#4911 - Monday, May 6, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2013

      #4911 - Monday, May 6, 2013 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      To divide and particularize is in the mind's
      very nature.  There is no harm in dividing.
      But separation goes against fact.  Things
      and people are different, but they are not
      separate.  Nature is one, reality is one.
      There are opposites, but no opposition.
      ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj
      Do you think I know what I'm doing?
      That for one breath or half-breath
      I belong to myself?
      As much as a pen knows what it's writing
      or the ball can guess where it's going next.
      ~ Rumi

      via Along The Way

      "In the finale of natural perfection,
      All phenomena fall into their natural state,
      And ordinary consciousness and reality coinciding,
      We reach the carefree detachment of timeless release.
      The gnostic dynamic supersedes reason,
      All specifics dissolve into their own pure nature,
      The polarity of emptiness and substance is resolved,
      Movement consummated in thoughtlessness,
      And, with no-mind, the intellect is superseded."
      From the book: “Old Man Basking in the Sun,” published by Vajra Publications
      vai Daily Dharma

      In the 70s, Ram Dass was giving a talk about his experiences in India. An elderly
      lady in the first row kept nodding and smiling in assent, the wooden cherries on her
      hat bobbing up and down. His interest was pricked. How did she know about the
      deep, esoteric things he’d spent years studying? At the end of the lecture, she went
      up to him and remarked, “I enjoyed your talk.” “How do you know so much about
      meditation?” he asked. “Oh,” she confided, “I crochet.”
      via Inner Directions on Facebook

      To know the world with open-hearted tenderness insures that one will indeed be
      broken hearted but also that one will know joy – both the joy of this world and an
      unborn joy beyond the touch of decay or corruption. In this joy one discovers a
      love of life, a love in life, a love that pervades life. This Love of Life knows that
      there must be great trees, there must be fields and wild areas unspoiled by the
      touch of civilizations mechanics. This Love of Life knows there must be relationship
      unspoiled by the wounds of memory. And, knowing this, it polishes the bright virtue
      of mind, moment after moment and enacts it in the world to perserve what is of
      true value. This Love of Life grows deep roots into the soil and its branches weave
      tangling patterns across the sky of living. - t.k.