#4898 - Sunday, April 21, 2013

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2013

      Nonduality Highlights Issue #4898, Sunday, April 21, 2013

      Things went down we don't understand, but I think in time we will

      - Robert Hunter

      May we not succumb to thoughts of violence and revenge today, but rather to thoughts of mercy and compassion. We are to love our enemies that they might be returned to their right minds.

      - Marianne Williamson

      To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him/her, and he/she is no longer our enemy.

      - Thich Nhat Hanh

      I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will never know how far a little kindness can go.

      - Rachel Joy Scott (1981-1999); Student, First Victim Of The Columbine High School Massacre

      In separateness lies the world's great misery, in compassion lies the world's true strength.

      - Buddha

      Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

      - Plato

      The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.

      - John Green, Looking for Alaska

      Fear grows out of the things we think; it lives in our minds. Compassion grows out of the things we are, and lives in our hearts.

      - Barbara Garrison

      Give children at least as many chances to show compassion as they have to be competitive.

      - Erica Layman

      The longest journey you will ever take is the 18 inches from your head to your heart.

      - Andrew Bennett

      The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.

      - Elisabeth K├╝bler-Ross