondualitysal-20

      7:08 - 13:23 Inclusion of Authentic Movement under the umbrella of nonduality as inspiring to Ellen. Adler's use of the terms nonduality and unitive state. Varieties and roots of Authentic Movement.

      13:23 - 21:06 Ellen describes what Authentic Movement is. Roles of mover and witness profoundly described.

      21:06 - 24:45 Responsibilities of the witness and facilitator of Authentic Movement. Formalizing of AM by Adler.  The people drawn to AM. AM being like therapy.

      24:45 - 27:38 Use of the term "longing" by Adler in Offering from the Conscious Body. Conjecture of what Adler meant by longing. Significance of longing. The Amazon.com link for Offering From the Conscious Body is a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0892819669/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0892819669&linkCode=as2&tag=nondualitysal-20

      27:38 - 31:22 The form of Authentic Movement discussed. Shifts in the quality of the atmosphere and time. Sacredness of repetition of movement.

      31:22 - 36:24 "Being moved" compared to "I'm moving." Oneness with creativity or shakti. Longing re-visited. Experience of unitive states and value of knowing about nondual teachings.

      36:24 - 39:56 What clients of Authentic Movement are looking for.

      39:56 - 44:24 AM as a source for all creative endeavors. A brief reading from Adler's Offering from the Conscious Body. Meaning of "energetic phenomena."

      44:24 - 54:24 Ellen's discovery of Francis Lucille while working with Janet Adler. Ellen responds to question about role of AM as a portal to nondual discovery. Francis's teaching of yoga and its profound focus and outcome. The real body as awareness. Rupert Spira's clarity mentioned.

      54:24 - 58:16 Nature of Francis Lucille's message and teaching. The real body as awareness. Clarity of Rupert Spira. "You can be as clear as you are clear." Ellen addresses the question, "How has Authentic Movement been of value to you in communicating nonduality?" Being "intimate with the unfolding of experience."

      58:16 - 1:02:56 Applying some of the form and purpose of Authentic Movement to nondual discussion groups.  The gift of witnessing. Incorporation of a witness. Silence.

      1:02:56 - 1:07:39 Ellen's interest in bringing Authentic Movement to her nondual offering. Ellen questioning herself on how the "less nondual" teachings fit in with her nondual offering.

      1:07:39 - 1:14:36 Feminine nature of these offerings. Meeting at a connection of the heart. Sharings beyond the body/mind as where Ellen received glimpses of the nondual. "The sense of hearing the space was exquisite." Combing strands of space. Glimpses not being completely met.

      1:14:36 - 1:20:11 It's all art. What Ellen will be doing at the Science and Nonduality Conference Europe 2013. Her other work. Talking about interviewing Rupert. Facing the places of resistance. Finishing the interview. Casual conversation.