#4909 - Saturday, May 4, 2013 - Editor: Dustin LindenSmith

  • Dustin LindenSmith
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2013
      #4909 - Saturday, May 4, 2013 - Editor: Dustin LindenSmith

      Good morning!

      Today's highlights come from an issue Gloria Lee edited nearly 2,200 days ago in early 2007. It speaks to me a lot today because of a relatively recent-onset awakening that has been settling in quite deeply with me.

      For awhile, several years ago, I held this thought that I was enlightened because I understood the concept so well intellectually and had also accepted the notion that I needn't have felt any specific satori experience to confirm it. But lately, a more comprehensive sense of "letting go" has been settling in with me, and several excerpts from today's highlights are now resonating with me in fresh, new ways.

      The final quote about the monk in the monastery also calls to mind an insight that Jerry once shared with me that has never left my memory. It's a story he tells about his own life when he realized sometime in the late 70s, I think it was, that there was only one day. No matter what the calendar told him, he realized that every single day was essentially the same. Had he returned to his monastery after that, he might have felt the same way that the monk described below did, too. :)